Quitting smoking

Quitting smoking

Give me your stories and advice. I've recently started on an e-cig with 03 ml/mg of nicotine and my first day of no tobacco is done.

Is there any withdrawal symptoms I should know about or anything else?

If you've quit I'd like to hear how and if you quit then started again I'd like to know what caused you to relapse.

Currently I feel like I'd much prefer to be smoking a fag when I use it and that I can't seem to get the idea of having a fag out my head. Also a load of random cravings like I want to try and eat a salad even thought I've always hated what's mostly in a salad. I also feel like angry but annoyed.

fag = Cig. I'm from the UK

Other urls found in this thread:

totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/arc-4-40w-e-cig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i started vaping after a pack and a half a day habbit, didnt have any withdrawls, and dont regret one second of it! clothes dont reek and all the different flavors taste great, try drmcvapes.com

>stop trying to be an edgy teenager

So there is a good chance my withdrawal symptoms are just all in my head? also yeah I'm looking at the site now and it seems alright.

Original

Good luck.
Quitting this shit is hard you can do it the hard part is the beginning

I smoked a pack a day for five years. I used the patch to quit. Had to do it twice, but I've been nicotine free since the late 90's.

Clean everything you own really, really well to get the smoke smell out. Avoid bars and other places that allow smoking. Know that you'll never be able to have 'just one puff'. Complete abstinence is the way to go. For many years after quitting I'd get cravings if I saw smoking in a movie, but that's faded with time.

You will fail. Give up.

You're probably not getting enough nicotine if you are feeling like that. Try upping the amount of nicotine.

I smoked 10-15 fags a day for about 10 years, got a vape and after a bit of hit and miss for the first few months I now haven't smoked for over two years.

However, I wouldn't recommend at all. I've just traded one vice for another and fuck knows the damage this shit is doing to me. I'd either go cold turkey or get a nicotine inhaler for free off the docs. Good luck man.

Yeah I've noticed that, I'm 23 and a student so I'm living with my mum. She smokes and when I can smell it from downstairs it really gets to me.

It's nice to know that patches do work and that those itching craving feelings go away with time. I know I'm going out drinking later in the month so got any tips for that?

The act is, slowly replace it with boxing and boot camp.

I'm slowly building my fitness up and lowering the nicotine so when the nicotine gets to 0 hopefully training will replace this.

>4 month quitter here

Everyone has their own way of quitting. Some people ween off of it with vape or other nicotine intake. If you try weening off of it and keep buying cigs then you should try going cold turkey.

I smoked a pack a day for 2 years (which isn't nearly as bad as some people) and I just got tired of my lungs feeling like they're burning and being winded after walking upstairs. I just decided I wasn't going to buy anymore. That's it. Though my record isn't as bad, It's really all in your head with cravings. Just distract yourself with something else if you get a craving (for me I played video games).

If you have friends that smoke, don't hang around them while they are smoking. That's what really made me relapse most of the time

I stayed away from bars for months after quitting. Try not to get too sloshed, as it reduces your inhibitions and will make it more likely you'll smoke. Good luck.

It's hard. I did it cold turkey, after they upped the price to over $5 a pack in this state. I had tried to quit about a dozen times. My sleep was fucked up. I drank more coffee and beer. Gained 25 lbs, and my belly was hanging out under all my shirts. Wish I had never started.

Yeah best mate smokes weed but girlfriend does intense boot camp and boxing training 3 times a week which is what my goal is. I heard having a clear goal really helps and also congratulations man keep up the good work! Hopefully we can make it to a year

Yeah, you'll cough A LOT, like you're losing a lung.
Also, smell and taste will be restored.
And sometime down the line you'll be able to breath better and do cardio.

I quit almost 2 years ago, still vaping today.
Didn't relapse but almost had a panic attack the other day when my battery ran out.
Spent half the day w/o a vape, zero urge to buy a pack because they smell like shit, came home pretty pissed.

