Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1785941860
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1785941879
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1785941887
twitter.com/4_Y_E/status/771809553503625216
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Voyage of the Damned: Doctor Who and the Big Fiery Pit of Death

Three Class tie-in novels have popped up on Amazon. Two have a cover, title and author. It's 'Joyride' by Guy Adams and 'What She Does Next Will Astound You' by James Goss.
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1785941860
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1785941879
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1785941887

I didn't really mean to do anything tonight but now I'm starting to think about a possible fanfic.

It'll probably just be 12 and Clara out of pure convenience. And because the horror theme might fit well in the past couple of seasons.

That logo is godawful.

At least it's not on an orange surfboard.

>it's actually gonna be called Class

Fuck I thought it was just a place holder. Real fucking creative.

I don't think I've ever been more nervous about an upcoming show. Everything about it sounds awful.

>I thought it was just a place holder.
Why would they announce a placeholder title, it's not a video game.

>Jenna Coleman's new show had better overnight ratings and an AI of 87, higher than any Doctor Who episode of the last series, including the Xmas special

Damn. Helps that ITV promoted the hell out of Victoria. Maybe BBC will get a clue and give Series 10 some proper promotion.

>Everything about it sounds awful.
What's inherently wrong with a story about teenagers presumably fighting aliens in a school?

Same problem as with Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

No Doctor. (Except those two times on SJA when the Doctor was actually there.)

>No Doctor
Both series were successful and got pretty good after the first season

But the best episodes of SJA aren't even the ones that involve the Doctor.

How much of SJA and Torchwood have you actually watched? Because it's a bit rich to dismiss their entire existence on the basis that they don't have the Doctor in them. What do you think a spinoff is for?

That's a problem quite a few shows seem to have. I mean, I like old episodes of The Simpsons but I have this nagging feel that they would be even better if they featured the Doctor, y'know?

It's a wrap

twitter.com/4_Y_E/status/771809553503625216

Gomez confirmed Missy's appearing in Series 10

nice try

seems like they're getting a bit ahead of themselves. shouldn't they wait to see how it's recieved before producing spinoff spinoff material? anyway, that photo of grimdark guntimes basically killed any hype or interest I had for class

Victoria starring the Adorable Pancake Lass is playing in the Indelible Thorax-Time in like twenty minutes or something maybe less who knows look I'm just saying

I just wanna watch, man

no bully pls

fixed new account thing
come back user

We won't bully if you sign up. Joooooooooin ussss.........

OKAY ITS ABOUT TO START

GET IN

Yes, get the fuck in for comfy times or else you fucking wanker.

If you could revive one Doctor to do an episode with Capaldi who would it be?

stop talking here and talk in the stream

i'm not even sure the BBC wants Class to be seen as just a Doctor Who spinoff. Seems to me like they are trying to create a completely new franchise here that happens to take place in the same universe.

>that photo of grimdark guntimes basically killed any hype or interest I had for class
Did you expect it to be light and chaste and back then?

Because it isn't, it's dark and sexy and right now.

>wanting the Doctor in literally everything

>even every vidya game
>every animu
>every cartoon
>every book

Are you really that autistically obsessed?

>Did you expect it to be light and chaste and back then?
I was kind of hoping it would be bright and fun, not teenagers holding guns and crying in shadows. I was thinking SJA but for an older audience, not Torchwood but for a younger(?) audience.

They could have tried a bit harder with the costumes.

It will probably still have comedy and fluff, but the trend in YA sci-fi isn't really breezy and goofy SJA-esque fun, more harrowing drama and slaughter. Makes me wonder if one of the main kids will die.

>more harrowing drama and slaughter
It's dull. When will writers realise that cynical TV isn't the only option and there's nothing wrong with a show that just makes you feel good and is fun and interesting to watch? Or at least not make it visually dark. Keep all the drama and whatever in, but give us something better to look at than just a dozen different shades of grey and dark blue.

>Are you really that autistically obsessed?
nah, I was just mocking that other guy

touché

So I remember some people talking about 9 and the comment about his ears, and then mentioning his longer hair in his unit ID.

What episode is this in? Also a photo would be helpful

Sounds interesting. Horror is nice.

I'm also writing a Ten with Shona fic.

2 things.

1. What convinced you this was a good idea.

2. How does 10 meet Shona and then not recognise her 2 regenerations later

1. I don't need a reason. This fic is a weird hodgepodge of events.

2. Do you remember every face you saw 10 years ago? Do you think you'd remember after 900 years or more?

I thought that was in Rose.

Yeah the ears bit is from Rose, I was just wondering when we saw the ID photo

The Seventh Doctor. I think Twelve might disapprove of 7's manipulativeness.

Historicals are always popular TV.

Very apt for this particular thread.

Premieres usually have medium/high ratings even if they look half interesting. I will admit it's an interesting show so far and Jenna is still a cute.

the second episode also had higher ratings than all of DW S9

Have you written for the anthology?

Get ready for a new series of Doctor Who with a female Doctor, set in Victorian England for every episode.

>Get ready for a new series of Doctor Who with a female Doctor, set in Victorian England for every episode.

She probably will be though. They set her and the Daleks up at the end of 'The Witch's Familiar'.

