Can Sup Forums explain why people believe in religions?

Can Sup Forums explain why people believe in religions?

Other urls found in this thread:

matthewabacchus.com/numerology/amp/
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/object-teleport-space-successful-scientists-a7836956.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because people came up with gods to answer questions about life, the universe, and their creation before we had scientific explanations and now all of the brain dead tards just indoctrinate their children and teach them not to think for themselves

Hope

Fear of death.

I've never understood the fear of the inevitable

I guess it's just the not knowing of when it happens

so i can fuck goats

it's all bullshit no matter how you slice it

Fixed that for ya.

Religion and science are fundamentally the same in that they both seek to frame existence, the universe, and the phenomenal experience as a thing which humans can understand

Nice, thanks

I just can't understand how some religions still exist today

It's the ultimate redpill if you approach it with the right mindset.

This man proves religion is real because that's a godly fucking answer. Good shit.

Jesus was the biggest failure in history

I don't think anybody doubts the existence of religions, just how true they are

lower-conscious interpretations of Mithra

People wanna know why we're here and where we came from. Some people find that answer through science, others through religion. You're not the brightest are you?

What's the right mindset?

You're pretty stupid if you cant understand how some religions exist today. look it up dumbass. Read philosophy. Read history. Read psychology.

Religion is pablum for the masses. They are too afraid to think independently

No, I'm definitely not the brightest.
I just came to hear some other opinions

>this
I personally believe the unvierse is pure energy, E=MC2 and Quantum Entanglement explain most of it for me, I think we have 'souls' of energy, just what do you think 'dark matter' and 'dark energy' is if you don't believe me?

The real answer: people cant cope with being so unimportant in a universe that does not care if they live or die. People want to feel special.

The universe is whatever you make it, sometimes you can't control certain groups of people or events (politics, 9/11 invasion of xxx country etc.), but you can make a difference for others by leading the way and being an individual instead of conformist

I'll keep that in mind, thanks

Take this guys unusual double set of repeating numbers (222/999), was it because he is getting closer to the truth? Or a just another coincidence in your seemingly one-sided existence? It's not hard to open your eyes a little wider and see what I mean, I can't force you to do anything.

The universe is itself it is not "whatever you make it". Your opinion of the universe is whatever you make of it, but it can be incorrect. The universe does not care if you succeed or fail, live or die. I just does not care.

fear, ignorance, and indoctrination.

Makes sense to me...

Right, I don't assume what I think is the 'right way' or understanding, as 3-dimensional beings we are not completely able to understand the universe in more advanced way, maybe our existence is to learn certain things in our current world before we move on to higher dimensions? How would I or you ever know?

We don't know of anything past the observable. Not knowing is not proof or disproof of anything.

ignorance

Yeaaaaaa you know what I mean, kind of like Quantum mechanics, Qubits only work in superposition (being both 1 & 0 at same time) if they are left unobserved/unknowable except for the end result, that's how I think about deeper things like 'god' and 'meaning'

religion is a refuge for the weary mind, its a way to give unconditional love to yourself without actually doing so

some use this as a crutch and others stroke their ego with fae msgs from 'god'

though religion creates a sense of community, it is only truely for one's self.
>the sense of community merely comes from a collective attempting to see something thats not visible to anyone but them

I kind of wrote a little bit about this stuff, matthewabacchus.com/numerology/amp/
Don't hack my site :)

What do you think of the OnePlus? I really need a better phone to write more stuff, looking at a Mi Mix.

A bit off topic.
I have the oneplus 3t and it's fine. I can't really write anything more comprehensive because of my limited amount of phones that I've tried.

interesting

Fear.

BTW me, , is not

Maybe balancing the people and things you bring in to your life is the key? Equilibrium? That's what I'm thinking ATM, but maybe not cutting off the negative people is what far too many of us do? Are we not all made of the same atoms and materials? The calcium in our bones was created from supernova, what if this is another 'hidden meaning'? I don't like to use the word 'hidden' though, like you said, just because it's unknowable doesn't mean much.

I just didn't want to answer a question for another person without making sure that the person who wrote the question knew it

Because Dudeism is the shit.

I don't bring very many people In to my life, since I'm young and not very social.
No none of us are made of the same atoms, since those atoms cannot be two places at once.

Because they're not alone online all the time and have meatspace interaction with other people in meatspace

What's meatspace?

I'm not saying we're made from the same atoms, I'm saying that those atoms were created in the same place, IE: supernova explosions that fuse calcium and other elements in our bodies, basically we're all from the same source: the Stars.

Sure, yea we come from the same place

Is it not possible that our thoughts/conciousness become entangled elsewhere in the universe?
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/object-teleport-space-successful-scientists-a7836956.html

What's that cool fidget spinner religion?

distractions and little else

> (You)
>distractions and little else
I meant the logo in OP's image that looks like a fidget spinner. Just left of six o'clock.

I don't know, don't care

This is like reading a thesaurus

Also people who understand these concepts don't talk like this

It's difficult for me to explain such topics, I gotta get more into writing to be able to explain my thoughts better...