Well... Doctor Who was dying in the last couple of seasons but making the doctor a female was the killing blow...

Well... Doctor Who was dying in the last couple of seasons but making the doctor a female was the killing blow. Good job, BBC, you've ruined a successful franchise.

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016/
youtube.com/watch?v=gcXszrAs5ik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh, so making a change in a show that is becoming so stale it is even losing its longtime fans killed it. Making a change with something dying by being stale killed it. I repeat: Making a change with something dying by being stale killed it.
First off, Dr. Who will always have its true fans. It has an immortal cult following. Second off, only idiots think that keeping something the same when being stale is killing it will fix it and blame the change in an attempt to fix it killed it. That's like say, North Korea sending a guy circling the drain (almost dead by their abuse) to the United States saying since the guy died in the USA, North Korea was not at fault for his death.

> you've ruined a successful franchise.
Maybe wait until it fails before saying it's failed.

There are plenty of people who really don't care what gender the Doctor is, it's not like he has to use a penis to operate the Tardis.

Personally, I'm ambivalent, I've no idea who Jodie Whittaker is, so I'll wait and see.

When did i say it had failed? I said that it ruined a popular franchise for many fans. There will always be fans, such as tumblrwomen who will be happy about this. My MUM was a diehard doctor who fan, and even she says it absolutely ruined it for her and says she'll never watch it again.

It's the BBC what do you expect? They thought hiring Chris Evans one of the most annoying people on earth was a good idea to save top gear.

too bad you have only two dads

Maybe try getting out of the house sometime.

The bit that I quoted
> you've ruined a successful franchise.
How about you wait and see before saying that it's ruined. Because it might do really well.

And so fucking what if it appeals to Tumblr fans? Doctor Who has always been a progressive show, criticising bigotry and racism, and showing that men can solve huge problems without guns and violence. If there's any criticism to be made, it's that it's taking away such a role model for men.

>Durr shes not a feminist, durr that means its male
Are you joking?

>hire the most boring actor from broadchurch to be the main character of one of the longest running shows in british television
If they're gonna do diversity casting why can't they pick good fucking actors

You still dont understand what i mean? Im talking about how it was ruined for fans alike me. Fans who've been watching for so long, to become BETRAYED like this. Fans that will quit watching the show altogether. That ruins a series for THOSE fans

>WAH I DON'T LIKE THIS SO NOBODY DOES BECAUSE IT'S RUINED BECAUSE I SAID SO

How have you been betrayed?

I've watched every single episode of Doctor Who, including all the ones in the 60s that they lost the video for. I don't see how any of us have been betrayed. Were we betrayed when they replaced William Hartnell with a younger man? Were we betrayed when they gave the Doctor more regenerations?

If making the Doctor a woman has ruined the show for you, then I wander what it was that you saw in it in the first place.

Forward to this thread

Wonder how long it will be before she clips the Tardis whilst reversing in ASDA car park..........

It's actually a really good idea
>criticize the show
>misogyny
>critizice the writing
>misogyny
>critiziceher acting
>misogyny

We zozzle at your ignorance

Or takes off with the handbrake on!

Oh wait, the Doctor already did that, and it was River Song who pointed it out.

Dr Who has always sucked. Hope this finally kills this shitty show

I hope your favourite show fails too x

So even Dr Who succumbs to political correctness?
Sad so very sad.

Since when had Doctor Who ever been against progressiveness, calling out hatred and bigotry, solving problems through intelligence, not guns?

It's not political correctness, they just happened cast a woman in the role. Get over yourself.

Two of my favourite shows are Buffy the vampire slayer and Veronica Mars, do you think these shows would be improved if they were re-booted with men as the leads?
of course not.
The reverse however does not apply, If woman replaces a man nowadays you're a sexist for disagreeing with this decision.

This is not progressive.

The Doctor was certainly "Male" to start - in the first series he travels with his niece, who calls him "Uncle".

Now he is gendered female, so s/he is Trans.

The BBC should have cast a transwoman to play a trans role, not a white cishet female.

Except that Buffy and Veronica Mars (probably, never seen it) don't have characters that periodically totally change their appearance and personality.

Doctor Who however does have that. It's not a reboot, it's a continuation with another new character, same as always.

it should have ended with the xmas special the doctor the widow and the wardrobe.
just like supernatural should have ended with Swan Song, 13 years, it's really been on for 13 years.

