First time I listen to this album, first time I listen to Burzum, and almost first time I listen to black metal...

First time I listen to this album, first time I listen to Burzum, and almost first time I listen to black metal. Holy shit, this is fucking amazing. What is his best stuff aside from Filosofem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UwIljPvrNjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nothing, unless you want to hear experimental medieval music

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is my favorite

>first time listening to black metal
>thinking Burzum is good
sounds about right. keep with it, avoid Deafheaven and other blackgaze like the plague, be sure to eventually stretch out into war and death metal, and maybe in a few years, you too can be a bitter uber-kvlt metalhead who hates Filosofem

I'm interested

But all the black metal fans I know love Burzum

shhh, just let him pretend he's serious business for disliking one of the best and most important bands in the genre
If you like metal you should listen to Det Som Engang Var. If you want a smoother transition to it listen to Hvis Lyset Tar Oss.
If you just want the closest thing to what you heard listen to Belus and Fallen. Belus has a fuzzier atmosphere more similar to Filosofem (but nowhere near as lo-fi) whereas Fallen just showcases the Vikernes songwriting with a pretty clean but cool sound.

>oh noes people can't dislike muh Burzum
There

Two recent threads where the band was shit on by people who know more about metal than either of you.

Yeah man, you know what TRVE METAL is, right! Now go rape some woman in a shitty festival where you drink cheap beer.

>people who know more about metal than either of you

Best black metal song
youtube.com/watch?v=UwIljPvrNjI

Why were both of these such adverse reactions? The top one's a strawman, and the bottom one implies pretension when OP literally said he started listening to black metal like right now.

that's not OP just some guy who thinks shitting on burzum will give him metal cred

>best black metal song is not a black metal song
no

aint no one gonna wanna listen to that shit. its incredibly gay

>spend all your time on Sup Forums and interacting with Sup Forumstants and nu males
>think they represent black metal fans

Burzum is a popular but not incredibly good BM artist. i bet you guys think he's one of the pioneers of the genre 'cause you've never heard of first wave

>>spend all your time on Sup Forums
Literally only here during november and ocassionally click on mu to see if a bm thread is up, stop projecting so hard
>'cause you've never heard of first wave
how fucking deluded do you have to be to think that? probably just more projecting cause you listened to a bathory album for the first time only a couple weeks ago

The first four Burzum albums are all incredible and some of the best black metal of all time.

Definetly go for "hvis lyset tar oss" next. That's his best album imo.

Try listening to the classics now, you might dig some of the french "les legions noires" stuff.

funny way to spell Batlord

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss. It's way better than Filosofem and by far Varg's best work

You can devide Burzum into a couple of styles:

Trad. Black Metal:
>Burzum
>Aske
>Det Som Engang Var

Atmoshit and Ambient
>Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
>Filosofem

Dungeon Synth:
>Daudi Baldrs
>Hlidskjalf
>Sol Austan, Mani Vestan
>The Ways of Yore

Different type of Atmoshit:
>Belus
>Fallen
>Umskiptar

The ones I find to be the best from each distinct "era" are Burzum, Hlidskjalf, Fallen, and Filosofem and Hvis are basically equally great and the better one comes down to taste.

>Burzum's the most overrated crap in metal though. Like I can see how a non-metal fan would like it, but fucking shit, as a non-metal fan you're probably also listening to various forms of noise rock, minimalism, totalism, etc. that have similar approaches to songwriting but do it much better. Burzum's for faggots who can't handle real riffs nor can they handle sophisticated takes on repetition in music.
This is from that other topic. Burzum is overrated no riff garbage enjoy by pseudo-intellectuals, people who don't actually enjoy metal, and often people who have never branched out of metal thus listen to its inferior takes as well.

>Hvis lyset Tar Oss is better than Filosofem
when will this meme die

>You can devide Burzum into a couple of styles:
>names 4

no matter how many times you repeat what some other faggot wrote it won't change the fact that black metal fans have consistently been listening to and praising burzum

YOU are the indie kid, not people who enjoy burzum
just calling burzuzm "no riff" shows how fucking clueless you are

I've been enjoying metal for 10 years and I still think Burzum is pretty good. Get off your high horse.

Instead of trying to appeal to the majority, why not post any actual points? Oh wait, you guys got none. Burzum doesn't have the kind of riff progression metal works off of. Just a lot of repetition without minimalism's interesting bits.

>YOU are the indie kid, not people who enjoy burzum
Is that why all Burzum seems to have directly influenced outside Blazebirth Hall is hipster bait metal? Fuck dude, the more shit that you write, the more obvious it becomes you aren't a fan for that long.

>Is that why all Burzum seems to have directly influenced outside Blazebirth Hall is hipster bait metal? Fuck dude, the more shit that you write, the more obvious it becomes you aren't a fan for that long.
except this is blatantly untrue because burzum influenced every black metal bands across the spectrum, except for bestial bands who were set on influences before the 2nd wave even came around
>Burzum doesn't have the kind of riff progression metal works off of. Just a lot of repetition without minimalism's interesting bits.
So should I take this as your admittance that you haven't actually listened to any burzum in your life?
Jesus Tod:
Aa
Ab
B
Ca
Cb
B
Cc
Ca
D
Cd
D
Cd
B

>four different sections within 8 minutes
Are you kidding me? Not even Metallica's that boring. That's my fucking point, he repeats shit for way too fucking long for absolutely not reason at all unlike say minimalism where there's always minor change happening at a much faster rate than crap like Burzum (except even worse stuff than Burzum like Julius Eastman or something.)

oh my fucking god are you blind, I just pointed out that there is a ton of variations in those sections that "repeat for 8 minutes"
and that's besides the point anyway, I don't even know why I have to defend burzum when you haven't provided any actual criticism, your whole argument to begin with was "I grew out of it and I'm a serious metalhead now, please respect me"

stick a moonblood bootleg up your ass, maybe it will help with being such an insufferable cunt with horrible taste and opinions

Immortal - Pure Holocaust / At the Heart of Winter
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse / Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Gorgoroth - Pentagram / Antichrist
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Sacramentum - Far Away From the Sun
Dissection - Stom of the Lights Bane
Bathory - First 4 albums or Blood Fire Death specifically

This is the best black metal out there

Not really. Each riff is straight up repeated for like an entire minute. It's goddamn basic ass two measure riffs, too. None of the riffs have very much variation in rhythm. Varg's drums serve as more repetitive parts akin to minimalist pieces, but there's more layers in minimalist pieces than guitars, drums, vocals to make that repetition interesting. This is also talking about Jesus Tod which is far more bearable than a track like Det Som Engang Var where samey sections last for minutes.

March to Black Holocaust, Drawing Down the Moon, Wolfenzeitalter, Darkthone Unholy Trilogy, the entire moonblood discography, Ond Spiritism, Orkblut, Nattestid, Fallen Angel of Doom

the rest of the bm essentials imo (but I wouldn't include Enslaved, Dissection and Dissection lite)

Sacramentum is better than Dissection.

I agree actually, although I care for neither band

Holy fucking shit stop falling for the bait

>can't come up with suitable counterarguments
>m-muh b8!

>best stuff aside from filosofem
i have good news, filosofem isnt even top three for burzum:
>Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
>Belus
>Burzum self-titled

He makes great dark ambient too.

the repetition is what drives the listener into the black metal trance.can't you see it's important to have repetition in this kind of music. then when there's a change, it feelslike the whole world is crashing in.

>black metal
DUDE CHRISTIANS DESERVE DEATH LMAO

kys mong