Other urls found in this thread:

read.egscans.com/Guarding/Chapter_001
bbc.com/news/world-europe-29929333
ac.qq.com/
u17.com/
english.cntv.cn/learnchinese/
youtube.com/watch?v=E7EAQ6JLj0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't understand why a westerner would learn mandarin, at least during this time period... I know it's one of the most spoken languages on the planet. But since China is commie, you will almost never speak to a native Mandarin speaker.

Japanese is just a more useful language since their such a strong ally of the West.
>inb4 weaboo

>inb4 weaboo
If you are not even a weaboo, there are as many opportunities to talk to a Japanese as to a Chinese since Japanese diaspora in the West is not that big and you will probably not travel to Japan for not being weeb

Sa-balu

I should have read the manga version of 三国志 when I was in mental asylum. My classmates back in middle school all read it. Now it's like I'm the only complete philistine among us when it comes to Chinese classic literature.

I know 三国 is pretty popular in Japan. But how about the manga you mentioned. Is it just that much popular in your middle school or all over Japan

I guess the phenomenon was specific to my middle school.

Well I don't even think that Chinese know it that well either though…
Thanks to 三国演义, people's view of 刘备 gang got a boost just because they're main character, 孙权 gang be like more stupid and 曹操 be like the dick in Sanguo. Some fake stuff is told to be true too.
I'm glad that you cared to know them, but just chill, knowing it bit by bit is more fun in my opinion.

保护地球

is there actually a mainland chinese in this thread?

i don't mean to reaffirm stereotypes but uhhhhhh

>But since China is commie, you will almost never speak to a native Mandarin speaker.

>implying that China is a closed country

NO
I'LL STAY IN JAPARI PARK FOREVER
FUCK HUMANS (other than kaban) LOVE FRIENDS

Yes, but lurking

The mogicians are taking over this thread.

I'm studying in the US, I still count as mainland Chinese, right?

no he want real ones we don't count

真的假的

*specific to my middle school among my generation
It must be much popular among older generations. I think that's why my mental asylum had it.

Hello my 那个s

Speaking of that term, why is it pronounced nig guh and not na guh by most native Chinese speakers? Is it just slurred speech?

Is it a good read? Is it like a Chinese version of The Accursed Kings? Or is just some official spending 50 pages talking about the percentage of farms in Cao Wei that met rice production quotas?

You clearly don't go to a reasonably good university. There are hundreds of Chinese students within a few miles radius. I live with a Chinese qt3.14

+1s

I don't understand your logic. There are far more Chinese living outside of China than Japanese. Also China will probably be the world's most important market in a decade. Japan has a stagnant economy and its people will become an endangered species.

Can chinabros recommend some good manhua?

manhua is next level chinaboo

Nigga I watch Chinese anime

chinese anime or """chinese cartoons"""

Chinese politicians are scary af.

Actual Chinese anime

Westerner who speaks Chinese here. I've had many opportunities to travel to China and speak Chinese with Chinese online. You're a fucking dumbass.

欢迎富二代朋友们

I personally enjoy this manhua with a cute ghost loli.
read.egscans.com/Guarding/Chapter_001

>打 = Hit
>电 = Electricity
>话 = Words
>打电话 = To make a phone call
hit electricity words

r8 my hanzi grid

how do you know so many words

How does one create this?

By learning pretty much every word I come across that isn't fairly obvious in meaning/reading.

And it's still not that much, I can't really read novels (although the problem is not hanzi)

kanjigrid addon for japanese and just sort by order found or something

Goddammit, I thought getting a job in China was easy.

is this real

I wouldn't be surprised.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-29929333

麻将 is also 打
but 话 is never words, it's conversation
to take up electric conversation

>电 = electricity
>脑 = brain
>电脑 = computer

electricity brain

春眠不覚暁
処処聞啼鳥
夜来風雨声
花落知多少
孟浩然 is fucking based guy

In my experience, only Beijingers pronounce it nay guh which is pretty similar to nig guh. While people from other places would read it nah guh when speaking mandarin

Do you Japanese guys learn a lot chinese poems in school

this one is kinda cute

Anyone have any tips on learning how to pronounce tones properly? It's really the only trouble I have with the language

When you get used to it it just seems natural…
I think a lot of western invention translated will be quite weird, except for 手机, which is hand machine.

