Why is the media obsessed with Raheem Sterling?

Why is the media obsessed with Raheem Sterling?

Why is every little thing he does scrutinised?

Whether it's him apparently "angering his teammates" by driving a nice car to training (?????????) or being tight for shopping at Poundland despite being rich, or buying a piano and taking piano lessons like a spoiled rich brat, everything he does is criticised?

It's getting to the point where it's almost comical.

Why is he targeted so heavily? Is it because of his move from Liverpool? Because that was completely justified, he was a talented young player who was playing for an average team with an average manager who kept playing him in weird positions (he played number 9, central midfield, and even defensive midfield positions in his last season at Liverpool) and got the opportunity to move to a better team with a better chance of winning trophies and play regular first team football with them. It was a complete no-brainer, he did nothing wrong.

Does race have anything to do with it?

What is this phenomenon?

Other urls found in this thread:

fourfourtwo.com/features/spoiled-sterling-seen-drinking-bottled-water-may-have-spotify-premium
wakelet.com/wake/7c8e47a8-d69e-4eb1-9681-9731a457de1a
dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3331662/Raheem-Sterling-spent-10-000-180-000-week-wage-new-piano-Manchester-City-star-taking-lessons.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Niggers and pakis provide revenue for clubs. Its like a way of getting welfare back to o people.

See pogba for reference.

because he's a £50m bag of shite

His price had nothing to do with him though, that's how much Liverpool wanted for him and City had the money. Hardly his fault.

Either way why does that give the media permission to constantly attack the kid for stupid shit that literally doesn't matter at all.

Do you really think his equally rich teammates who drive to training in expensive sports cars really cared when he turned up in an equally expensive sports car?

personally i don't care what he does off the pitch but this is what happens when you don't to anything on the field.
nobody knows what kind of car suarez drives because his goal rate is insane. people talk about his game because there's something to actually talk about.
sterling is so overrated he's lucky to even be in the papers for anything because he's shit on the pitch.

he is english, just look at stones and the excuses they come up for him.

Because he's one of the few "talented" "english" players

He's a young black man who is intelligent and cultured. Of course the media hate him and the moronic white dregs of society in this country eat it up.

Didn't know he was relevant anymore desu

Because he is one of those ''''''''''talented''''''''' English players that they (media) hype up then fuck up and realize they arent world class. Same reason why Ferdinand is always saving face for fucking stones.

Because it sells and the subhumans who read your tabloids buy it.

Could be that Ferdinand knows more about defending and the position than you

he's the british equivalent to an Uncle Tom. The media wants him to be an uneducated nignog

Media is filled with Liverpool fans, leaving Liverpool the way he did made them angry so they try to shit on him every chance they get

>Jamaican immigrant to London

I don't think that was ever in doubt.

It's literally just that he's black

That's the undertone of all the sun stories. He got criticised for buying his mum a house ffs

This, they did the exact same with Depay here.

To be fair if you actually watch City very little is Stones' fault

He plays with Clichy, who can't defend, on one side of him and Otamendi who is always rushing out and sliding on the other.

Sure he's not been good but the defence as a whole is the issue.

This, he's singled out because he's the only black in the England team

>negro persecution complex

That extrapolation doesn't make any sense.

This.

I'm sure some cucks will say it has to do with race and then completely forget the media went on the same way with Wilshit and a host of other players.
Don't let facts get in the way of your hurt feelings though I guess.

It sells papers, that's why.

When a young English talent comes along it's always the same.

1. Hype him up beyond comprehension
2. Wait for the eventual high-profile switch to a bigger club for a huge fee.
3. Scrutinize every mistake made on the pitch and reference the € XX million switch at every opportunity.
4. Repeat step 3 until a new talent comes along then go back to 1.

Because he dared to disrespect Liverpool, the holiest of football clubs, the media darling, the amazing non-murdering fans and the #YNWA and for Manchester City, a plastic club, plastic fans in a big money move that we all pretend is in no way related to a clear improvement on a professional level, solely on a financial level.

There's definitely an element of that at play in some of the stories that some outlets have run.

Because he's an overhyped pacebabby who looks like a Jamaican housemaid

Why doesn't it?

Its because he is black

Whitey get horny talking about black people all the time.

Although I do think he's a talented player who's given more stick than he deserves for his performances, I agree that he's a shaky player who can have some pretty bad performances.

But I can't think of a player that gets attacked as much as he does for the littlest of things.

If Raheem Sterling cheated on his girlfriend then got her name tattooed on him to "prove his love" the media would fucking destroy him, but because it was John Stones who did that no one batted an eyelid.

And John Stones is still criticised, but nowhere near as much as Sterling.

Neither was Depay. It was similar but nowhere near as intense.

Wilshere comes close but again, not as intense, and he usually gets criticised for doing genuinely stupid things whereas Sterling will get attacked for anything.

