Why is youtube censoring videos now?

YouTube defends rules that strip adverts from 'inappropriate' content

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3770643/YouTube-accused-censorship-Video-sharing-site-defends-rules-strip-adverts-inappropriate-content.html
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3770643/YouTube-accused-censorship-Video-sharing-site-defends-rules-strip-adverts-inappropriate-content.html

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x4knx9p_stranger-things-main-theme-soundtrack-bande-originale_music
vimeo.com/174870794
youtube.com/watch?v=FpHNlx0pPIU
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTcwODY0Nzg4NA==.html?beta&
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who cares

it's probably some alt right gamergate bullshit anyway

copyright infrigement for freee

>watching jewtube

>it's probably some alt right gamergate bullshit

what it wasn't

>attention whores get loads of money from kids that can't into Adblock by tagging shit like TITS, ASS, BOOBS, BLOWJOBS, ANAL, GANGBANG, RAPE, GORE
>YT attempts to curb that by forcing users to generate actual, non-clickbait content

YouTube did nothing wrong.

jesus christ this isn't censorship

if advertisers want to stop advertising for specific videos, then they can and should be able to so choose

get out of here with your stupid clickbait useless drama

this

the only wrong thing youtube did was sell itself to google

its not even censorship. first, they are a privately owned company and can do whatever they wish. if you dont like it, go watch something on another video straming site. secondly, they are simply saying that you cant make money off innaproporiate content. people can still curse or whatever, but they just wont make money from it. thats not censorship.

>normal month
>check subscription window
>one of my 1000 subscribed channels released a 2 minute vid
>month ends and everyone cashes their sweet pattern cheques
>next month
>suddenly youtube decides to do something controversial
>the very next day my subscription window is filled with 20+ minute videos

Really makes you think

Its the internet

something better will take its place

>>check subscription window
>>one of my 1000 subscribed channels released a 2 minute vid
you have shit subscriptions then

>censoring
They're not.

Except that the majority of those videos being flagged on big channels are those that criticse the left exclusively. Show me a video promoting gays or have some bitch promoting hate speech towards white men that's been flagged

>one of my 1000 subscribed channels

Sorry what, I'm subbed to like 8 guys.

>Why is this (((corporate))) owned video hosting site working with (((advertisers))) to de-monetize and potentially silence voices that might go against the (((corporate))) approved narrative?

Hmmmm I wonder

The video is still there, it just stops fags from click baiting certain subjects for ads revenue

If you are trying to prove a point dude you show the evidence, otherwise your a complete an utter tool.
I don't care either way all I watch is AvE and some machinists and welding channels.

Good goys

>Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown

aka SJWs can still talk about how they want to exterminate all white men but you're going to get your video taken down and arrested IRL if you ponder if hillary clinton will be a good president or not

> he doesn't care about fags making money on click bait
> he must be a Jew!

Youtube literally just cucked itself

>Say mean things and you dun make any monies XD

Everyone is just going to leave

>AvE
top kino my friend

Have you got a single fact to back that up

JIDF false flagged detected

Then let's bring the topic on Sup Forums

Imagine Google entering the movie/series industry. Youtube its daughter company has the virtual monopoly on streaming. They cut add revenues on unfavorable reviewers.

>Philip DeFranco, who runs a channel where he discusses current affairs and pop culture, found 12 of his videos had been demonetised.

Do you really think that's impossible?

Yeah.....who cares?

but my freedom of speech i thought this was america, MDE save us

yeah, demonetised
he can say whatever he wants

>muh free speech
>muh censorship
>muh "I'm entitled to getting money for my videos"

youtube is a private company
if you feel treated poorly fuck off to another streaming site

>I like having my thoughts and opinions spoon fed to me by my corporate masters. Life is much easier when someone else decides what I should think

>I like having my thoughts and opinions spoon fed to me by weirdos on the internet and private companies should pay them for it no matter what

You are saying they cut ad revenues on unfavorable reviewers, I'm saying I watch some guys welding on youtube and get my opinions and thoughts not from random people on the internet, again who gives a fuck?

Don't like it watch another streaming service.

Basically anyone who doesn't generate educational content (make up tutorials, cooking, chemistry, history lessons) won't get ad revenue, so it's not actual censorship, it's """censorship""".

I personally think it's a ploy for cable to remain relevant. I wouldn't worry, the free market always finds a way.

