ITT: Albums that plebs listen to to pretend they are into a certain genre and the genre they're posing as liking

ITT: Albums that plebs listen to to pretend they are into a certain genre and the genre they're posing as liking.

pic related is the go-to pleb pick for pretending they like jazz

I don't hate on anyone who has listened to this album even if they are a pleb or a poser

who the fuck pretends to like jazz? this isn't the 40's mate, the general populace gives no fucks about jazz.

That shit is like 4 hours long. Most normies can't stomach anything longer than 1 hour 20 mins.
Kind Of Blue seems like a better answer. It's deep in context and quality but sounds like cafe music to normies.

you're a pleb for making this thread desu

>I love classical

>I LOVE Hip Hop.

>I love electronic music!

i don't think it is. maybe 1 or 2 people do but this not a large scaled thing

no, it really is. because he's played with Kendrick and FlyLo, you have all these dumb hip hop fans who like to think they like jazz.

do you have any idea how corny people are nowadays?

>I love opera!

Only insecure brainlets want to prove they're a "genuine jazz fan" or whatever.

Nobody else in the entire world gives a fuck, OP.

And also that guy plays a nice tenor sax.

wrong album

>I'm trve kvlt!

This one is true. Go see how many people on RYM are like
>how can you say it sucks just because you have listened to more jazz? Stop being such a pretentious dick.
>this might be my first jazz, but it's still great!
This one's kinda sticky. Sure you see a lot of people who never listened to classical get into this, but then you the people who are slightly familiar with western art music just call this shit because of muh repetitions.
Nah, this would be like Wu Tang Clan, Death Grips, or Drake. Most people either dislike hip hop because muh bitches n hoes, muh it's not like rock music, or muh it's not melodic enough.
Psh, nah. This is Aphex Twin/Kid A territory. Most people here can't into Kontakte.
I can take gander that most people that have listened to Private Parts have no clue that Ashley's most impressive works are his operas. This is more baby's first minimalism or avant garde or something.

Private Parts is opera, opera is just drama set to music. What other works are you talking about by him though?

Perfect Lives, Atalanta, Now Eleanor's Idea, etc. Apparently the one that was released last year posthumously, Quicksand's , very good as well, but I didn't get a chance to see it. You won't see anyone here or the guys that made Private Parts RYMcore talk about these though.

>I love blues rock!

people who shit on this album and say it's for posers are the biggest posers desu

real posers listen to Mingus and Coleman

>three hour long
>soloist repeats same exact cliches/bits over and over again
>arrangement also plays more simplistic hip hop inspired grooves which are also repetitive
Why? At least make the record much shorter if you aren't going to have that many ideas on it.

I've listened more jazz albums than you, I own a fairly huge vynil collection of classics and modern ones, went to a lot of live concerts back when I was living in NYC and I really like The Epic.

nice b8 m8

Hearing is not the same as listening.

sadly true

>i love prog rock

>I listen to death metal because I'm so br00tal!

Trout Mask Replica isn't even remotely the first thing that comes to mind when I think of blues rock.

Only in the context of classic prog rock really.

>I love harsh noise

baby's first avant-garde

No, it's what plebs pick when they're interested in jazz which lately has probably the lowest percentage of free previews for usually expensive albums. That makes it very hard to discover albums which applies to even hearing about them let alone just hearing them. If people can't hear them then they aren't going to talk about them.

> I love industrial!
> what's a throbbing gristle