So I'm watching Dexter. Not sure why, because mid series I'm starting to dislike it

So I'm watching Dexter. Not sure why, because mid series I'm starting to dislike it.

Not only is potty mouth sis Debra fucking annoying as hell. They killed off Rita, which was about the only character that I liked.

And Dexter, whooosh.. the guy is a fucking idiot. I loved season 1, but beyond that it was downhill.

Did enjoy Lithgow's character though. Just annoyed Dexter didn't off him when he had the chance to.

Yeah Rita was the best character after she died it is just kinda shitty.

really thought he was gonna get to fuck his sister

Well, that would definitely push the limits of TV so I would have been for it.

>watch the first two seasons
>dont bother with the rest

its like house or lost. a few seasons is enough.

I think the first three seasons were the best. Season 4 was good but not as amazing as people made it out to be.

Season 5 was watchable. Enjoyable at points. Season 6 was mostly trash. Colin Hanks was awful.

Season 7 was pretty good.

Season 8 was cancer.

the only limits they're interested in pushing, is to see how many male characters they can re-make as females

I just finished this show the other day... the seasons with Rita are the best imo but i love the clusterfuck that is the last season lol. Wish it ended with some sort of shootout though T.T

I hated Rita and her whole family. Especially fucking Cody. Season 4 was the best, then it starts to kinda get bad, Lumen's story arc seemed unnecessary.

T.T

Rita was annoying. Making him change and always bothering him and she lied and he didnt throw it in her face. You knew it wasnt going to work out because she was changing him way before she died so you could kinda see it coming.

This guy gets it.

The first 4 seasons were great, 5th one is where they kinda went down hill. Everything after that sucked, but the last season was more watchable than 6 and 7. The second season was my favorite, if they left the 2nd season for the last(and if the book was written that way), I think it would've ended well. It would've been cool to see Dexter get caught and put on trial.

Incidentally I stopped watching Lost after the second season.

But House I watched to the end. Loved it. Well, last seasons kinda sucked, but it was overall good.

The Lumen story was the result of a new showrunners first season in control. He got BTFOed after.

Also, they were trying really hard to appeal more to the female audience. Shilling super hard.

Idk I kinda liked Lumen

Lumen is probably the one character I hated more than LaGuerta.

Yeah 2nd season stole the show

>I stopped watching Lost after the second season.
I didn't even make it to the end of season 2.

>House I watched to the end. Loved it
house started off great, went downhill, realised they relied entirely on the characters and the plots could be whatever, and then just started putting batshit off-the-wall crazy storylines and scenarios everywhere.

remember when house got shot in the hospital, and that led to getting his legs back for about 3 months? remember that time he was in a bus crash and lost his memory? remember seeing the managing director of the hospital poledance?

So satisfying seeing him kill little miss pardon my tits.

i'm with you on rita's family.

fucking Assturd got so annoying in later seasons.

At this point, I just tell people to watch season 1 and stop. you get the idea and you dont need all the other stuff.

season 2 is fine but I felt like there were more loose ends that demanded follow up/more watching

Lol house!??? Who the fuck ever watched that

>remember when house got shot in the hospital, and that led to getting his legs back for about 3 months? remember that time he was in a bus crash and lost his memory? remember seeing the managing director of the hospital poledance?
Haha, yeah, I remember all of that. I guess the show always managed to off the more annoying characters in time before they poisoned the series with their presence. I guess I just loved House as a character, so I was willing to accept some shitty storylines.

S2 > S1

Dexter's season go up and down depending on the season. Some are great some are not so great.

Only worth watching the first 2 seasons, then the show went to shit. Dexter is suppose to be a psychopath taught to act as an "agent of god" but all he wanted was to connect with others and have a friend or girlfriend he could bond with, this is not how psychopaths behave, so unbelievable as a character

it only gets worse user

>I just loved House as a charactery
yep. the show rode entirely on him.

>I was willing to accept some shitty storylines.
the shitty storylines made it watchable, better than trying to make good shit and failing at it. embrace the shit.

it was a genuinely great show for s1 and a lot of s2 dude

He's more a sociopath sorta schizo than a psycho

This! And his dubs confirm it to be the truth.

>yep. the show rode entirely on him.
I guess that's also the only reason I love Elementary.

The few times I stumbled past House, it seemed they were always sitting around a table trying to figure out why some patient was sick, pitching increasingly obtuse theories

kek, I still watch that show religiously for the same reason.

it's such a bullshit show but I enjoy it.

Yup, that is usually what happened at the surface.

>RANK
Just a reminder that Lila's tits are the best tits

Baah, every trope that show relies on.. someone else does better..

maybe, but you have to remember it came out 12 years ago. there was genuinely nothing like it on tv at the time even if there is now.

I remembered downloading the pilot from an irc server in college and having it blow my mind.

Rita is really meh

>I loved season 1, but beyond that it was downhill.

pretty much this.

The meh part was how she kept thinking it was a good idea to hide from her kids the fact her ex was a dirtbag, so the boy kept on being excited at a chance to be around the guy

She got breast implants since this picture...much better now

So just to throw a torch in here, one show that does everything right is Game of Thrones.

True, but Starz was airing Spartacus around the same time if I recall and I always dug that show more (Gannicus :D)... Showtime has always been meh

I couldn't get through three episodes. It felt like I was watching "Michael Cera: Serial Killer". Couldn't go 10 minutes without dropping his fucking spaghetti.

Besides being way too long and predictable

I never really got into spartacus for some reason. everyone I knew who liked it was a teen girl, so I always suspected it was an average show with a lot of hot dudes to make it worthwhile.

You must be thinking of my dick inside your wife

it was very homoerotic and masochistic

they weren't sure they were coming back after the second season so they killed off Doakes which kinda fucked everything up because once you kill a cop the show's pretty much over. You can proceed with a successful show after that.
Besides it doesn't make any sense, you can buy that being the last thing happening in the series, but for them to continue after that is unrealistic if he was going to continue killing people. A dead police officer puts everyone on edge and everyone becomes a suspect even if the case is solved. That seems more natural than forcing a fantasy land where a bizarre turn of events just so happens to save him from jail time and the magnifying glass Doakes put him under before disappearing.
First two seasons are a great start to a serial killer with morals kind of story but after that it became more comic bookish and like they sacrificed realism for an elongated story.

>because once you kill a cop the show's pretty much over.
Wut? Are you trolling or genuinely retarded?

This. This. This.

Honestly user if you watch seasons 1 and 2 thats all you need to see. If your mid series yoi could easily turn it off.

Go watch six feet under its michael c halls best performance and all 5 seasons were fucking gold capped off with the best series finale ive ever seen.