youtube.com/watch?v=FUrwmPnL-ec
youtube.com/watch?v=_kTsbuoTOKs
stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/playlist-archive/
youtu.be/lLaJaEgm3KQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Morrissey likes Smash Mouth
The bloke from Pantera is a massive Smiths fan
Michael Gira is a big Neil Diamond fan

Why would Jimmy Page not like Royal Blood? Also I'm like 95% sure that Aphex is memeing around.

Because he's old.

Neil Young was a big fan and early supporter of stuff like Sonic Youth and Devo. Not too surprising in the context of the work he did after discovering them, but it surely must have been a surprise at the time.

Kirk Hammett's favorite albums of the 00s.

>The aging rock veteran, 59, was heard rubbishing critically acclaimed rock acts Radiohead and the Red Hot Chili Peppers - and then demanded to hear Captain Beefheart instead.
>A source said: He was drinking with a woman and didn't like the choice of tunes playing.
>Radiohead was on and he started complaining. He said, 'What's this rhyming crap?'
>The staff were obviously keen to please him so they changed the music. They put on the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who they thought might be more up his street. But he didn't like their stuff either and said it was like a 'nursery rhyme.'
>He then said he wanted to listen to Captain Beefheart.

wtf i respect kirk hammett now

He's not wrong about RHCP

He's aging let him be

Bowie had notably quite diverse taste in music, but I was still surprised to find that he was a fan of Black Flag and once went to one of their shows

>talentless hack turns out to be a huge pleb
wow....

Scott Walker digs Radiohead and even booked them for a festival he curated in 2000. And then of course the Sunn O))) collab.

Lou Reed called Yeezus a masterpiece and said it "brings tears to his eyes".

John Lydon really loves Kate Bush.

I don't even like Metallica all that much but Kirk Hammett is undeniably very skilled at guitar

Well who doesn't love Kate bush?

>John Lydon really loves Kate Bush.
Lydon's a big fan of a lot of stuff that those who only know him from the Pistols would be surprised about. He notably did a radio show in his Pistols days where he played a bunch of fairly out there stuff that went rather against their image, and it apparently really pissed off Malcolm McLaren.
fodderstompf.com/ARCHIVES/REVIEWS 2/capital77.html

More surprising to me though was that Sid Vicious was into Can and he was the one that turned Lydon onto it

>John Lydon really loves Kate Bush.
So does Big Boi

thats actually chill and well rounded taste. Sort of entry level but not too entry level, and it shows a devotion towards meal/hardrock without being too stuck in the classics.

Panic at the disco got their name from the smiths

RDJ is also a big fan of Ween iirc
Patti Smith likes Loveless
Elliott Smith was really into Chet Baker though I guess that's not surprising

Tyler Joseph likes clouddead and death grips

Mick Jagger really liked Devo's version of Satisfaction, and apparently called it his favourite cover of it
Similarly, Roger McGuinn really liked Husker Du's reworking of Eight Miles High
>Patti Smith likes Loveless
She actually did an album with Kevin Shields, which is worth checking out if you're a fan of both of them

Loveless has also been praised by Chuck Schuldiner as well as The Edge and Bono.

Thom Yorke likes Boris.

Hayley Williams is patrician

Ween are not Zappa fans

Darby Crash was a massive Bowie fan

This one isn't that surprising, considering he was a fan of the first band to ever bring that raw aggression to stage, long before that was at all common

Chino from Deftones likes Justin Bieber

It's not like black flag was the only punk band dude, plenty of others we're doing edgy and aggressive shit on stage

Elliott Smith also loved Nico's album The Marble Index and used to play it endlessly for weeks at a time.

>Mick Jagger really liked Devo's version of Satisfaction, and apparently called it his favourite cover of it
In the concert film/documentary Hardcore Devo, they talked about having Jagger in the studio to show him the cover, and he was dead silent and emotionless for the first 30 seconds, then just shot up and started dancing.

I mean how couldn't you love that cover though

In a similar vein, Jimmy Page called Dread Zeppelin his favorite band

>Darby Crash was a massive Bowie fan
A lot of punks were Bowie fans surprisingly

He probably meant the stooges, whom bowie was an early supporter of

Reading comprehension isn't your thing, is it?

I was referring to the Stooges

>Chuck Schuldiner
RIP

>using a severely mentally ill man's edgy self mutilation as a fashion statement
I fucking hate Kanye. I don't even care that the other members of MSP didn't care that he did it, he's a fucking twat.

>While critics noted the influence of CBGB stalwarts Television, Casablancas and bandmates claimed to have never heard the band

John Darnielle being really into metal always surprised me

Bollocks

>instead citing the Velvet Underground as a reference point.

Uhh name one genius who ain't crazy :)

Kozelek covered Elliott Smith for a tribute comp so I guess he at least somewhat likes him. I was sure he'd just think he's whiny or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=AAOVgrJGxX0

What will Kanye not do for edgy fashion statements?

lmao

Perhaps not that surprising, but Blur were big fans of the Cardiacs, and they invited the band to open for them at a big show they did in London. They didn't go down well, and supposedly the band had enough coins thrown at them that they paid for their dinner with it.