This desu. If Kompany were capable of staying healthy longer than 10 minutes Stones might actually develop playing next to a good CB

Its because he has black skin and dreads and rich that combination makes white people explode with anger

Barcelona has a rule that you drive the club car to practice. Ibra got sent packing for that (and pep refusing to play him)

>Neither was Depay. It was similar but nowhere near as intense.

maybe not there, but here in the Netherlands get fucking teared him apart for wearing a scarf and hat to a training once.

Because a large number of pundits are liverpool fans/players and they're unable to accept that their club is too shit to hang on to players.

Doesn't help that Sterling was overhyped as fuck when he was at liverpool too. ZOMG HE CAN RUN FAST, EVERYTHING ELSE IS SHIT BUT LOOK AT HIS RUNNING

fourfourtwo.com/features/spoiled-sterling-seen-drinking-bottled-water-may-have-spotify-premium

kek

When city needs IMMEDIATE CHANGE, Stones is as much of a liability as their keeper (who they Literally shit on always). Literally no reason to play him. Specially if he can't communicate well with his team mates and can't pass effectively like pep wants him to.

He's fucking terrible, nothing but a pacebabby. His decision making is on par with the people for Trump.

Rooney has copped flack from the press for the last 10 years yet you're not crying about that.

This niglet will be playing for a relegation team in a few years and deservedly so.

tbf Rooney gets shit because he's a fat drunk

>par with the people for Trump

What the fuck did you just say....you stupid fucking liberal cancer cuck! Liberal cuck xD

He "betrayed" Liverpool, so the Liverpool-biased media treat him like shit

You did it man! How will those right wing, chistfags and Nazis ever recover!

He was buddies with Suarez

He should leave the PL, it's cancerous as fuck there's no difference between burgers and bongs you're all sensationalists

He moved from a bigger club to a smaller club for money. People are interested in stories of greed like this. A bit like Ashley Cole to Chelsea.

Who cares if City's a "smaller" club.

They were (and still are) a better team with more chances to win trophies. And Sterling plays regularly. Literally a no brainer of a transfer. He would've been stupid to reject it.

HATERS BTFO

ENGLISH MESSI STRIKES AGAIN

He's a tosser

With his michael jackson themed rooms and his history of having sexual assault hushed up by liverpool

The sooner the little tosser fucks off the better

If it's hushed up how do you know it happened?

Because i live in liverpool and know people who were involved in the case before the girl was paid off by liverpool

And i'm an everton fan before anyone accuses me of inventing shit cause i'm angry at him for leaving

because he has like 100 kids and is going to be directly influential on the next generation

>making up shit because you're mad at liverpool

>Why is the media obsessed with Raheem Sterling?
"Obsessed" is strong. But he is the most expensive English player. So people are interested in him.

>Why is every little thing he does scrutinised?
Again, this is not really true. But the media see they get a rise out of him, so they come back for more. That's how this works. And he doesn't help himself - telling everyone about his diamond studded sink, for example.

>everything he does is criticised?
Not really

>Does race have anything to do with it?
No. The media loves everyone except for FUCKING WHITE MALES

>Is it because of his move from Liverpool?
The media loves to bait Liverpool fans much more than they love to bait Sterling.

>an average team
b8
>with an average manager
well, okay, but everyone knew Brenny was on his way out

>he did nothing wrong
Bullshit. His sneaky agent organised an interview with the BBC right before a crucial game with Arsenal in which Sterling basically said "I want to play for Arsenal". Unprofessional and disrespectful. This is the point at which Liverpool fans began to turn against him.

>What is this phenomenon?
It's not really a phenomenon. He is a very expensive English footballer who was disrespectful to the club that brought him up and occasionally still acts like a tit, begging for sympathy despite being so rich. People like hearing more about shit like this.

Fuck him.

great post my man. looking forward to many more like it

He's being sarcastic. England has like 5 black guys in their squad at any given moment.

This is the reason. The British media is still full of pro-Liverpool people (especially ex-players like Carragher), and Liverpool is arguably the most popular or 2nd-most popular club in the UK.

If Sterling had been playing for Everton and decided to leave for Man City nobody would have batted an eye.

>Wilshere comes close but again, not as intense

Hard to get criticized when you never actually play tbf

>He is a very expensive English footballer who was disrespectful to the club that brought him up

When did Sterling say anything disrespectful about QPR?

liverpool expect players to stick around because lfc won the league before the players were even born kek

He's been playing week in week out for the majority of this season.

He's not "begging for sympathy".

Players leave their clubs all the time, transfers are part of football, he didn't do anything wrong.

Do you expect him to be serious all the time? Is he not allowed to mess about and brag about his shiny sink in a silly video of him messing about and showing off his house to his mates? Do you expect him to not spend any of his money even though he's rich?