Also, dude.
Watch a bunch of vape shit on youtube.
The variety is SOO wide, 100% sure there's a better device out there that'll fit you like a glove,
the right device+tank+juice makes life soo much more comfy.

>Friend smokes/See smoke on tv
>Rev up the ol' robo-cock
Feelsgoodman

I started off with a dosage of 18mg which in hindsight was far too much. It may have helped me get off the smokes quicker, but only recently have I got it down to 3mg.

That's not a bad shout. I've recently started going to the gym and would like to get into Muay Thai. After a session, when I'm fucking knackered, I instinctively have a few puffs off my vape and I don't enjoy it at all, it's just habit. So there's definitely something in that.

Yeah I've been doing my research and I've found a thicker liquid is better for me.

yeah at the moment I'm doing some womans fitness dvd and I can't even complete it yet so some progress to go.

It's great to hear that a lot of people have quit and successfully quit. I had a big worry that when I started to vape people would just assume I'm some fag.

Aren't you worried about what vaping could potentially be doing to you though? There's a myriad of conflicting information out there and I sometimes wonder if history is repeating itself in the sense of so much misinformation about cigarettes back in the day.

3ml is pretty low for starting out we're you not a heavy smoker?

I work in a UK Vape store, this is the advice i would give you if you came in as a customer.

On 3mg liquid you are likely doing Sub-Ohm. (Blowing big clouds). This would only be adequate to quit to someone who smokes maybe 5-10 a day at a push. However the flavour being much better from this style means that some people can use it to quit who smoked more by simply enjoying it more. It would require more willpower though.

Our stores work in increments of 5mg for "Standard" vaping, this is the style that is called "Mouth to lung" aka, smoking simulation. Our rough scale on standard liquids is:

5mg 5-10 a day.
10mg 10-15.
15mg 15-20.
20mg 20+

20mg is the highest concentration of nicotine by EU law, so you wont find liquid above that strength.

Most commonly the symptoms you will find will be coughing, vapor is much thicker than smoke from a fag which will make you cough a bit for the first week until you are used to it.
If you smoked a fair amount more than 5-10 a day and assuming you do have a sub device you can get 6mg sub liquid.

It is entirely possible your device isn't a sub one, which means you can use any liquid of a 50/50 mix or lower, these will come in the higher strengths. 3mg is just most common for sub liquid, hence why i have made the assumption.
Hope this helps.

Say actually, what's it called when it's a thicker liquid? Someone posted a link to a site and while checking it out it gave different blends but I'm not totally sure what MAX VG means.

Got off four year use, daily, of xanax. Fucking misery and potentially fatal. "People" say smoking is more difficult to quit than any drug. Eh. People are different. Yep. You'll feel like fucking shit physically/mentally for maybe a couple months. You won't die from withdrawal though. Use smoking sensation methods. Excersise, fap, whatever.

After week 3 you calm down user. Buy the gum. I went from a pack a day to only smoking at home after work. Then I broke the habit of needing a cig when I drink. After that it smooths out. I still dream about them, but God damn can i breathe and smell better. Good luck

How do you quit drinking?

Its called "Sub Liquid" or "High VG"

Vape liquid is made of two components. PG (propylene glycol) and VG (vegetable glycerin).

PG carries nicotine and is thin, VG carries flavour and is thick. Higher VG makes something sub liquid, thats why you get a big cloud and low nicotine.

Anything of a mix 60/40 VG/PG is sub liquid technically. However i would recommend 70/30+

80/20 If you like but you will burn coils much faster.

It's these little shits and hipster faggots that get into vaping without ever having smoked that give it that reputation unfortunately. It's a device used to replace cigarettes, yet these cunts use it thinking they look cool. I know it looks fucking stupid but it's better than the feeling of being a leper as a cigarette smoker. Also, back when I was a smoker going out with girls that didn't smoke was a fucking pain in the arse and closed off a big pool of women who wouldn't even think of going out with a dirty smoker.

>Is there any withdrawal symptoms I should know about or anything else?

