ITT Godlike TV shows

ITT Godlike TV shows

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0511117/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Radar, put a mask on!

Corey In the House

Quantum leap

Just a reminder... the last couple seasons of MASH totally SUCKED. The creator, Larry Gelbart left and Alan Alda took over. And it went to hell. They had a fucking episode where Hawkeye built a tower out of tongue depressors and...blew it up. Roll credits.

Good series finale, though.

big bang.
that sheldon is so funny

>Good series finale, though.
Best series finale ever
Too soon

First five seasons were a comedic drama. The last six were a dramatic comedy. Either way, I strongly recommend watching the UK version. The total absence of a laugh track changes everything.

Bump

IMHO, the problem was they stretched a 3 year war out 11 years. Yes, it was really an analogy for the Vietnam war, but they dragged it out too long. Don't get me wrong, it's a Top 10 series of all time, but the spark left with Larry Gelbart.

That was me... here's my list, in no particular order:

MASH
All In The Family
Married with Children
Star Trek TOS
WKRP in Cincinnati
Cheers
Seinfeld
Battlestar Galactica (2004)
Saint Elsewhere
The Prisoner
Emergency!
Adam 12
Twilight Zone
and, Rick & Morty because fuck you.

>Just a reminder... the last couple seasons of MASH totally SUCKED. The creator, Larry Gelbart left and Alan Alda took over. And it went to hell.

he turned it into a crying liberal pussyfest.

Each episode works out to around four days of the actual war.

korea, and it was a police action

This. The United States hasn't been at war since the surrender of Japan. It hasn't had an 'enemy' since.

>incredible season 01
>incredible first half of season 02
>amazing finale of season 02, bouncing back from mediocrity after creators left the show because the network fucked them
>tragically underrated movie
>made good on promise to be back in 25 years
>produced perhaps the greatest episode of television ever aired (S03,EP 08)

Twin
Fucking
Peaks!

No shit... but the show was really about the Vietnam war, which was happening during the beginning of the show...thus the word "analogy"

Ironic, considering in the books, Hawkeye referred to someone as a "bleeding heart commie".

Different user here. I agree with you, but I think the word you're looking for is "allegory".

Any love for this show?
Cry every time on the WWII bomber episode.

Why was Hawkeye ok calling a nigger spearchucker but got upset when they called Koreans gooks?

Wait...no, "analogy" is correct. Sorry, MASH-user.

You might argue "metaphor", but I used "analogy" because what real people ~at that time~ were going through the identical horrors in Vietnam, was portrayed in MASH...even though it was set in Korea.

the fact that the cast got the director to stop adding a laugh track in the latter seasons is amazing
imo laugh track = we know our audience is to stupid to know when something is funny

Recently started watching Raising Hope after I stumbled upon it while channel surfing late night.

I was sold after I heard Cloris Leechman ask her granddaughter on the show (something to the effect of) "Are we getting Heroin?"

Almost through the whole series on Netflix. I dig it. It's Malcom in the Middle, but they are more cartoony and shit.

You might have heard this, but when they killed off Henry Blake, the cast didn't know it was going to happen. So, when Radar came into the OR to deliver the news, the reactions were real.

the UN didn't exist until after Japan surrendered

>It's Malcom in the Middle, but they are more cartoony and shit.

Sold! I'm adding it to my list now.

spearchucker was a reference to his superior ability
ie throwing a footbal

gooks is a purely derogatory term used for no reason other than to dehumanize the enemy so that soldiers would have an easier time killing them

it wasn't so much a racial commentary
as it was a "lack of humanity in war" commentary

Right on.

Another selling point: they take all the air out of the TV Sitcom cliches by having the Baby Episode as the pilot and bringing back/Killing off characters for no reason other than trying to be comedically consistent. It doesn't hang up on really emotional shit and ruin the flow of the funny.

That hang up is why I stopped watching How I met your Mother. Too feels-y.

Peep show......watch it

Obligatory.

I know its a kids show
and from any technical stand point it is shit
but Loud House is a great series for me
oldest of two brothers with 5 sisters in between
hits me right in th eols nostalgia

A good indicator of quality is if B. J. Hunnicutt had a mustache then you knew it was going to be a preachy episode.

Did anyone else bond over this show with their dad?

Correct. Your point being?

Fuck you, the tongue depressor episode was amazing.

Good eye on the mustache. And I never had a father. OPs show gave me a lot.

that the UN has never had an enemy

Oddly, my dad didn't watch it much when I was younger. When it was on around dinner time in syndication, he got into it. I bought him a bunch of seasons on DVD back when that was a thing.

Battlestar Galactica
Stargate SG1
Oz
Deadwood
Archer

I bonded over M.A.S.H with my father-figure. Every night we'd watch it regardless of the episode.

Twin Peaks

HAHHAHAhahahahahahahahahaha

oh shit....

breath....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>KotH
>Most underrated, brilliant show on tv about the shitty, loathsome nature of Americans.
>Mike Judge had an amazing thing going, but people can't wrap their head around the mirror-like irony.

This is was my other go-to bonding show. Love ya pops.

As US law dictates enemy status, you are correct.

King of the Hill is a classic.

So much hate when I bring it up though. Never understood that.

When someone disses it, I ask if they know the show and if no, I show them the episode where Hank gets caught buying crack, under the impression it was synthetic fishing bait. Usually works.

Trailer Park Boys

Give the FBI your general age ITT.