Did you expect him to go up to City and say "no, you're wrong, 50m is too much for a player of my little ability, you're gonna have to spend less money on me even though my club won't sell me for less than 50m".

At the time of Sterling's departure, Liverpool were bang average. Rodgers wasn't doing well, results weren't coming and results were poor. Leaving Liverpool was 100% the correct career choice.

There's a clear campaign against him for whatever reason and it's undeniable.

The way people seem to genuinely hate him is so strange. Even non Liverpool fans are booing him and calling him a snake for signing for a better team. It's very cringeworthy.

shit bathroom, but if i had the money, id probably be doing almost everything else one there 2bh

maybe scousers are just angry that raheem has windows

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3331662/Raheem-Sterling-spent-10-000-180-000-week-wage-new-piano-Manchester-City-star-taking-lessons.html

Fucking hell. Look at how the public feel about Sterling buying a piano and learning how to play it.

>Too much money, far too soon and Sky to blame for ratcheting up TV rights and then charging absurd fees to watch EPL on their boxes. Cheaper to go to a pub and but two pints! The sad thing about Sterling and the transfer saga proves this, is that unless he has good advisors, they will take their cut, bleed him dry and he then gets injured and wonders where his cash has gone. Look at Gazza; his advisors were paid handsomely, and he was not smart enough to see through the bull%hit!!!!
>Too much to soon and very overated, check out his performance against Spain and even France like I say very average.
>Typical over paid youngster, thinks he's made it and is a top player. No wonder we don't produce the players any more.
>He deserves what's wrote a but him. No only English players get stuff like this wrote about them because they don't carry on like sterling. Buys a piano after the hammering at the hands of Liverpool. Great.....
>Wont be bankrupt with this...
>>Doesn't he need to learn to read first!
>>Pathetic. Bet he can read his wage packet!
>why not just buy a second hand one until you can play....but then what to expect from a member of the hatchback leasing class who has hit the big time
>must have got bored colouring in with crayons
>I'm surprised his hobby is not just rolling around in money
>he couldn't run a bath. never mind paying the piano
>Sterling: I want to win trophies but I want my teammates to work for it.
>It's not about the money he said when he signed for that oil company.
>£10k for a Yamaha. He probably thought it was a motorbike. 4-1

Here's a (You)

>He's not "begging for sympathy".
Um, yes he is, #TheHatedOne

>he didn't do anything wrong
Like I said (and you ignored), the BBC interview ahead of the Arsenal game was pure sleaze. He has not acknowledged fault or apologised. He did *something* wrong.

>Do you expect him to be serious all the time?
No and I didn't say that.

>Is he not allowed to mess about and brag about his shiny sink in a silly video of him messing about and showing off his house to his mates?
He is allowed to, obviously. But looks like an idiot and will get bantered for it by people like me.

>Do you expect him to not spend any of his money even though he's rich?
No. But if you chat shit then generally you do get banged.

>Did you expect him to go up to City and say "no, you're wrong, 50m is too much for a player of my little ability, you're gonna have to spend less money on me even though my club won't sell me for less than 50m".
Another silly hypothetical that I neither said nor implied.

>Leaving Liverpool was 100% the correct career choice.
I don't even care about that. But the way he did it was distasteful and your whining doesn't change that.

Raheem Sterling is still a kid and kids do stupid things from time to time. The media glare then amplifies the reaction enormously and he deserves a measure of sympathy for having to grow up in the public eye. But if he's going around considering his actions completely above reasonable reproach and telling people "fuck off, look at the cars I own. I don't need to listen to you", then he's simply refusing to learn his lesson - and sympathy evaporates.

I know this is Sup Forums and I'll get crucified by the alt-right but it is partly to do with the fact he's black. Working class little England are jealous of his success and specifically annoyed that this black immigrant gets to enjoy all these luxuries at such a young age.

It's because he's a fucking nignog. Nothing wrong with that

>Doesn't he need to learn to read first!

lmao

can someone actually post evidence

>be sterling
>50 mil
>next big thing
>brazilian kid named Jesus arrive
>on the bench forever

And we only sold the son of god for 32mil, we request more money fucking sandniggers.

pure jealousy

>- telling everyone about his diamond studded sink, for example.
That was his mum's sink la

He was happy because he'd got his mum a nice home

They play different positions

Sane's the more direct competition if Sterling can't learn to play on the left

>Here's a (You)

Liverpool aren't the club that "brought him up". He's a London kid who grew up playing for QPR, and got tempted by massive wages to go to Liverpool. Then he did the same thing to Liverpool when he went to Man City a couple years later. Liverpool are nothing special.

Here, some autist saved most of the articles about him and his money

I think it's mostly because Sterling left Liverpool, the most Special (TM) and Historical (TM) club in England. Dele Alli bought his friends a huge mansion after signing his new Spurs contract, and he didn't get anywhere near as much shit for it despite being an African immigrant.