I hope they don't crack down on all the foot fetish content

Youtube's been a goldmine for foot videos since near its inception

>dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3770643/YouTube-accused-censorship-Video-sharing-site-defends-rules-strip-adverts-inappropriate-content.html

The argument is that Youtube should not be considered privately owned if other laws that govern the internet count the internet as a public place. Basically the corporation cannot claim to be private while holding people to the standard of public discourse.

oh, they can claim to be private
and they do

>faggot neets making reaction videos can't make money off them anymore

Good.

also
>dailymail
>dailymail

Because every google corporation turd would be hailed as a work of art and critics would become a dim voice on the website. Isn't that what Sup Forums compained about for months regarding Disney?

As I said : virtual monopoly.
Where would you go? Vimeo? Dailymotion?

The chinese were smart when they banned major US websites and made state-owned copies of them. Their population can now access the original websites but they're so used to the copies that Facebook and Youtube can hardly be called monopolies in China.

The current year man violates every one of youtube's new terms of service, but he'll never be demonetized. You know why? Because he's corporation owned and operated. No one affiliated with a major private entity will be touched by these rules, only independent voices will be choked out of their money.

you tube isn't Disney

and those doing the hailing would be ousted as frauds pretty quick.

That's a dumb argument. Stores are public places but you'll still get kicked out if you start yelling shit.

well, but that ain't youtube's problem
that's the job of the Cartel Office (do you have something like this in the USA, I'm German)
then you have to break up youtube's monopoly

The "internet" might be a public place, but that doesn't mean Youtube is. Just like streets are a public place, but someone's house isn't. See what I mean?

KEK

You don't have to watch any video on youtube you don't want to watch, whereas it's pretty hard to not listen to some dude shouting in your ear. Try again.

jackshit is going to happen

the masses that make money for youtube don't have the organizational capacity or awareness to migrate anywhere

it's 2016 people

the worst aspects of humanity have already won and it's all downhill from here until civilization collapses

Why is every social media outlet becoming a kid friendly safe space all at once? Twitter, facebook, and now youtube? Seriously, what's going on?

>yfw chink m00t implements posting restrictions

Maybe the reason aliens haven't colonized the galaxy is because whenever a sentient species invents the internet, the world goes to shit within 100 years.

Let me show you:

dailymotion.com/video/x4knx9p_stranger-things-main-theme-soundtrack-bande-originale_music
vimeo.com/174870794
youtube.com/watch?v=FpHNlx0pPIU
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTcwODY0Nzg4NA==.html?beta&

Which ones are embeded. Is it so easy to move to another streaming website?

no, it's not easy
but it's not a human right to be able to make money of internet videos either

>Seriously, what's going on?
Money. Advertising for children is a huge cash cow and YT doesn't want to miss out on that.

Less popular streaming sites don't have to deal with as much bullshit. So they allow more stuff. If they were popular, they'd change, just like Youtube has. If the ease of using Youtube outweighs the cons for you, then great. If not, then deal with the added difficulty.

they should remove monetization from youtube entirely

all but the last are embedded, and it seems because it's some gook asian slanty eyed fuck site.

They aren't censoring anything. Some videos just won't generate money. Luckily these people go and get productive jobs in society now.

>ITT: censorship is ok as long as they're doing it to things I don't like

Because liberals are losing the "culture war" that they, themselves, started.

>i don't know what censorship is

This

They're is well within their rights to remove hate speech from a mostly family friendly website.

these jews are going nuts over Trump and have exposed themselves as totally biased

Thats what this is about, all right wing sane thought must be censored

Sup Forums's the only place I've seen that's actually defending Youtube.

>tagging shit like TITS, ASS, BOOBS, BLOWJOBS, ANAL, GANGBANG, RAPE, GORE
except that's not what they are demonetizing. They are demonizing anything that they deem to be racist/offensive/ (ie you speak out against BLM terrorists). Bet your ass that nigger trash music that promotes racism towards white people will not be demonetized and neither will the John Olivers.

People watching markiplier and pewdiepie have to watch ads

Shitty people i watch wont have ads

I have bad news for you, redditor

Not being paid for a video is not censorship, this is just people whining at losing their cash cow. My heart breaks that people will have to do more than stoke the inner angst of people to make a living now.

They should try getting real jobs, bloody layabouts.

>its not even censorship. first, they are a privately owned company and can do whatever they wish.
Censorship isn't solely a government issue. I don't care about whatever else you said, but anyone can censor. You don't need to be the ruler of a state to engage in, sanction, or enable censorship.