King of the Hill was good early on, then...like a lot of Fox animated shows... got weaker and weaker as they ran out of ideas. Make Peg crazier and crazier, start mix and matching who was dating, and start going further and further afield for ideas.

tl;dr: first couple seasons were good.

Fucking Randy with that god damn cheeseburger locker

as UN dictates enemy status
it was never intended to be the quasi met government that it has become
it was meant to be a diplomatic forum to avoid wars like WWI&II
specifically to keep WWII from rolling over into a Russo-American world war
this is why both the US and USSR were given permanent veto power of any military action
this is why all the UN charter specifically says that UN resolutions are only legally enforceable in a nation if the resolution has gone through the proper course to be made law in that nation
why most of UN military operation have been actual police actions (to stop all belligerents from waging war)
and why almost every nation is a member state of the UN

and US law has very little to say about "enemy status"
it basically boils down to any one that the Senate has declared war on but the House hasn't ended the was

Season 4, Episode 4. The Green Bastard.

First time I saw anything like it. Ive never laughed so hard at a TV show since.

Letterkenny is rad, but its a slower build with better characters and storylines. I'd say theyre a neck & neck tie for funny.

OP is 28.

Agreed. It jumped the shark when Lucky showed up.

Although, I still refer to my paycheck each week as "Pee Pee Money".

Fuck ya Twilight Zone was damn good, what's some of your favourite episodes?

OP here. Much love man. You know your stuff.

Season 7 and below only though. 8 and 9 are garbage. Annoying new characters, shit storylines, and not enough of just the boys. Season 10 was alright though. I miss J-Roc

Magnum son!

That mustache is godlike, glad to see he kept it

It is magnificent tbqh.

>Locked up Abroad
>Drugs Inc

2 shows that are epically fun to watch high and laugh at the desperation and stupidity of 30-something-HS-prom-queen-has-beens that have been harangued into prostitution and smuggling to feel self worth.

Oh if you want to laugh at desperation, My 600 Pound Life and My Strange Addiction

I exhausted my strange addiction after O & A tore it open on the radio. That chick with the couch is fuckin brutally funny though.

Never checked out 600lb life. Always just looked like the Honey Boo Boo family 20 years from now, to me.

No particular order.
Shameless (U.S)
Always Sunny
Trailer Park Boys
Parks and Recreation
Bob's burgers
X files
Breaking Bad
Nurse Jackie
Weeds
Californication

That's just a few

Miami Vice

There was one where she couldn't fit in the shower/bath so she had to be hosed down in the backyard

I can't watch any of that stuff or Hoarders. Too uncomfortable for me to find humor in their desperation.

Word of advice, never eat while watching them, you will definitely gag

>Californication
up until "Punching and Fucking" was published
then the show lost all plot and became a sitcom with tits

>X-Files

Started rewatching the series after they announced the reboot. Was super hyped, then realized I wasted so much goddamn time on that show and it really has like 10% enjoyability if you're not hunting for a specific episode or like Smoking Man isn't in the story.

Still was my fav show as a 10yo tinfoil hat dipshit.

Fuckin kek.

Ill check it out. Cheers m8.

Not that user, but I alway think about that one episode with the thing outside of the plane

Preach it brother

With Shatner? Haha there's a man on the wing of the plane!

Ivan, did you see the sun rise?

So of my favourites are Time Enough at Last, where the guy finally gets time to be alone then breaks his glasses, or To Serve Man, where it's not to help man, it's a cookbook!

>mash rule 34
>clinger is not in a dress
you had 1 FUCKING JOB

Also why would it be Klinger and Charles? If you're gonna rule 34 at least do Potter and Radar or Hot Lips and Hawkeye

the new twilight zone
think it was the reboot pilot movie
ppl find a bottomless hole
drop things in
gold gets thrown out
drop in a dictionary
start getting gold and a note explaining what the other side thinks they received
greedy guy finds out
starts forcing them to throw more and more stuff into the hole to get gold
eventually fight breaks out
greedy guy gets accidentally pushed into hole
gold and note saying they received a turkey and found it delicious was thrown out

yep. the real hawkeye was a rowdy hard drinking partying real man, not the pussy portrayed by alda.

and fucking mclean stevenson thought all the love his character got was for him, not his character. then he bombed when he left for the big time.

According to imdb it was actually Amazing Stories, a show, like the Outer Limits, was very close to the Twilight Zone

imdb.com/title/tt0511117/

>Hot Lips
more like loose lips, roasties can fuck off

Some of my favorites are

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Rick and Morty
Archer
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Community
Black Mirror
The Boondocks
Baskets

I fucking love Get Smart, such a funny spy spoof show.

The remake movie was shit.

Also:

Bojack Horseman
F is for Family

Bellisario was responsible for so much great TV and Ivan had it coming.

could have sworn it was twilight zone
but I also haven't seen that episode for over a decade
but what terrified me more than the greedy guy being tossed in the hole
was that these people had a 2-way portal to an intelligent non-human species that found human meat delicious
and they just said, well the greedy guy is gone, crisis averted

Always Sunny
Futurama
That 70's Show
Mr. Robot
Archer
The Office US
Twin Peaks
Trailer Park Boys
Seinfeld
Hey Arnold

honorable mentions: breaking bad, the walking dead, orange is the new black, parks and recs, the simpsons

>Always Sunny
>That 70's Show
>The Office US
>Seinfeld
pure shit

>anything you've ever enjoyed
even shittier

:(