Smoking gives you 3 things:

-nicotine
-habit/ritual
-naturally occurring MAOIs (essentially anti-depressants)

Vaping substitutes 2 of those things:

-nicotine
-habit/ritual

Depending on how long you've smoked, you're coming down from a heavy anti-depressant addiction and you'll feel it every step of the way. After 3 days it peaks and will last a week or two and then it slowly fades out but likely will never go away.

I use the arc 4 from totally wicked. I smoke around 20 roll ups per day, I enjoy the quick sharper tingle roll ups give over the thicker stronger taste from straights so I'm not sure what mg would be best but I reckon I could hack 3mg with support from gf.

Yeah I had a US mate who switched to xanax but that's more heroin than cigs.

I've heard the gum really gets that craving feeling gone.

Every store I've gone to so far say I seem to be sensitive to PG

That's fucking super helpful, I've been classed as severally depressed by my doctor for years now. I've been trying several tri-cycle anti depression medication with no luck.

Fitness seems to have really helped the depression so I'm kinda getting hooked on that.

totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/arc-4-40w-e-cig

For reference if anyone wants to see the e-cig I use.

I managed to quit Nicotine all together. I jumped on the vape train which got me to quit cigs then just dropped vaping. Never looked back, haven't had any form of Nicotine for about a year now.

i have smoked some fags back in the 90´ too .. but only like 5 or 6 ...
How did you manage to smoke that many fags without getting caught by the police?
Is that "vape" an attachment for your rifle, so that you could no longer hit the fags?

THX for your advice

Best way i quit... smoking,drinking coffee and eating any sweets (sugar in general). Brain cravings to sugar more than smoking.

That's great man. Nice to hear you can just stop vaping aswell.

For anyone reading as well my main worry is suffering from "anhedonia"

Also it's that taste I can't stand craving

Let's just say I'm above the police so getting caught was never an issue, I was under orders. Vape is not any kind of attachment to a rifle but a codename for the shift in mentality which went hand in hand with the gradual acceptance of fags.

Thanks dude. It was hard at first but I pressed on because I knew it was good for my health. That shouldn't worry you though, just find something else to please yourself.

I went to smoking to vaping, nothing else worked for me. Never went back to smoking and I started smoking at age 16, vaping was the only way to stop and the only time I went a day without a smoke. I am now stoping vaping, much easier than quitting smoking, also I feel like an idiot vaping so that is really motivating

That kit has a tank with a 1.5 coil installed. The coil is ideal for mouth to lung vaping.

It does say there is an optional 0.75 coil for that tank which will allow it to take sub-liquids. If you are sensitive to PG then its possible for you to go to a 6mg Sub liquid which will have less PG in it but more nicotine. Providing you are using the 0.75 coil. I wouldnt recommend anything above a 70/30 mix though as the coil is rather small and would most certainly die on you rapidly with an 80/20.
Saying that i have never had a customer "sensitive to PG" given that its in many products its rather rare. Even asthma inhalers use it as a primary ingredient.

Most customers of mine who quit vaping do so by moving to a 0mg liquid when they feel like they nolonger need it. IMO the hardest part to kick is the habit of using something. Go to 0mg to deal with that when you are ready and then pack in when you feel like you're not using it that much.

If you're happy with vaping and you want to upgrade in the future: Getting the hardware directly from China is WAY less expensive than domestically. Fasttech, Gearbest, 3FVape are the usual suspects here.

Also when you're a little more experienced, you might want to look into rebuildable atomizers and doing you're own liquid. Especially in the UK there are still sources for high concentrated nicotine base. Again, saving a lot of money and turning vaping into a hobby, that keeps you occupied.

Oh he's gonna need luck when that beer touches his lips I tell ya

Theres already a crackdown on getting Nicotine in liquid form for the UK, right now it seems like its possible to still get larger quantities but from what i hear from customers, its getting tougher and more expensive to get hold of nicotine.