Have you written for the anthology?

I'm kinda liking the idea, in some weird way. Especially if each ep is 5 years apart, so you get to see the characters develop.

>thinking that was setup for anything

Like Moffat's not going to cram them all into his final story as showrunner.
It will most likely be massively underwhelming, but it will happen.

Should I? I was tinkering with the idea.

Gomez confirmed at the Orlando MegaCon that she'll be back as Missy in s10.

Yes, you should. What were you thining?

*thinking of writing?

Something funny. Probably with Eleven. The only thing really stopping me is that I like to ramble and set stuff up. Small scale stuff has never been my strong point.

I truly don't know if I'm glad to hear that or not

Then ramble as much as you like. Don't worry about length too much.

Eleven sounds great! Any particular companion you're thinking of?

Sweeeet

Hello everyone too, I've been away a few months, how are things?

Great. We're making a whole online fanfic anthology: doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._1 .

I actually could use your help for illustrations.

What stuff you need?

Haven't the foggiest.
I don't particularly like Amy or S7Clara that much in the first place. It's hard to tell which one I'd be less shit at writing for

I'm a Missy fan (maybe her only one?), so am glad.

Have you ever read the 11 Titan comics? Their companions are great: Alice, a middle-aged librarian, ARC, an alien creature that's extremely cute despite bing a blob, and John Jones, who's basically David Bowie.

Of course, you can have River Song, an original companion, or no companion. Or a companion from a different era.
Any fic in there that you want to make an illustration for would be nice.

Hey man, welcome back!

I'm a Missy fan as well.

I'm a huge fan of what she has the potential to be.

I'm the one who wrote "Missy the Meme Master" fic in the anthology.

Hello Cloister.

Hello there :) it's been a while

Did you get my message earlier?

Who's your favorite character, or type of thing, to draw?

Hello Immigrant! I can't wait to read the anthology. I'm so proud of /who/! Following through with this project and everything. Though I don't have anything to do with it, i want as many people as possible to enjoy it. I know I will.
There used to be an user that came around that manufactured his own pirated books. I wish they were still around to give binding tips for the anthology.
Good to see you! Hope you stick around for awhile. Some illustrations for the above anthology would be cool if you're looking for a project.

PENISES PENISES PENISES PENISES

This is an ebook, though. People can bind it if they want. Your haiku is in the anthology, btw. Do you mind if I credit you?

I did, just browsing the fics.

Partially true. Clara's face, and hips and legs, and many other things.

We do have some fics with Clara. Reminds me, I need to finish my 1st Dr/ Clara/ Arnold fic.

Did a bit of looking around, turns out it's from the card he's given in Aliens of London.

Right, I just thought it might be cool to bind it, user had done some beautiful work. I'd be happy to be credited, didn't think you were serious about including it. Just use my trip, please.

Of course I added it. I'm still waiting for the 7/Ace fic! (joking...kinda)

Also, I like the way you think when it comes to Clara.

For shit trips vol. 2 perhaps. Things are kinda hectic, and as it is I should be sleeping now like everyone else. I haven't forgotten about it though. I'm trying to form dialog while doing other tasks and it's kinda hard with distraction. I've more or less have what will happen start to finish. I think I need to watch a couple of eps, fenric for sure, as a refresher and I need to find my copy of timewyrm genesis for a technological reference.

So I finally got back into Big Finish. Listened to the first story from "Classic Doctors, New Monsters". Pretty good. Is Judoon in Chains any better, or is it saved solely by 6?

What was the deadline again?

The whole boxset is pretty good, best story is either 6 or 7

The 7th. Though I may extend it to the 15th.

Could you please. This 10 story is taking ages and isn't as memey as I wanted so I want to make a meme story too

Cool. I just ordered the Matt Smith years on Blu-Ray. I should be refreshed enough by then to write Eleven properly by then.
I used to be really good at it god dammit I don't know why it's so hard for me tonight

So I just read the wiki article on retro-regeneration. Why haven't they show done anything with this concept? It could work really well for Big Finish too

>Why haven't they show done anything with this concept?
isn't that basically Dimensions in Time?

They did didn't they? The Curator alluding it to it in DOTD

>Patrick Ness @Patrick_Ness 3h
>Wrapped 22 weeks of principal photography in Class yesterday. I'm basically going to cry and sleep for the next week.
>But now it won't be long until you see the first eps! There'll be announcements soon!
>Before even then, I can't say enough how proud I am of @katherine_kelly @vivianoparah @iFadyElsayed @Gregory_Austin & Sophie Hopkins
>And how proud I am of the show. I put my heart into it. Can't wait for you to see it.
>(Also, we watched a highlight reel at the wrap party. Holy. Shit.)

While there were no standout amazing stories in Doom Coalition 2, at least it's more consistent with it's tone than the Dark Eyes boxset.

Honestly, I'd have to say that Beachhead by Briggs was probably my favourite and I normally despair when I see a story by him.

No she didn't. People said that but never had any quotes or anything.

Not quite, that's a tad different

Retro regeneration is when they temporarily degenerate into a previous incarnation. The curator is him regenerating into someone with the same face

>entire series filmed
> no trailer
>1 photo