Neh guh is like哪个
Nah guh is like那个
Those two is confusing in terms of both meaning and pronounciation so I don't really think anyone cares about how you read them though

大家好。我是法国人我学习中文但慢。我的女朋友很错, 他不帮助多
Now my question is, since I'm around A2 lvl in Chinese, which is, let's bet honest, good for nothing or pretty much useless.
What could I do to make this learning process more efficient and less boring ?
As of right now all I can do is learning by hearth again and again all the 汉子 and I'm starting to learn the patterns which makes further learning more interesting. But Gosh is it boring to read the same hundreds of flash cards every time.
Now the second part is making sentences and using all this stupid moonspeak I shoved in my head. I'm learning gramar thanks to the ressources that have been like here already., trying to make proper sentences. But it gets kinda boring, the process is slow and I'm still unable to have a semi decent conversation in Chinese, Feelsbad

>tl;dr How do I make learning Chinese entertaining and rewarding

>this flag

Please stop making us look retarded

How were the 1990's?

Go to Chinese social media, read books you read 10 years ago but in Chinese, read classics in Chinese, listen to their music, go visit Hangzhou.

But why did you decide to learn Chinese in the fiest place? Those are important tbqh

I guess when you will have made some progress in grammar, you can use characters in manhua as flashcard. I hope that it will make it more entertaining
ac.qq.com/
u17.com/

You seem to be a bit obsessed with Hangzhou, I have seen you mentioned it several times

bump

Post Chinese meme

here's a meme:

Taiwan

china

>go visit Hangzhou.

遵义 is better tbqh

hong kong

真的

8/10 better if add rear china
6/10 never said best meme so a passing grade
never see this before/10
Why does everyone use this though/10

Don't forget to wear green hat everyday, it's a Chinese symbol of perseverance and you'll be a good guy with great mind.

What is happening to that chinese girl

Are Chinese ever building nicer non planned neighborhoods? Think Japanese neighborhoods. All I see when looking at any city in the mainland are commieblock skyscrapers, old neighborhoods that probably have yet to be demolished or houses that are on a grid and literally exact copies of each other.
I want more Chinese cities to have neighborhoods like pic related but modern.

在美国的支那就这么多吗

I've been learning chinese on memerise for a week now and know about 92 words.

What things should I be doing to help? I'm thinking of buying some bilingual children's books.

I got into this thinking it was going to be hard, to almost impossible. But "Chinese is hard" seems to be a meme. The language has no plurals, no conjugations, no past tense and no grammar.

The writing system is retarded, but spoken language seems easy enough.

Same lel

my impression of the guy in this manga: ahh! I keep getting clockblocked by ghosts!

I'll be here brainstorming more impressions and memes.

大家好。我学中文学了五年,我的中文不错,今年暑假会上北师大留学。我怎么跟中国人成朋友?我大学有百分之十五的人口是中国人,可是我一个中国朋友都没有。

Stop making America look stupid please.

bumping

做个hellotalk账户贴一些动态(moments)就会交很多漂亮的女性朋友

Anyone ridden a chinese EV? Thoughts?

bump

tfw chinks are taking away ofo and mobikes in all the cities

Asian gods will bring the positive balance.

pic related

Are you the guy who got accosted when riding on ofo the other day?

yes its me. how can I help you

tho there is no conjugations, sentence-final particles can be the difficulties, just pay more attention to that.

hope you find these videos helpful
english.cntv.cn/learnchinese/

nothing really. just hope you enjoy the day here in china tho it seems that you have experienced a lot unpleasantness

are u in beijing?

yep

the only recebt news i can find is that they're now spreading to singapore

are you telling fake news?

What is Zhang Ziyi saying at 0:40

youtube.com/watch?v=E7EAQ6JLj0k

>I tell you, if I take you out, I will be more famous in Jianghu(underworld?mafia world?)

Somewan confirm

myth busted

Am I right to think that old Chinese poetry isn't just about the sounds,but the visuals too?
Sounds have to go together well,and the looks of the character have to match too,right?

it's not mandatory to match, but since in the ancient time a character's sound corresponds to its phonetic component better than it do now, you may find the ending rhymes of sentences in a poem have same radicals

what the fuck

怎样是大陆人/非大陆人的界限
例子:
没出生在大陆
没有大陆血统
没有大陆的户口
看起来不像中国人

感觉通俗语境中的大陆人应该是出生于中华人民共和国内地的汉族或被汉族同化的少数民族|д` )