It was his granddaughter, who called him "Grandfather".

And the Doctor is not trans, there's no surgery or hormones involved, he's regenerated totally as a woman. So now he's a she. Space alien, doesn't follow human rules.

If copping a female doctor for a couple of seasons is the price we have to pay to get rid of Moffat then I say fuck it! Bring on the vag!

>cough
Ghostbusters
>cough

By this argument, each new regeneration in Doctor Who should have been played by the old actor with plastic surgery, or a wig or something.

Regeneration, whole new body and personality (albeit remembering previous lives).

I can't wait for all the hilarious "my eyes are up here u stupid dumb male earthling" etc etc

Oh really? Is that why Doctor's last companion just happened to be a black lesbian?
BLACK and a fucking LESBIAN.

The new Ghostbusters was a disaster, but because they didn't know how to direct, when to end sequences, and because they tried to make it all one huge joke. The original had much better comic timing, and everyone (except Bill Murray) played it straight.

It wasn't bad because it had women in it.

Sorry honey you're wrong. The Doctor was male and is now female, so trans.

What you are saying is that every regeneration is a completely different existence, which we know isn't true because there are only a fixed number of regenerations. So the Doctor is all one person, and s/he is a transwoman now. A transwoman played by a white cishet female. The BBC only pretends to be inclusive.

they could have just followed Tom Baker bumbling around the museum for a season or two.

Yes, and? Like I said, Doctor Who has never been against progressiveness.

I bet you voted for Hillary with excuse that Trump is a monster.
Fucking SJW cuck.

>BBC in charge of inclusiveness
>casts a cishet white female - the largest single majority demographic in the whole country

There's already a transwoman boycott of the series on tumblr. Hope BBC takes notice!

I don't really give a shit. Will see how she plays the doctor and then judge. I just hope they are not doing the Ghostbusters thing where it's "let's make them women and make a big fucking sexiest deal over it for publicly", which will fucking kill the show like it did that movie. I don't think they'll go that route though. Dr. Who has always had it's ups and downs, we'll see where this goes.

I would have watched it

As the Doctor said: "We’re billions of years beyond your petty obsession with gender and its associated stereotypes."

The Doctor is a Time Lord, an alien from space. They can change sex. That doesn't make them transgender, it's just how the species functions.

As for fixed number of regenerations, well the Doctor is passed 12 now, he was given a whole pile of new ones when he regenerated into Peter Capaldi.

But he was against stupidity

I'm Scottish, I couldn't have voted for Hillary if I wanted to. But yes, I would have done.

Sorry, honey but everyone who was against ghostbusters was angry because it was feminised. Rotten tomatoes reviewed the film without counting the female replacement and rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016/

This was mentioned only in past few episode as a part of SJW propaganda.
Changing sex's was never even mention in past 50 years of the show's existance, first time it was implemented with the master to test the waters.
It's no coincidence doctor's last companion was a black fucking lesbian.

> Fucking SJW cuck
Lol, are you even trying? It's like a broken record.

Nah the doc is a tranny now get used to it.

Go back to tumblr you fucking faggot.

wew

The only thing worse than Dr. Who is Dr. Who fans

Here's a review of Ghostbusters that absolutely pans it, but at no point is the sex of the actors an issue.
youtube.com/watch?v=gcXszrAs5ik

Yeah, her vagina will ruin everything!

It's bigger on the outside than the on the inside!

So who im going to believe?
>some youtuber
>300+ average reviewers

People that have no problem with Doctor being a female are the same type of people that support transgender people.

> Nah the doc is a tranny now get used to it.
Oh look, run out of arguments so it's time to dish out the slurs.

Space alien. Regeneration. Not human.

Thanks, but I really don't care for Tumblr..

>O look it's a dying franchise
>how dare they try something new

Pics?

>Was a man now a chick
tranny
>after twelve doctors they chop off his dick
tranny

Its like trying to put out a fire with electricity

How about watch the video and see for yourself? The guy makes a pretty compelling case for why the film is so shit.

The fact that a whole pile of butt hurt people cried because there were women acting in it instead of men doesn't actually reflect on the film.

i dont know why its a big deal. they ruined another series, so dont watch it
no viewers = they will get the message
it's evident that the public is exhausted by all these sjw trojan horses in entertainment. video games, movies, shows, etc

each iteration is going to fail after the next

Regeneration. It changes you.

