5. bleed

>BEATEN
>TO THE UN
>FOR
>GIVING
>GUHROUND

That album was such a mixed bag. A lot of the effects was just annoying as fuck

Fucking manchildren

You're on Sup Forums bud. You probably also get upset when people say nigger here too

Sol Niger's a beautiful piece. Meshuggah's been the only band that stuck with me for so long. Catch 33's my favourite album, Koloss least favourite, top 5 songs: Catch 33 (Technically), I, Pineal Gland Optics, The Mouth Licking What You've Bled, Nebulous.

>Give best album
Nothing, but the I EP is the best thing they ever did
>Give worst album
Contradictions Collapse
>Top 5 songs
Straws Pulled at Random
Closed Eye Visuals
Spasm
New Millennium Cyanide Christ
Soul Burn

Future Breed Machine stands alongside Flying Microtonal Banana as one of the only rock albums worth listening to in the past 30 years

The vocals on Sol Niger is just too scratchy for my taste. If they had it be clear it would be perfect

Bleed is easily their worst work. Too repetitive compared to the rest of obZen.

You gotta have an open mind, babe.

Out of all the good songs on Obzen I don't understand why bleed got the most hype

It's funny how most of the Meshuggah fans that came from Bleed are the most annoying.

>Soul Burn

That's definitely a very underrated song

Do you mean Chaosphere?

Do you mean both?

I fucking hated Bleed when I first heard it and still do. Its a garbage song but the rest of the album makes up for it.

Future Breed Machine stands alongside Flying Microtonal Banana as one of the only rock albums worth listening to in the past 30 years
Because it's fast. Normies don't want to sit though a 27 bar chromatic riff written by a random number generator, they want LIGHTNING FAST double bass

>best
Chaosphere
>worst
Contradictions Collapse
>5
New Millennium Cyanide Christ
Marrow
Neurotica
Bleed
Break Those Bones

>Bleed in top 5

>best
nothing or catch 33
>worst
maybe koloss? idk
>top 5 songs
in death - is death
stengah
dancers to a discordant system
elastic
clockworks

>Give best album
Nothing
>Give worst album
Their first album
>Top 5 songs
Obzen
Cyanide Christ
Stengah
Clockworks
Demiurge

As a drummer, it's not just about the speed. The evolution of the bass rhythm is fucking impressive (at that speed)

>Break Those Bones
Worst song title though

>Vocal production

Wreck dem legz

>Koloss

The guitar tone in that album sounded sterile as shit. I've heard better tone from a Line 6 Spider

>I can't handle anything avant-guarde

>avant-guarde

Monuments is avant-garde and the vocal production is clean. Being avant-garde isn't a proper excuse to sound like shit

>Monuments is avant-garde

kek, more like avant-metalcore

>all these plebs hating "Contradictions Collapse"

the fuck is this shit? Their first album is pretty much thrash metal. Totally removed from that no-nothing "Djent" shit a lot of kids love to wank over.

I rank Contradictions Collapse higher than Koloss desu

Because that album was just pure trash. Meshuggah was never good at pure thrash metal so they went off and did something new and original

It's the worst Meshuggah album exactly because it's the least Meshuggah Meshuggah album

The full name is "Break Those Bones Whose Sinews gave it Motion"

>nobody giving recognition to sings from the new album

oh boi. Monstrocity was a banger

meant for

>rank Contradictions Collapse higher than Koloss

why tho

So you mean its an awful Meshuggah album in terms of current Meshuggah, but its really good as a part of early 90s thrash?

OK, that makes sense.

Ehhh, their early thrash material was solid, but then they got bogged down by "Jumpdafuckup" shit merged with the carnival farts of that one Gorguts album with Yoga Santa Claus on the album.

New challenge
>Rate albums by worst cover art

>The full name is "Break Those Bones Whose Sinews gave it Motion"
That's why I said it's their worst song title. If it was just 'Break Those Bones' I wouldn't mind.

yeah that's probably why it's my least favorite

Why do most of the solos in their songs sound like shit though

We have to get them nominated for a Grammy for packaging. We still have time. They released this album one week after the deadline. Coincidence?

>Best:
If "I" doesn't count, Catch 33
>Worst:
I hated their new album, "The Violent Sleep of Reason". It bangs like a motherfucker in concert, but the studio version is so so bad.

>Top 5 songs:
1. I
2. Spasm
3. Corridor of Chameleons
4. Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave Them Motion
5. Choirs of Devastation

Grammy bump

>tfw Violet Sleep blew its load with Clockworks and none of the following songs measure up to it
It's honestly one of the most perfect tracks they've done. Wish the rest had been as good.

>Best Album
Catch 33
>Worst album
Koloss (still amazing by general standards, just least amazing Meshuggah album)
>Top 5
1.Dancers to a discordant system
2. Shed-Personae non gratae-dehumanization
3. Sublevels
4. Closed eye visuals
5. New millenium cyanide Christ

But honestly, I can listen to whichever album (including the first, excluding the latest two ones) and love every second of it.

Soul burn would be a 6th for me. Indeed, very underated, along with sublevels.

Contradictions Collapse is the best never-released Metallica album. It's among the best thrash albums ever.

it would be the other way around

The full title, paradoxical as it is, is akin to the lyrics "the struggle to free myself from restraints/becomes my very shackles". You can't not love it.