I FOUND THE TEMPLATE I'M DOING IT RIGHT THIS TIME

sorry i was being such a mongoloid before and didn't post the template. here's musical interests by age vol. 2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FoQauYMEVNs
youtube.com/watch?v=P8mNYVPoEa4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

guess i'll start then

Same

10, didn't listen to music.

13, skrillex, lady gaga, black eyed peas.

16, passion pit, mgmt, franz ferdinand, vampire weekend, foster the people,daft punk

current age 19, Run the Jewel, Kanye West, Devo, MF DOOM, Ween, Sup Forumscore

Sorry about the art, I got progressively more drunk as I drew it.

And Possum Dixon at 16. They opened for the Dead Milkmen that year.

Are we all just posting pics or are people looking to give/get recs/assesments/assumptions?

You seem pretty plain.

What's your favorite Celine Dion song?

>did black metal stuff for a little while
Like play in a band? Or burning a church and shooting up McDonalds?

Have you listened to much metal? Your taste suggests that you're right on the edge of diving in but haven't done so for whatever reason.

Is the purple thing a hat?

Did you get to many shows in that era?

What age are you now? Your taste hasn't changed much from when you were 20, but your 18 y/o taste makes it seem like you're now 23/24.

Nah, I dyed my hair a while back. It was really long and all purple. After a while, my roots came in and I got an undercut.

Pic related, its me.

Yeah and I actually just realized I forgot Dead Milkmen - Soul Rotation when I was 15

I played in a band, did some session work, and had a couple solo projects. Wrote stuff for limited circulation printed zines.

Was going to burn a church and then i realised that would be really try-hard and wasn't in line with my core philosophies, would have just been an attempt at being edgy without any other "deeper" statement.

The American black metal scene is pretty toxic though, I try to stay away from it these days. The european scene is much better from what I can tell. Less hedonistic. I might be completely wrong.

22 rn, will be 23 at the end of the year though so your math aint too bad.

Pretty good taste, tbqh.

Have you looked into Brendan Perry's solo work?

Oh, well it looks a lot better in your picture than the drawing.

You need a chin btw. You've got a transexual thing going on at the moment. No offense; would still fuck while listening to Yeezus.

>Yeah
Any standouts? It's quite rare to get a feel for how bands were live back then.

>The American black metal scene is pretty toxic though
Care to elaborate? I'm imaging it now as like a themed collection of outcasts doing the usual hanging out under a bridge thing while caring more about cosplayed drug use than the music.

You have a lot of albums from 11/12 in your 18 /yo list so I figured you must be thereabouts.

Well for starters I actually didn't get to see that Dead Milkmen show. I bought advance tickets but I was too young so they wouldn't let me in. I had to wait another 20 years to finally see them. My friends told me how great the opening band was.

Offhand seeing Fugazi a few months before Kill Taker came out was basically just like a huge party because so many of our friends went and Fugazi was pretty much at their peak.

Ween for Chocolate and Cheese was another like that. We got to meet Gene in the alley. They actually opened for Dead Milkmen on Soul Rotation as I recall with Shadow Men which was yet another Dead Milkmen show I was too young for. We all were though so I had company in my misery. We only had one one friend who was old enough and the rest of us were just beside ourselves with envy. Probably one of the greatest lineups of all time.

Oh I know, i'm not at all transitioning at this point. I'm still male presenting by all means.

Thanks, neon. No, but I know I should, got any recommendation for a starting point?
Yeah, those were a couple big years for me.

Well at the least you got to see Fugazi in '93. That sounds rad as hell.

I figured that was the case. If you ever do decide to transition, you'll probably make a very nice looking lady.

I'd hope so, thank you very much!

>Care to elaborate?
It has a tendency to attract addicts and other morally bankrupt individuals who oftentimes find a way to cement themselves at the center of their respective cliques. They have a tendency to use the black metal philosophy as an excuse for their questionable actions, like a crutch to justify their behavior, and then they attract others who hold the same values (or lack of values) and the cycle propagates.

But I mean, I don't know what I was expecting, black metal is a negative force at the core, so it only figures that would translate over to the subculture as well.

But yeah the main issue I have is the rampant drug use and the overall degeneracy going on, as well as the narcissistic personalities and clique behaviour. I can understand why people like Scott Connor are trying to distance themselves from the scene these days.