Still, it works out much cheaper than buying liquid from stores as there are obvious costs to running a store and profit margins to maintain. I do still see customers who mix coming in for liquid when they have had their nicotine and concentrates stopped by customs though.

Go cold turkey.
takes about 72 hrs to lose the nicotine. Each time you get a craving remember how long you have left, then do something else immediately to take your mind off it.
Avoid other smokers (other temptations) for about two more weeks after that.
Congratulations you have quit.
Ex 40-a-day fag for about 10 years here. Never touched one again.
Just remember the cravings go away over a very small amount of time!!

Nah I do partake in other drugs like a bit of coke, I mean I am from the UK and in my 20s so coke is not a stranger to me.

I'm getting happier vaping and htat's some solid advice.

I think I just have the standard 1.5 so I'll try and stick to a brand called "Burst straw-burst"

This by any chance?

If so, its made by a company called "Arc" they have other good flavours too. Its a 70/30 mix. If you're putting that on a 1.5 coil expect a drop in coil life and possible spitting and leakage.

If you want to look at other Arc liquids, they have a ranged called "Vubble". Blue Raz is what im using right now in my tank. It tastes like those old blue Slush Puppies.

That's it and that's exactly what's happening! You know of any softer liquids?

>mfw never smoked
>mfw never vaped
It feels good to not pay tonnes of money to die of cancer.

You would have to go for a higher PG mix liquid. Totally Wicked should have their own range of standard liquids with higher PG as they are a rather large company, albeit not as large as our store.

You could try Vampire Vape, we stock them and they are UK made, our price is £3.99 a bottle for those so they are fairly cheap in most places and have some decent flavours. Even if you went for a 3mg from them, they are usually a 60/40 mix so should work in your tank a little better.

Failing that, swap your coil out for a 0.75 coil. Coil resistance is what determines your liquid. Sub-ohm liquid refers to a coil below 1ohm so a 0.75 coil is designed for it.
This.
I've had customers telling me that they worked out based on how much they smoke that they've dropped over £80k into smoking over their lifetime. Thats a house, a shitty one, but still a house.

So 60/40 for a softer sort of inhale and yeah I'll check out totally wicked. I like their site and their support.

>Aren't you worried
Naa definitely not.
If I wasn't vaping I'd still be smoking.

I'm almost certain, by feel alone that it's healthier than cigarettes.
In the very least it's giving me a healthier wallet.
I spend less than the price of a can of coke on vaping per week, since I mix my own liquid and build my own coils.

Not only has it gotten me off ciggerettes I haven't touched a single sweet or "candy" or whatever you wanna call it.
It hit's the spot real good, especially after a meal.

>PG carries nicotine
That's not true, you can get your nicotine in PG or VG
You just use PG to thin out a thick/strong juice.

Also, higher VG = bigger throat hit = harder to take huge hits = harder to make big clouds
I'm fucking thomas the tank engine on 30/70 VG/PG

>nicotine and concentrates stopped by customs
Damn boi

You'll find the 60/40 is better for that coil and should give you a softer/smoother vape purely because its designed to work in it.

Different tanks will give different results, what gives you a smoother vape wouldnt give me one. I have to use 70/30 or 80/2 for a smooth vape and have to run at 100-200 watts.

Try playing around with your wattage range and airflow for now. Usually a 1.5 coil is rated for around 10-20 watts. You may find a "Sweet spot" that will make it smooth enough for now.

>Higher VG = bigger throat hit
Not in my experience, have you tried putting high PG into a sub-tank? massive throat hit. And high VG in a standard tank makes it smoother.

Not just concentrates and nicotine too. I've spoken to some who have had tanks stopped, one tried to get a TFV12 from Smok sent over and it was stopped. Another tried to get a different tank and it was also stopped + the company wouldn't refund them.

Sorry to derail a bit but I've just even so rice crispies with sugar and fuck me that hit the sweet spot so well.

Bastard. Now i want some!

>I'd much prefer to be smoking a fag
>I can't seem to get the idea of having a fag out of my head