Neat

Neat

I WANT TO BELIEVE

>heavily influenced by his daughter
>it will be a SJW cluster fuck.

>Mort and Death dueling with their swords, Mort becoming more and more like Death by the minute

At least that's how I remember it

WE NEED MORE MORT LICENSE PLATES IN THE GIFT SHOP

Pratchett put all that stuff in his books from the start you dumbfuck

fav Pratchett book. Hope they do it justice

He put the workings of a privileged white women from the 21st century into a book wrote in the 1980's?
No he wrote a book for children not to push political agendas.

Still waiting on the Guards! Guards! live action tv series. I'm curious as to why they have the name of the writer of those films there, Are they going to change MORT?

A screenplay needs to be written, genius.

Who would you cast for Vimes? I hope they avoid the obvious Philip Glenister and go for someone like David Morrissey.

>Not Wyrd Sisters or Guards! Guards!

Goddamnit.

in the book "The Art of Discworld" they suggest that Vimes is heavily inspired by Clint Eastwood - at least in design and, if I recall correctly, somewhat in character. So someone like Eastwood, but younger - David Tennant might be able to pull it off if they made him look a bit more grizzled.

Cool. Although that's one of the few Discworlds I haven't read yet, I think.

Who /Night watch/ here? It's easily the best book. Prove me wrong even though you know you can't.

Idris Elba

Hype!

I've heard of Terry Pratchett and Discworld, but as I am a busy man, Ive not had a chance to read any of his works. Where do I start?

Anywhere but the first two. Mort and Guards Guards are popular choices.

>Anywhere but the first two
Why?

If you're asking for his advice, why would you question it? Asking for advice implies that you trust them to give a meaningful answer. Wouldn't you just assume that they're bad and Pratchett hadn't found his voice yet?

thanks user. you are credit to team.
Which book has "Mouse Death"?

I'm pretty sure Death of Rats is in Mort. It's definitely in Soul music.

You've missed out. Start from the beginning, I think it's The 8th Color, then figure out what's the next book and keep going.

It's the Colour of magic and then the Light fantastic

>they're bad and Pratchett hadn't found his voice yet?
This is pretty much it. They do a good job explaining the Discworld universe but that's about it. They're clumsily written and just kind of generic, but you can see what he's going for. He somehow became an exceptionally better writer between his second and third book. I don't know what happened.

my nigga. first discworld book I read too

>Reading Night watch before reading the other City Watch books for that twist

Why are you trying to upset me, user?

its fuckin good
i liked /The Truth/ the most though

Who will play the patrician now that Alan Rickman is gone?

Wow, thanks. Ill have to look that up.

They may be disappointing compared to the others but they are worth reading to set up the universe

FUCK THERE WAS A FANTASY BOOK I READ AS A KID THAT I'VE FORGOTTEN ALOT ABOUT

I REMEMBER LIKING IT THOUGH. THE COVER HAD KINDA WACKY ART AND THE MAIN CHARACTER HAD A CHEST WITH LEGS THAT WOULD FOLLOW HIM AROUND. AND I SEEM TO REMEMBER A WIZARD THAT LIED ABOUT BEING A WIZARD IN IT AS WELL.

FUCK HELP WHAT IS IT IT'S DRIVING ME MAD

It's one of the Rincewind stories.

The first two are just straightforward parodies of popular fantasy of the era - from the third book onwards it's much more satirical and just plain fucking good.

FUCK no it's not I'm getting it confused with something else now. That was color of magic which I read about the same time.

FUCK me this is driving me insane. It was like three books in one as well. Cover had a kid with a horned helmet on or something.

FUCK it's driving me mad

Terry Rossio is a well-known writer, him being attached will add hype. Obvs.

I think I've remembered some of it now. It's like a kid, a troll/orc, wizard and other stuff teaming up to go on an adventure. Something about potholes, I really really remember something about potholes and using a pot in relation to a pothole.

It's driving me mad. Please help.

What the fuck even is this?

Is this going to be a movie or series?

I still love them most of all I think, because they were my first ones. Rincewind is one of my favourite literary characters.

When of the riddell ones? Edge chronicles or something?

HOLY FUCK YES THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH.

I remember preferring them to Terry Pratchett when I was a kid.

Oh hells yeah, love me some Mort

THE RETURN OF MORTPOSTING?

He's a great character. I keep hearing his voice now as Eric Idles after playing the games.

This topic has made me get out Guards! Guards! to read in bed and get max comfy.

Yea thanks, fairly sure it was this one based on the cover

>hasn't read Mort yet
>has read other Discworld books
What the hell? Mort is usually recommended as the first one people should read

>If you're asking for his advice
I'm not. I've read most of the books, I just haven't heard somebody advise against the first ones before. But even if I was the first user, asking for more information about why to skip books would be perfectly reasonable.

I dunno. I haven't read most of them in a long time so maybe I just don't remember what they're like, but I'm rereading Colour of Magic at the moment and it's a good book. At least not so bad that it should be avoided.

Glad to help. Haven't thought about them in years, I liked them though. I should read more.

I think I might have read it, actually. Honestly, I can't remember which ones I've read but it's most of them. Just to be sure I'm going through from the start and reading them all in publication order.