>reddit and Sup Forums are the only sites that exist

This site makes nearly no money. moot and chink moot admit it. Anonymous posting by it's very nature has no advertising value. Google makes all of it's money by knowing it's customer, having some name attached to that poster, so that it can then cater advertising to that user's need. Advertising here is like shooting into the dark.

It's based off of titles and tags, not the content itself. It will be easy for most youtubers to fix things without having to completely change what kind of videos they do. It won't be that major of a change, at least with the system they have in place. And the only tags that do this are stuff like rape, murder, etc. And if the video itself isn't as bad as the tags suggest, the owner of the video can tell Youtube and they can eventually get it fixed.

The problem is of course that YouTube doesn't work fast to get your shit back because the whole system is shitty. The other problem is that while they do have a system and are not currently going after most videos, the terms and service is too vague and hypothetically could be abused easily.

yeah, but private companies are free to "censor" anything they want
and they're not even "censoring", you just won't get monies

I heard that you cannot even so much as swear without that breaking the rules.

Yeah, let's see them cut off the funding to FOX News or HBO content then. I'll wait.

>people actually think removing attention whores cash machines is censorship

I warned you about the jews bro.

>2006

>yeah, but private companies are free to "censor" anything they want
Why should they be? Particularly when they're as massive as youtube or facebook, and clearly are almost impossible to avoid as a means of communicating with other people, why shouldn't there be rules in place saying they can't censor or financially squeeze content they don't like?

I'm not a libertarian, so I don't care about whether I'm restricted because of a government or because of a corporation, I just prefer to not be restricted as much as possible.

The youtube celebs complaining are demonstrating that they're only in it for the money rather than passion for their work or caring for their fans at all.

It is a soft form of censorship, absolutely. These rules won't be applied to corporate entities, they're designed to be a tool to totally suck the money out of independent content.

So, yeah, they're removing a massive incentive to make things they don't want made.

Youtube has ads in videos?

Seriously?

Since when?

I've been using an adblocker since they came out and never noticed....

seriously, what do you have to search to find stuff like that?

I only noticed when I used a computer in a library like half a year ago.

So why are all of these Youtubers calling there demonetization of there videos censorship? If you have bad content that nobody wants to advertise on or your target audience is 9 year olds who won't buy anything anyway why should you have monitization?

Youtube is a business if they don't like it why don't they move off of it. Oh wait thats right, they have no talent in making a website or are just too dumb to even figure out how to do that.

Many of these youtubers have gotten millions of dollars that they could have invested into businesses, stock, or pretty much anything else. But no they waste it on stuff such as Vacations, Cars, and Over prices clothing.

Not to mention that many of these babies are on welfare too. Boogie is on disability for being obese and "depressed".

Yeah, but then the companies are restricted?

The companies (YouTube) should be free to to whatever they want (if it's not illegal)
And the viewers and content creators should be free to choose where to watche/upload
don't see the problem here desu

>It is a soft form of censorship, absolutely.
no, it's not.

>So, yeah, they're removing a massive incentive to make things they don't want made.
Then maybe it's a good thing this content isn't being made, it'll hopefully give way for passion-inspired projects rather than greed inspired ones.

>If you have bad content that nobody wants to advertise on or your target audience is 9 year olds who won't buy anything anyway why should you have monitization?
Actually people are complaining that the rules extend to any form of swearing.

>So why are all of these Youtubers calling there demonetization of there videos censorship?
If HBO cut off all the funds to Game of Thrones tomorrow, would they be cancelling it?

Yes. It's terrible. I used the Youtube app on my phone once and it felt like I was watching television there were so many ads.

I don't know how people can stand to use a browser without adblock or barring that somehow don't know it fucking exists. It's mind-boggling.

>Yeah, but then the companies are restricted?
I don't care, because I'm not a company.

Triggered audiences.

1984 is upon us.

It's not censorship in the least. Youtube is not their employer, they are not obligated to make sure people can monetize their videos.

Does that mean that RedLetterMedia will now put a bleep sound each time they swear, which is most of the time?

Who the fuck even watches that show anyway.

Well, YouTube could ban the words "Cake" and "Cookie" and there's nothing you could do

>faggot YouTubers will be forced to get real jobs in your lifetime

...okay?

Cool logic mate

>Then maybe it's a good thing this content isn't being made, it'll hopefully give way for passion-inspired projects rather than greed inspired ones.
In other words, only people who already have money should be able to make youtube content? This seems pretty dogshit for me as a watcher of youtube videos, I'm only losing out.

No thanks.