Is this the Psychedelic-Progressive Rock AOTY?

Is this the Psychedelic-Progressive Rock AOTY?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bv1JwQilSv0&t=72s
youtube.com/watch?v=KOwufwUXrmc&t=127s
youtube.com/watch?v=bBMOHtCtq3k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Murder the Universe - 2/5
Microtonal Banana - 3/5

Ruination was better

bump those scores by 1 and ill agree with you

Pretty fair scores, I would've given MOTU a 3 though. I hope the next two records don't dissapoint

"disappoint" as in "has any spoken word", right? literally every recent album by them sounds the same, but everyone hates on motu because of the spoken word bits

I actually really liked the spoken word on the Han Tyumi chapter, and the music on it is probably the best stuff they've done. Didn't like the rest of it though, I was super excited after they released the third chapter on youtube, LoL and Altered Beast sounded amazing live, but the spoken word on those chapters was unnecessarily excessive

The spoken word bits were actually some of my favorite parts

Banana was far superior and it also came out this year

every time i finish banana i just want to go back to nonagon infinity and then i have to listen to that five times in a row, so i havent even checked MOTU yet

FMT: 4.6/5
MotU: 4.3/5

I like it more than FMB. It's my AOTY so far, but the new Kairon; IRSE!, Samsara Blues Experiment, Elder and Electric Moon albums are way up there as well in the psych department.

They haven't made a single quality album, so i can't say AOTY makes sense

youtube.com/watch?v=Bv1JwQilSv0&t=72s

>Progressive
>sounds just like their last few albums

Murder of the Universe is supposed to be similar to Mind Fuzz and Nonagon so its normal for these albums to share the same riffs and affects. Flying Microtonal Banana is still very diferent to the rest of their albums, I dont know where people get the idea that "they all sound the same". Quarters and Paper Mache are unique aswell.

is this out??

microtonal banana - 2/5
murder of the universe - 4/5

Whats other essential Psychedelic-Progressive-Indie-Alt Rock bands?

Black Mountain

new stuff sound p good to me m8
youtube.com/watch?v=KOwufwUXrmc&t=127s

imagine being this much of a redditor

No, that's Microtonal Banana.

MotU - 4/5
Flying Microtonal Banana - 5/5
Nonagon Infinity - 4/5

earlier records - 3/5

Mind fuzz>nonagon=motu>paper mache=fmb>quarters>float>oddments>Willoughby's beach> 12bb

swap motu and paper mache/fmb and it's perfect

mew, agent fresco, mars volta, motorpsycho

and we have a new candidate whenever this comes out
youtube.com/watch?v=bBMOHtCtq3k

are dungens other albums worth checkign out, i really only knwo this one

The Han-Tyumi act was hilarious, I loved that bit

First two acts were bunk

Shit that Melody's song is the best prog I've heard so far this year.
Produced by Dungen right?

yeah, I actually didn't know that but it is. explains a lot. huge jump in quality from the kevin parker-produced album (although I like that too). reine fiske has quietly been involved in so many good bands

its not even the best King Gizzard album this year

you guys think theyll be able to crank out 3 more albums in 4 months? Some of MoTU already felt a bit recycled or backburny

>mew, agent fresco, mars volta, motorpsycho
Great bands user

next album is supposedly done and just waiting for artwork, colab with mild high club.

the demos user linked above are supposed to be on the 4th album I believe?

Just found out about her accident, hopefully she'll decide to release it while she's recovering and not untill the next year.
If the rest is like that then it's just pure prog AOTY.

Bent Knee is a cool Indie/Prog rock band.