I liked Ark more than his debut personally, but a lot of my friends feel the exact opposite. All of his material is great though, pretty different from DCD.

youtube.com/watch?v=FoQauYMEVNs
youtube.com/watch?v=P8mNYVPoEa4

Yeah I saw them for Red Medicine too.

Starting at the very beginning I could have seen Metallica but I'd never been to a concert before and was scared. So I have just about as many big regrets as I have big shows.

That's actually quite interesting.

There's not much if any black metal scene where I'm from, so all of this is new to me. Are the majority of people involved with the music? If not how exactly does the black metal elements of the scene come across? Satanism/anti-westernism?

Sounds like you're much better off being out of it btw.

Mad jealous. Fugazi are great.

>I have just about as many big regrets as I have big shows.
We all do, unfortunately. I wish I stopped giving a fuck much, much earlier.

Those are both excellent tracks but I'mma have to check out Eye of the Hunter first. Thanks for the links.

water and a flame or my heart will go on
can't decide between those two

your current age picture looks like john galm

Most are involved with the music, whether that's playing in bands or booking shows or writing for zines, etc. I didn't know very many "fans" who didn't actively participate in some way or another.

Honestly I don't/didn't associate with very many people outside of the metal and/or extreme/dark music scene, and if I do they're only peripherally aware of black metal. A lot of people tend to associate it with satanism more than anything else, but in the current landscape that's more a metaphor than anything which is something a lot of outsiders can't seem to grasp given the imagery and aesthetic.

I feel better now that I'm (mostly) out of it, moved to a rural area in the past few months, but I've been involved with it for so long that I'm not sure where to go or what to do next. Hence my interest in production.

did you know I'm a massive faggot now?

Thanks for sharing. I've always liked black metal so it's nice to learn more about it. Good or bad.

Yeah and at least it's not like anyone asked me to go. My dad just said they were in town and I just said "oh" despite being a huge fan.

The first concert I asked to see was The Cure for Disintegration. I actually saw Love and Rockets a few months earlier but I'd never heard of them. Good show but especially cool for me in retrospect having become a Bauhaus fan.

bland le dad rock mode

>listens to Metallica while playing minecraft
>age 13
Hmmm

what's the problem friendo?

Seems like a lot happened between 16 and 22

Lawls I loved Alesana

lol

add jim orourke/gastr del sol
ily pop
>lift to experience
I've heard good things but i dont know if i can listen to an album with such bad art

My life is a fucking joke

On my phone, so:

Age 14: Green Day, whatever was on the radio played at a reasonable volume
Age 17: NMH, Dinosaur Jr, Sebadoh, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, X
Age 22: Braid, Minutemen, Drive like Jehu, Wu Tang,
Age 27: Have A Nice Life, Organised Konfusion, mewithoutyou, Magnetic Fields, Marvin Gaye, Van Morrison

You had better taste when you were 16 than you do now.

I still listen to most of the music from when I was 16, at least

Are you a female (male)?

bad taste dude, fleetwood mac is good though
good taste
nothing too special but still good
good taste
shit taste, freak
kill yourself tripfag
>black metal at age 10
lol
good taste
good taste for a redditor
meh
great
dont really have much to say other than you improved
great
murmuure is great
decent
best taste in the thread
good taste, good luck with your medical career
its decent

Cunt

i'm thinking about transitioning

10: Whatever parents listened to
RHCP, Van Halen, Gorillaz, Maroon 5, 90s Metallica
13: Poular Metal, Radio Rock
Korn, 80s Metallica, Slayer, SOAD, Ozzy, Pantera, RATM, Black Sabbath, Biffy Clyro, Paramore, Foo Fighters
16: Nwobhm, Punk, Death Metal, some Rock
Judas Priest, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, D.R.I, Fugazi, Ramones, Dead Kennedys, SLF, Adicts, Plasmatics, Cro-Mags, Nomeansno, Death, Obituary, Opeth, Clutch, Alice Cooper, Queen, Magnum
Current age (18): Goth, Black and Death Metal, Other Stuff
The Cure, Skinny Puppy, Skeletal Family, Bahaus, Alien Sex Fiend, Emperor, Burzum, Beherit, Bolt Thrower, Gorguts, Aeon, Morbid Angel, Possessed, Portal, Decrepit Birth, Leviathan, Frank Zappa, Jane's Addiction, Dismemberment Plan, Devo, David Bowie
I still listen to a lot of what I used to

Chose the plebbiest or most mainstream for each

Tough highschool years?