I mean, when Colin Baker regenerated into Sylvester McCoy, the Doctor lost about a foot in height. It wasn't surgically removed, the body just regenerated a new one.

Do you actually understand how any of this works, or are you just getting a kick out of saying the word "tranny"?

i don't zozzle at a fucking thing. don't speak for me.

>
But that's the point, everyone that's not retarded realises that they didn't implement woman as a doctor to try something new but to spread their sjw propaganda.

The doctor never had a dick to begin with.

And the pyromaniacs love it but the sane want to stop it

A chick body with male thoughts is the definition of tranny - doctor is a tranny with a billion years of man memories of touching his dick and whacking off in his head

I love this actually. No matter how they play it, or what they do, what direction they take the doctor being female, they are going to piss off and trigger tons of overly sensitive pricks who take things on a TV show way too seriously. The doctor cannot be a women people, the actress should be trans people, the "fuck them for making a period joke" people. The internet rage will be very entertaining.

Zozzle zozzle zozzle zozzle zozzle etc.

not gonna watch doctor whore

Stop being such a fucking nigger. If they changed a female character like wonder Woman to wonder man then everyone would be losing their shit calling sexism.

Um... regeneration? New body, new personality? Ring a bell?

Are you being obtuse or just trolling? Given how you keep saying 'tranny', I'm guessing the latter.

I believe you're posting in a wrong thread, mental illness (trap) thread is in your other tab.

Nah that's just like when u look at something from far away it looks smaller.
However they made his dick drop off to turn him into a woman ergo doctor is a tranny

Fucking whine some more why don't you

>doctor whore
Because women are whores. Clever.

I can't help but wonder if this only to further some agenda about "inclusiveness" by retconning a character with distinctive characteristics and introducing new ones to cater to the idea of everyone getting a shot by actively destroying the other group. Only in this case it's convenient because they can just say he regenerated and people will buy into that cover.

What's up with white knight cucks in this thread?
How many fedoras do you own and how overweight are you actually?

Don't worry dude it won't be gay if you cum to the new doctor. That's what is really worrying u right??

Does Wonder Woman keep regenerating a new body and personality every few years? No? Well then.
> nigger
Ah, well that's a convincing argument there.

Fedoras? None (no Trillbies either).
Overweight? Nope, sorry.

I believe you have no idea what your talking about or have very poor reading comprehension.

Can't wait for the morbidly obese otherkin transexual doctor regeneration

They think if they defend a woman they will instantly like them

Nothing's worrying me. It seems like it's the huge numbers of people who are crying over the BBC casting a woman who are worrying.

EAT SHIT AND DIE YOU HORRIBLE CUNT!

Yup, sad.

This is an anonymous messageboard. If I was doing this to attract women to like me, I'd be doing it publicly.

Hey ladies...

it's only cos they should have cast a transexual for a transexual role

I think the most important thing we're all forgetting is that Dr. Who is a timeless piece of shit that finds itself cursed with immortality. Everytime it makes itself more unwatchable in an attempt to kill itself a bunch of nerdy Brit-aboos raise up and laud it's greatness, making even Undertale fans seem like decent folks. The series is a scarred, retarded thing at this point with a cult of mediocre people force feeding it income from commercials and Tardis bumper stickers. Maybe it's time it died.

Really fucking angry that the BBC didn't have the bravery to cast a transwoman into a transwoman role.

They continue to marginalise genuine minority voices while pandering to safe "minorities" like cishet white women (who are in fact the majority of Britain to begin with).

>force feeding it income from commercials

It's on the BBC you life long failure.

I have never in my life seen even one episode of Doctor Who. I've never even seen part of an episode.

Dubs don't lie!
If they are going to make the doctors dick fall off then at least cast a person who has been through the same experience!

1. The Doctor isn't trans, because it's a whole new body. Time Lords regenerate. When they're male, they're male, when they're female, they're female. Maybe there are some trans Time Lords, I guess not everyone is happy with the regeneration they get (but at least they know they'll get another shot later).

2. If they did cast a transwoman, would that trigger you?

>>cough
Star Trek Voyager
>>cough

This dude zozzlin' all the time, sheesh.