New NIN song dropped

>NIN drops songs
>Goes on Sup Forums
>No thread
youtube.com/watch?v=gDV-dOvqKzQ
So what do you guys think? I wasn't expecting this. Pretty hate machine+Year zero.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ySGtniX4QrU&
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*doesn't listen*
What the FUCK, Trent?

>*doesn't listen*
Why?

[SHUT UP]

In other news I'm waiting for the return of the mustache or goatee.

>week before NTAE, daily NIN
>week before new ep, 3 replies
What the fuck happened in less than one year? I left the board, it went so much to shit?

BUMP

wow it's SHIT

nice lyrics as usual, childish obnoxious singing
pure shit like with teeth

the video is total garbage

Yeah, I'm kind of dissapointed. NTAE was so fucking good. I was expecting something different, but fuck me I'm getting tired of this elettronic bullshit. Not even a "drugged trent was better" but when we will get something less artificial?

Like said on the other thread "If the lead off single was Dear World, would you be as enthused for NTAE during the two weeks before it was released."

The lead there was Burning Bright (Field on Fire) and it was a good song. Not as good as the rest of the ep, but good. This is trash.

That's the point. If Dear World was released in place of Burning Bright, would you think that was what NTAE was going to be?

Same goes for Less Than. It's a bit too quick to judge the ep on the merits of a standalone no context single.

youtube.com/watch?v=ySGtniX4QrU&

Are you less than?

Trent did admit this song does not even represent the song of the EP.

Trent decided to release it as a single due to how accesible it is. This is what Trent has always done. Just listen to Came Back Haunted and then rest of the Hesitation Marks.
Listen to The Hand That Feeds, it comes from an album which contains stuff like Beside You In Time.

Singles are always the worst parts of NIN albums. Burning Bright does not even count as a single seemingly so that one is discarded.

more like it became better

Disco bullshit beats with bullshit effortless Trent vocals.

>in 2017 the best thing Generation iPhone™ has to look forward to is new Nine Inch Nails

Hilarious. Millennials can't do anything right. Reznor hasn't been relevant in 20 years. This would be like Gen Xers eagerly anticipating new Pink Floyd in 2000.

Fucking idiots.

>Le wise old man who's probably younger than me
Trent is still relevant

NIN is relevant to more people than most of the FOTM shit that gets posted here

i'm probably far older than you -- both in actual age and oldfag time very winningly invested into my autism grind here.

ur a try hard cunt m8.

t. 20 year patrician chaser.

I remember being like you. Then I reached my late 20's and came crawling back to Reznor's work.

>t. viral marketers
kek

>being this bad at baiting
here's your (you)

except you pushed the years to make you feel less insecure about your age

> This would be like Gen Xers eagerly anticipating new Pink Floyd in 2000.

The Wall Tour in 2010s was one of the best sold tours, get fucked.

Ha ha haa! They need to sell some more NIN shirts at Hot Topic©!

Every mall ninja knows which rack they're on! Right next to the KoЯn and TOOL shirts!

>nostalgia tour
not him but your not doing nin any favors user

Man, Trent was so fucking cool on Twin Peaks.

This is anything but.

>t. viral marketers

More like Reznor shilling himself on Sup Forums again

Trent admits that when he tours he always plays Head like a hole and Close because people come to the concerts expecting those songs. basically has it right. Trent always thinks like a business man, maybe too much some times.

But I do agree it sounds like he is turning NIN into a institution where he's just churning out the same ol shit to keep bringing in fresh dollars for the existential angst crowd.

He could be brewing and experimenting in his older years but I guess its easier to keep rehashing.
At least he's not Ministry or Skinny Puppy levels yet.

I think Trent is justified, Not The Actual Events was really out there and it was not acessible to the public. The entire release.
Trent tries to balance the business and music, I think Trent always cared for music, but he does certain things for business, so he can get some exposure, which I think is okay, this single is a genuine good song imho.

The reason why Trent plays stuff like "Head Like A Hole" is because he is a crowd-pleaser, he once spoke about how he will do anything to make you happy on a tour.
While he plays stuff like Head Like A Hole or Closer on tours, he also plays stuff from Ghosts and HTDA, or other stuff normies do not particularly like but hardcore fans may be more aware of.

>At least he's not Ministry or Skinny Puppy levels yet
wow his fans have to set the bar that low to swallow this shit. fucking yikes

Nice song, bad production. I'm not a fan of the lo-fi synthwave aesthetic.

>No thread
Are you completely retarded?

>

if you're seriously over 18 and still unironically listen to nin, there's something wrong with you.

What do you unironically listen to?

Tool.

kek

^^^ Imagine being this retarded.

NTAE was great. I'm not really feeling this song. Hoping the rest of the ep and the narrative connecting it to ntae tie this together. There will be a third ep in december as well.

A) tronts still pretty good. Even if you refute his new music and hesitation marks, i dont think it can be refuted that his compositions for fincher and the ghosts album that preceded them are a god tier for industrial ambient music, basically a blueprint to the genre for the uninitiated.

Also pink floyd released an album like three years ago and i have friends who at the time were buying copies week of release. Just saying.
I saw my boy on stage in 2013 andhead like a hole got on the docket but closer was not played. In exchange we got a (second) finale, the debut live performance of one of my favorite nin songs. All the love in the World. Fucking hell i was screaming.

I like the new track better than anything on NTAE.

I think Hesitation Marks and The Slip are the two best releases NIN has had since The Fragile.

fite me fags ;p

NIN is one of the best live bands in the world. You cant deny this.

I really dig it
Sounds like PHM trent
Is the rest of his discography like that? I've only heard emo trent

wow this is terrible

FUCK this shit

People ITT have garbage taste. The song has monstrous hooks and a great pop song structure, I don't see anything bad. You morons expect him to do some unlistenable shit like Swans or Death Grips shit? Fuck off.

eh it's okay

I agree with this, it's a pretty good pop song, and great hooks were always one of stronger aspects of NIN.

Am I the only one who noticed a lot of shoegazing guitars in this?

Was it deliberate reference?

Exactly, NIN was always full of hooks, Broken and The Downward Spiral are full of hooks, just fucking listen to stuff like Heresy.

this, not terrible but pretty boring/uninspired melody and hook

Couldn't that be also a reference to the presence?