Could say the same for 20 and 26

Ew

Glad to see someone who's into I Hate Myself.

Saying, "I can't listen to an album with such bad art" is shallow as fuck and suggests you use music as accessory for your personal image rather than actually enjoying it. If you are an actual fan of music and want a glorious shoegaze/post-rock epic featuring dense Christian imagery then listen to it.
Sorry, user, I'm not feeling suicidal today.

RIP in millenial newfag

here & nah I was a complete normie throughout the entirety of highschool. Partied every weekend, got drunk, bunked class, had girls. You name it. Everything fell apart at college though.

So you were the normie type of dubstep fan, not the creepy and gross one. What happened at college

yeah, got into it from a friend who was the kinda weird creepy fan. with UKF and all that. Moment I hit 18 I was out at MoS and Fabric whenever I could.
In college my insecurities just caught up with me and I crashed out. Not much to say, was out of my element and something snapped.

I can't cope with overexposure to social activity. Too many parties and events really drain me out, maybe you experienced something similar.

I don't know if it's me but a lot of things you're supposed to do in your youth don't appeal to me that much. I'm just tired of getting drunk out of my mind on weekends and fucking around with my friends or with girls. It's boring.

I'm graduating highschool in a couple months and I don't really feel like going to college, I've been working as a graphic designer for 5 months now but I don't want to follow an "artistic" career because it doesn't pay too well and is more of a hobby for me.

btw, did Fabric ever reopen?

i dont think its that shallow desu
the art is meant to represent the music
but i was only half serious in saying it, and I'll probably check it out cuz it sounds really interesting

yeah fabrics back. think it's like 19+ on weekends now or something? i spoke with the manager of xoyo about the whole thing that went on with london clubs last year or whatever and he said the council really really pressured them to make anything aggressive at least 19+ and some things even higher. I remember the Andy C residency was 21+ and a bunch of younger college friends were mad about it.

But yeah I definitely did. From like 17-19 I was drunk like, 4 days a week. College days was more like every day. Just do you. I couldn't cope there in the end and I dropped out, I don't really regret it. I couldn't even learn anything because I was so wacked out I didn't remember shit.

>Possum Dixon
FUCKING BASED
why are they so underrated? Their s/t is an 8.5 at the least

I wouldn't ever study in an American school, wouldn't pay the insane tuition prices.

I don't really know what I would even want to study, and don't see why I couldn't pursue that or learn it by myself.

depends what the end result is
traditional jobs are gonna ask for a qualification to prove you can do it, and then ask for experience after that.
art-y jobs might just ask for a portfolio though.
i mean really it depends what you want to do.

That's the problem, haven't figure out what I want to do.

My taste is probably shit by Sup Forums standards. I sometimes listen to bands from my edgier years too, and there's a lot of shit not included, simply because sometimes I only liked an album or specific songs of some bands. Generally listened and still listen to various older metal/rock bands, classical, instrumental stuff, and other random shit.

It's like... you're stuck in 2005 or something...

I live in a Balkan shithole, I didn't have much opportunities to listen to the stuff kids in the west were listening to in the early 2000s until I became older and less poor.

you good. Check out Spinetta's other work, 18' del sol, durazno sangrando, el jardín de los presentes.
Also Electrodoméstico's Viva Chile

Better version

I got to figure that out too. Highschool didn't prep me for this life at all and I still can't work out what I want.

now thats what i call basic

decent taste, depending on the shoegaze you like
+can, amnesiac, miles davis
we have similar taste, we'd probably get along
ow the edge
best ITT
good taste
eh

You at 20 seems chill

>this is what the person who tells you to go back to pol looks like

>Check out Spinetta's other work
I have, I'm latino so it's basically a given.

School is torture for me, I'm so tired of it, total waste of valuable learning time.

>+can, amnesiac, miles davis
Well you went full on shugazi

Your taste is awful

Just make sure you get good grades, even if you hate it.

Ouch

Yeah that didn't happen. I had some beef with a crazy old principal which ended in a bunch of lawsuits and shit. I "won", but I've been in and out of schools ever since.

I was going to take this seriously then I realized life is meaningless and all efforts inevitably lead to the heat death of our species and planet when the sun implodes on itself under it's own weight.

off for a bowl, later faggots. And I say that with love.