Thoughts on this painting I did?

Thoughts on this painting I did?

Bumppppppp

Well it kind of looks better in the thumbnail, but that is probably because that is a very close up image and the perspective is supposed to be a bit from afar so you can see what it is supposed to be.

Thought 1 : It appears to be 5 trees in a wooded forest landscape

Thought 2 : There is no future in art because nobody gives a fuck about anything that requires actual talent.

Thought 3: 9/10 that crave attention from art are normally hipster faggots with wooden cell phone cases.

Thought 4: You're a faggot, have a nice day

Needs a girl in a white dress walking away to draw your eye to, put her right in the middle between the tree and that tall plant overlapping the plant

That would be a great painting.

also, after looking far a while I'm not sold on the foreground. Looks a bit sloppy/muddy, maybe try some detail or shorter strokes.

Haven't even looked. It's shit.

I might add a figure or 2 now that you mention it

>
I like it.

Becouse art is not 'nice painting' you piece of ignorant shit

Switch to abstract/minimalist painting. You don't need talent there

I DIG green vs purple. Love it!! Keep on keepin on.

Saved. Beautiful OP. Do you have an Instagram or any other place where you might have upload more of your paintings?

Sure. Check out @sam.sheers.art

I'm trying to build my foundations of form/color first before I get more abstract. The painting in my OP already has many abstracted elements

Dude, give up. The painting is horrible. You lack talent. Be wise.

Thanks for your feedback, man. I appreciate it :)

Looks like a shit attempt at a 3D picture

Take up something more productive, liek selling blow jobs

Andy VI would approve

fuck painting, it's so 20th century. Future is modern art yo, spill some period blood on a dragon dildo and voila! shit on a blank white paint and voila! make a statue of a monkey sucking his own cock and voila!

Art doesn't always go forward like science does, we are in very dark ages of art once more

Who?

fuck, sry bout the autism bro

LOGGIN IN FAGGOTS

I dont know why but it reminds ,e when i had to eat these

ugh

Is it the texture?

yeh is good

I like it

I've seen ppl post this meme before, but I still have no idea what it means

yes

Confirmed for hipster faggot "artist" who'll remain a nobody forever.
>inb4 "I wanna be like that ironically!"

OP here.
I don't necessarily agree with his statement, but it is his opinion. Painting and art can serve various different purposes.
It depends on the viewer's idea of what art should be.

Art is not supposed to be beautiful, you philistines

More detail, more darks in the darks and distance.

But you are the artist. You are supposed to tell US a painting.

what a shit thread. these faggots shat all over this.

what a shit thread.

it's not bad, impressionism but these blots look like they are trying to emulate van gogh too much without his specific charm. If you work on you impressionist art i bet it would look good soon, perhaps play with softer colours to be gin with.

as another user suggested, add some girl in white dress that draws the attention.
I think you have potential, continue on this path and exercise a lot, because that helps improving.
Almost forgot, work on the prospective. It is a bit "flat", especially on the top. The ground is ok though.

>to be gin with.
>be gin
Fuck art. Become a spirit instead

Looks good, fella.
Saved, and I'll be checking out your instagram.
Be sure to keep us up to date with more work.
I personally really enjoy the violet shading, it lends some nice charm to the piece. Honestly do feel like it has more depth as a thumbnail though. Not a bad thing either way thoufh.

You've no idea about art in general, be honest.

I'm surprised it has positive feedback. Feels like OP complimenting himself

I like it. Pay no attention to the retards infesting this board.

OP is a faggot, case dismissed!

oh wow didn't notice that, my unput still stands
i do art...it's my career...

Ditto

You're not an artist then, merely a craftsman

Andy Sixx's Logs Of Shit Slidding Down My Throat

trippy,, saved

why should i care what basement "artists" think about craftsmen who work while doing what we love?

it's quite nice, I like the colors

don't you listen to local idiots, they know about art even less than hipster faggots

You shan't. Ignorance is bliss

>Ignorance is bliss
>any other person who criticizes my art with valid points is an ignorant cuck lol!
are you this stupid? have fun not making money while doing the same thing i do

I'm going to be honest with you, because that's what i assume from my critics.
I think it's shit.

Nothing in the painting looks like what's it suppose to be. There is no clear color pattern. There's no detail and there's no story.
It's just a mess of colors that reassembles Van Gogh's art. Instead of becoming inspired by the artstyle you're just emulating it, and you're not doing a good job at it either. This is because you fail to create detail: if you look at Van Gogh's art just the right way you'll see all the details there. It's not just buncha splashes of color, instead they reassemble a near photographic image. The same can't be achieved with your painting because of the perspectives and the lack of visual ques that describe the setting.

Stop it, it's just ridiculous now

It's really nice, 5/5 would hang on wall

I like the color combos but the FOV is a bit off, and the left side hill is a bit distracting for some reason.

I really like the trees in the far off, that you cannot see unless you thumbnail the image. Really gives a feeling of perspective.

8.5/10

look, idk if OP is still in thread or not but if you are OP and think you'll get those suppostive "it aint bad kid, ya got potential!" kind of comments you get from your parents acting like a pretentious shit won't help. I'm trying to be nice and help people get into art but i should have figured you're just one of those edgy kids who can't even take criticism properly

fuck you and your toddler art

I also did not notice this until now, but the use of the brown to gold gradient on the trees to show angle of the sun and shadow, thats a nice touch.

9/10.

Just gotta work on your FOV and ground-plane a bit more man, and you could make some amazing works.

Try going outside and doing the classical "painting an outdoor setting" over and over, just doing ground planes and FOV from strange angles, you will develop :)

Only other critique is maybe add a bit more moss/ferns/grass... Again, something you pick up by going out and painting nature as it is :)

Good luck'

shitty (he.. he...) forced meme user, think nothing of it, it'll soon go away
maybe one day banana will too

OP, how long have you been painting?

i like it

It's nice. I can see that the sun is coming in from the left side of the painting. Also I can see your brush strokes. Which is called 'history'. It makes the painting more enjoyable. Ppl who can't paint can look at what you have done and imagine painting it themselves. Great work on ur palette too.

You mongs who are calling this toddler art don't fucking understand impressionism style art... Ya know, what most of the most highest selling works are...

Protip "The image is painted to be viewed from a distance to make sense... Up close it looks like shit. Try looking at the thumbnail vs the large"

don't know shit about painting but those colours have a great harmony.

Its comfy, i like it, but then again i have a soft spot for impressionism.

If i saw it for sale at a reasonable price, i might even purchase it to hang on my wall.

>comparing Monet and OP
Such a shame that thoughtcrime is not punishable by death

I really like it, I think you have some talent user, also reminds me of an arbutus tree which are amazing I didn't even know they existed until I saw one,got out of my car and just staring at it

If you want to buy, or if anyone else does, email me at [email protected]

I like thick globs of paint. Needs more globs

Bumppp

That has good movement to it, dunno if you did it but if so kudos.

/thread

As someone who knows nothing about art, I like it.

looks like someone painted it