Classical music is the only decent and patrician genre

Why should I listen to anything besides classical music?

>muh rock

If you think about it, you'll see that rock is not a serious art. It's basically a "duuudee weed, dude cocaine, dude sex lmao". That shit is for degenerate normies.

It's time to grow up, Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=salrwSVWpC4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5uEbVFAhqxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Classical is also "duuudee weed, dude cocaine, dude sex lmao", it's just left in the margins of the sheet notes.

Jazz

jazz is better

stay pleb

oh my god get laid you faggot

>rock is not a serious art

I agree.

Btw, The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.

>"dude sex lmao"
>posts Liszt like a counterexample

bump

Liszt was all about dude sex lmao and probably dude opium and brandy lmao as well.

The only other thing you should listed to apart from Classical is traditional music.

As long as you avoid popular music, you're good.

Did Liszt have the best hair of any composer ever?

>mfw finally getting into classical after spending the last few years in jazz and more harsh forms like noise
>mfw I still listen to all this shit because i don't have shit taste

A true patrician listens to a wide range of genres. A good rock song can be just as moving as a good classical piece.

youre on normie tier of classical also jazz

well, if you don't want to listen to rock, that's fine, i'm not trying to social engineer you into it like what you're doing right now

>not listening to Bach
Terrible taste my good sir
youtube.com/watch?v=5uEbVFAhqxk

>acting superior
>posts a best of compilation of Lizst

>bach
>relaxation
one of the least relaxing composers imaginable.
also shit thread OP, terrible bait, saged

This. Also

>no Les Preludes or Mephisto Waltz

Throw it in the fucking garbage

True, rock it's not art. Tho Avant garde rock is art as well as Progressive rock and fusion.

Scaruffi the God

op's point was probably that even if liszt isnt a first rate composer, he's still far above the "best" nonclassic bands

>i swallowed the redpill you guys and now i listen to liszt