Seriously, what the fuck is up with the rock underground scene? Is this it...

Seriously, what the fuck is up with the rock underground scene? Is this it? Hipster libcucks who are too afraid to go against the grain and push not only musically, but break political boundaries of the modern day? If all we're gonna see is this shit continue, I rather see rock die than hear more faggot ass virtue signal hipster numale bands.

This is seriously getting fucking disheartening...

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt0236216/
youtu.be/neUrR4txw6k
youtu.be/tr604mjL2G8
youtube.com/watch?v=IzkHnNA2Cgw
youtu.be/kiOl2iV1MU8
youtu.be/-nds8KOUTy4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The internet has killed music scenes for the most part. Also less musicians are making music with instruments. They are making music with their laptops. Hopefully with the closing of soundcloud, kids will realize that there are better alternatives to soundcloud garbage

i'm assuming your baiting, but yeah the indie scene has been worthless for a while. people keep expecting hip hop to push boundaries, but that's not gonna happen in the foreseeable future. electronic could if most of the fans weren't either poptimists listening to shitty dance or ambientfags. i would love someone to expand more on what loveless did a quarter of a century ago by combining that level of experimentation and unique production with sharp song writing.

a lot of the 'indie' scene was co-opted.

Whatever it is, I hope a better alternative to indie rock pops up. Or hell, even some sort of revival whose bands have enough balls to rebel against the cultural norm of today.

kids have to get off the internet and start prioritizing physical media. also return to strict diy ethos. until then, it will not be a potent culture.

What does that mean? Isn't social media giving these guys enough opportunities to get attention? Also, I'm talking about a more right-sided band who aren't afraid to break the mold pc cultures has infected the media today, similar to the punk/grunge scenes.

the tech companies are pc culture user

>Also, I'm talking about a more right-sided band who aren't afraid to break the mold pc cultures has infected the media today, similar to the punk/grunge scenes.
Oh, how I wish I could be this blissfully ignorant again. If you really want to know what punk was, watch this:
imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt0236216/

Why does it have to be right wing? Why not just a band that aren't extreme left? Not everything has to reinforce your political opinion

The Sex Pistols were a boy band

Can't view at this time. Can you give me a quick rundown?

Well, any band that aren't afraid to speak their mind and go against political correctness.

"hipster libcucks" have dominated underground rock for about 40 years you fucking embryo, and you enjoyed it

They don't have to be right-wing, but I feel the only ones that have the balls to go against shit like political correctness shit are conservatives.

Watch it. It's very well worth it. And the "harsh" truth is here:

>the silent majority
>the only ones that have the balls to go against shit like pc

How exactly do you make music that's not politically correct without it being fucking retarded?

In some ways yes, but im asking if there will ever be a counter culture rock bands that will emerge from the insane pc culture of today. Imo rock is at its best when its dangerous, and against the grain.

>2017
>Unaware of Tennyson

These two have been pushing the boundaries of electronic music, imo. Combines smart, often jazzy song structures and melodies with seriously thorough production. Great musicians and producers.

youtu.be/neUrR4txw6k
youtu.be/tr604mjL2G8

Hip Hop died in the US even in the underground but it lives in the UK
youtube.com/watch?v=IzkHnNA2Cgw

>rock

Rock is dead boy, hip-hop is the future of music.

You know nothing if you think the Sex Pistols were good or worth a damn at all. They were literally put together by a fashion designer to sell his line of clothes.

So? Does that inherently preclude you from being 'good'?

It precludes you from being a good punk band. They were formed the exact way a boyband was formed. And honestly the songs aren't that great. There's way better shit that came out before Never mind the Bollocks

>It precludes you from being a good punk band.
Why? He was an artist who owned a small business. Andy Warhol def had a hand in the VU & Nico. Are they inherently tainted?

Be real, this misguided witch hunt is really dork prudishness towards fashion.

No it's not. There are tons of punk bands that didn't have the support of a clothing line behind them that made better records. The big issue is the Sex Pistols records aren't that good. Also you're retarded if you think "punk fashion" is cool. Mohawks are for turds.

Post your favorite pistols songs and i'll post a better song. My issue with the fashion is punk isn't about fashion it's about making good records.

>Mohawks are for turds
He's right, you know.

>clothing line
It was a boutique. Legitimately an independent business. It wasn't fucking LVMH.

And this fraud conspiracy in part yielded Metal Box?

Why am I supposed to be outraged again?

I'm sorry you feel the need to defend pseudo daddy's money the band. He raked in tons of cash with the shop once the sex pistols got notorious. He controlled every aspect of the band. You literally have no idea what you're talking about. The documentary you linked is totally one sided. Go listen to some actual punk records. I'd recommed Toxin III - I Rock I Ran

He fabricated and controlled Johnny Rotten who then what... left and still made shit like Metal Box and Flowers of Romance? This is your theory?

Could it maybe just be true that he was a smart guy with an eye for talent?

SSt Records started as Solid State Tuners. Was GG just promoting his brand and the whole thing inherently 'bad'?

If want to push the boundaries, then look no further than gg allin. Even though hes been dead since the 90s, he hasnt gotten the recognition he deserves. Yes, the sex pistols were great and very controversial, they pushed the envelope in the british punk rock scene of the 70s, but what most people dont know is that they were pretty much a boy band put together by a manager that used their edgy controversial nature to make the band and himself super rich and famous(sid viscious couldnt play bass, he was so bad they would unplug his amp mid show). They didnt care about politics or other issues like other bands such as the clash(when the clash was still a punk band), it was all about following the trend and acting stupid doing drugs and kinky sex to appeal to most punks in the scene. Gg allin on the other hand isnt corporate by any means, and like the sex pistols, he did drugs and kinky sex and didnt care for world issues. But he did all that and then some, from playing shows butt naked ,shitting on stage, pissing on his audience, fighting his audience, shoving bananas up his ass, i could on and on. My point is, rock music today doesnt have anywhere to go because everything has already been done, if you listen to your local rock station most of the bands they play have been famous since the 90s or the 2000s. Theres not alot of new shit. And most of the indie hipster stuff is ok but its not great. Rock needs to be controversial again. If you study the history of rock music, every decade was controversial in its own way. Corporate or not, we need another sex pistols, we need another gg allin, something to get people to say "holy shit" and start talking about rock music again, cause right now these indie bands only care about being different and expirimental, like people give a fuck. Good and different music is fine but image plays a bigger role than youd think. Rock doesnt need to be mainstream, it needs to be interesting and threatening.
youtu.be/kiOl2iV1MU8

this just sounds like 80's hip hop bruv, look up the The Arsonists

meant 90's

>Hipster libcucks
>using this phrase unironically

kek

sounds likee any generic shit you hear on those 24/7 chill feeds on youtube

lol I bet you like the clash you stupid fuck.

But that's exactly what I was implying.

Can't handle the truth, aye buddy?
youtu.be/-nds8KOUTy4

I hate all of those bands. Pistols, Clash, Kennedys are all fucking garbage

>cause right now these indie bands only care about being different and expirimental, like people give a fuck. Good and different music is fine but image plays a bigger role than youd think.
>Rock doesnt need to be mainstream, it needs to be interesting and threatening.
You just contradicted yourself. On one side you're condemning experimentation and on the other you're condemning mainstream appeal, which implies experimentation to a degree. And I'm sure everyone is going to take rock music seriously with your proposed goal of image above everything else.