Didn't the documentary say that it was 3 stacks who loved Kate Bush?

glad he recognises Rated R as the best QOTSA album

jesus this cover is painful to listen to

then again, considering how shitty the cover is it's perfectly possible that he's trolling

>Ween are not Zappa fans
their music has nothing in common except they're both weird

Apparently Kurt was a big fan of Bauhaus and a secret lover of goth/deathrock. Courtney said his Bauhaus records were all scratched up from being played a lot. This is coming from Courtney Love though.

he claimed to have never listened to joy division though

Kurt's taste was quite diverse and well developed, so that doesn't surprise me. I read once that his favourite song of 1991 was There's No Other Way by Blur once though, and that took me a bit aback

>he doesn't worship raf

fucking faggot

the first concert kurt ever went to was a van halen show. of course he went to great lengths to cover this up with his phony anti-cockrock attitude

Here's the interview about that. youtube.com/watch?v=J5Dnt9SXKMU

raf needs to be put down

Michael Gira is a fan of minimalism
Robert Fripp dislikes rock and almost all guitar music
He also seems to be fan of black metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=FUrwmPnL-ec

K dot's favorite rapper is Earl Sweatshirt

Jeff Mangum loves Cheap Trick.

The only modern music Will Hart likes is Sunn O))).

>He also seems to be fan of black metal.

He specifically likes Cascadian/Depressive black metal, especially Xasthur.

Also Gira's favorite album is Ziggy Stardust.

Taylor Swift is more of a patrician than you.
Ryan Adams listens to more punk than you.
Chelsea Wolfe goes deeper on metal than you.
Kanye West knows more about electronic music than most electronic musicians.

Pretty much ever "poseur" artist in any genre is, in their personal life, a fucking expert in the non-poseur artists of their genre and would put most of us to shame with their expertise.

Fucked up, but it's true.

Kesha likes The Residents

The amount of people that assumed they were Zappa fans was significant enough for it to be included on their wikipedia page

>Also Gira's favorite album is Ziggy Stardust.
The debate is over folks

youtube.com/watch?v=_kTsbuoTOKs

This one through me for a loop at first, but in hindsight it makes sense since they are both racist faggots.

for real?

fuck off reddit

stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/playlist-archive/

Just look at all the shit he listens to

Confirmed

total patrician right there

>The Shaggs – Philosophy of the World
Wew lad

What's wrong with The Shaggs?

DELET

The majority of what's being posted in here is lol not true. Not sure why liking the Deftones is surprising as they're _actually_ original.

Who is this Will Hart? he seems like my kinda guy.

ok, so how do we know this?

>ironically liking genuinely awful music

U srs m8? He was one half of the Olivia Tremor Control, before the other half died.

That's the point of the Shaggs though, it's just girls playing random shit because they have no idea how to play the instruments and that's what makes it so unique, if they actually did play good, this album would had been quickly forgotten as generic 60's garage rock

patrician as fuck

>tfw I unironically like half of it

It's like how a parent loves their kid's shitty elementary school play. It's just so sweet.

Also the one sister who went on to keep making music makes pretty catchy shit.

Yeezus is a great album but Lou Reed was probably just being a sarcastic shit

Madness frontman Suggs was a fan and roadie for Skrewdriver and friend of Ian Stuart's. The TV/radio presenter Mark Radcliffe also drummed for them. This was in their early days as a pre-Nazi band and is understandably something both keep quiet about, but it was still a surprised to find out.

failure is her favorite band, as well as maynard keenan's

You're glossing over the fact that they didn't even want to make it and their dad forced them to. He even said something like "I want to market them while they're still young and hot."

It's actually a really unsettling record when you learn its whole backstory.

nah, its Tupac, followed by Biggie, Jay Z, Nas and Eminem

>Aphex Twin likes Oasis
source on that? its actually bretty cool

Nah dude
youtu.be/lLaJaEgm3KQ

>Michael Gira is a fan of minimalism
Why would that be surprising at all? A lot of Swans' music is super repetitive and minimalist in arrangement.

>I didn't agree with all the techno bands who said rock was dead either. I like rock music. Oasis is pretty good, they're like a modified version of old music like The Beatles. That's OK. I mean, I suppose my ambient stuff is just a modified version of Brian Eno. The difference is, I had never heard any Brian Eno before I started making records.

The link was marked as spam but if you google that it comes up.

Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson have collaborated multiple times. And yeah, most of those songs have been related to pot.

Bob Dylan recently gave Kesha the best hug of her life, according to Kesha. Also Dylan is the reason Kesha started writing songs.

David Bowie said the one kind of music he never got into was country music.

Bob Dylan was on a Kurtis Blow record when hip-hop was still relatively new.

David Letterman's favorite song is Everlong.

Merle Haggard said modern country is crap, the way "they're treating the president is criminal" when Obama was in office and wrote a song for Hillary.

I can see kevin liking deftones, but the aphex-oasis thing is a joke. only natural he'd dislike radiohead but he distanced himself from those comments a while ago

>classic rock guitarist likes buttrock revival band
not surprising

kurt loved noise rock and post-punk, I'd be surprised if he didn't like bauhaus

the guy is really quite eclectic and it shows in his music, it's a shame a majority of his audience is closeminded and listens to nothing but outdated classic prog and shit metal

In the 70s and early 80s Bruce Springsteen and Joe Strummer had a friendly rivalry and viewed each other as the English and American equivalents to one another.

Bowie also likes Grandaddy and went to one of their shows and surprised the band after the show was finished, who hadn't even seen him

Slash is a fan of the Dutch Post-Punk band Minny Pops and had them open for him at a show in England

The Clash seems to have always been pals with roots related rockers. Joe Ely, a country singer-songwriter, was on Should I Stay Or Should I Go

loosely related but geoff barrow was doing bitmoji reviews of all the artists he saw when glastonbury was on which was pretty funny

>Pretty much ever "poseur" artist in any genre is, in their personal life, a fucking expert in the non-poseur artists of their genre and would put most of us to shame with their expertise.
Seriously this
Probably what the case is with me

Debatably the case with Radiohead and The Beatles and Bowie