What did he buy?

What did he buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-was-on-the-disc-Neo-sold-to-Troy-for-2-000-at-the-beginning-of-The-Matrix
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_City_(The_Matrix)
matrix.wikia.com/wiki/Goliath
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The codes to create Reddit

Ultra rare pepes

cunny folder

Nothing, he's in the Matrix so it's not real.

Here's a better question: Why didn't the robots just use geothermal or nuclear power instead of humans?

Probably a database of credit card numbers.

Why is she making the "she touched my dick so I came and farted" face?

This was always something that bothered me about the films. Morpheus states in The Matrix that the Machines have discovered how to utilize fusion. This combined with the energy drawn from Humans more than enough to sustain the machines.

Yet in Matrix Reloaded, the Architect acts like the energy that Humans are providing is the only thing keeping the Machines going. He make it sound like if Smith destroys the Matrix, the Machines are going to have to make sacrifices due to the reduced power.

Spite

Also humans as a power source doesn't even work

>Human power comes from food (calories)
>Most calories comes from sunlight (photosynthesis) for plants or plants being food for carnivores
>No sunlight

How do they sustain the people? I know they say they liquefy the dead but almost all nutrients and usable calories would be gone.

>buying literal edge

The original script had the robots using human brains as processors, but it was rewritten because the producers thought the audience wouldn't understand it.

That presents all types of other problems. The human brain is incredibly complex and powerful but is terrible at "processing" in terms of computer power. Catching a ball requires a tremendous amount of information and calculation but it's not like the brain is good at figuring floating point integers.

The original idea was that the machines used people's brains as processors not energy but it was changed to make it simpler.

I get that. However, we go from one film where the Machines are using Humans for energy, even though it would be a negligible amount in reality, along with fusion to "If we lose the Humans we are going to have to turn some of us off."

if we were in the matrix could they program me a ledecky gf??

Yes, I know that. But there is a bit of a disconnect between The Matrix where Humans are one of two forms of power generation available to the Machines to Matrix Reloaded where it seems like Humans generate all of it.

it's retarded how you guys keep nitpicking this shit with the machines when it is merely a vehicle, not the point of the story

even arguing about the eagles in LOTR makes more sense than this

Why would machines need us to do the type of work that they're good at doing? They would use our mind as a processor for the types of work they're *not* good at. The same way we do.

>They would use our mind as a processor for the types of work they're *not* good at.

And what work is that?

plothole

I read somewhere that he was buying some kind of program or script that would erase all his parking tickets. No bullshit. Here, I think I found it

quora.com/What-was-on-the-disc-Neo-sold-to-Troy-for-2-000-at-the-beginning-of-The-Matrix

If hes spending 2,000 on it, he must have a fuck ton of parking tickets

Intuitive leaps and "outside the box" thinking that a Machine Intelligence would find difficult to do.

Do you have any idea how much parking costs in New York? Two thousand dollars to park anywhere you want for life is a fucking steal.

>Hallelujah. You're my savior, man. My own personal Jesus Christ.
What did he mean by this?

The 5th element

Neo did not die so you could post stupid fucking frog pictures on the internet.

It was foreshadowing being beaten over our heads.

Is the Matrix world supposed to be Earth? New York, LA, United States, Europe, etc?

Considering they have Duracell batteries, Nokia phones, and French people I'm going to say yes.

that makes so much more sense though why didn't they go with that eurgh

>stupid fucking frog posters
>getting this mad
You have to go back.

Maybe he is going to charge a ton of people half of the parking ticket cost and then remove their parking tickets from the database.

Because there would be no movie worth watching if humans weren't used? I agree, that's why I prefer the terminator films because the machines knew they didn't need humans at all but the ladyboyskis already hacked proyas, so hacking James Cameron who is also a hack is hack overload

People in 1999 didn't know shit about computers.

This.

That's exactly why you use it, you can get away with dumb shit like that back then. Try that today and you have people like us nitpicking and talking about how stupid it is.

The French people are viruses, though

Just like real life

And we have a cure.

If memory serves it's just one giant city, and that's it. Kind of like a Dark City scenario.

use the human brain to make a super computer was too hard to understand to you in 1999

maybe you weren't born in that year

They wanted to make The Matrix simpler and easier to understand, and THATS what they decided to change? Okay.

They mention that Morpheus bombed Heathrow, but it's not clear if that's actually a real place or just machine propaganda.

Why didn't Neo just wish Agent Smith away?

Dank memes

It would depend on the Machines' ability to upload memories into individuals who are hooked into the Matrix. If they can create false memories, say of taking a vacation to some location that falls outside of the city or that you spent time living in another location and then moved to or visited the city, then the single city simulation works.

It's in Sydney mate

But for real, the Wachowski sisters wanted the city to be an amalgamation of all the big cities, but they couldn't into editing out more than the opera house.

There's tons of buildings anyone who's been to Sydney can recognize throughout the flicks

They say in the movies that the main reason no one cares that they're looped in a suckhole city is because it's such utter shit

An older version of the matrix was too cheery and they thought it was too uncanny to remain stabilized

thats the kind of girl that likes to be fisted in the ass violently.

30 megabytes of pirated 3 Doors Down singles

But they didn't have ten good songs in '99

because DUDE DURACELL LMAO

yeah, the creators are MtF, too.
So they'd have no problem with it

:^)

But Matrix is in the future

it's just Kryptonite 10 times

human brains are incredibly energy efficient for the work they can do. Sure we'll soon have computers that can do everything a human brain can do, but they'll be several orders of magnitude more energy inefficient

The Konami code

The guy didn't know that because there was no youtube and he didn't have a radio I guess.

He just said to Neo "Who are the cool new guys, give me some of them".

Actually it was MGSV chapter 3

The second and third films shoulda looked at the second renaissance, it was really interesting.

It was that they were using human brains as processing neural net to break the encryption that human built into the nano-storm that was blocking out the skies.

>Sydney
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_City_(The_Matrix)
I know that's where it was filmed, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. What I'm saying is that all of humanity is corralled into this one city. It doesn't represent any one particular city.

That was uber-hip 90'speak. Use biblical jargon and come off as sounding cool and thinking MTV's 120 Minutes is for plebs

your own

personnel

jesus

A hot dinner

Why would you need human brains to stop the nano machines?

>this guy doesn't know how nano storms work

Reach out and touch me

It's also part of the plot of the Hyperion cantos, which ended in 1998. Maybe they didn't want the comparison drawn?

Because complex encryption takes loads of processing power to crack, and they were using humans as processors.

Why didn't the Zion people build radio towers and run cables so they could broadcast from anywhere?

What else would they be buying that would require a top tier hacker to get.
Cheese Picard

The machines are keeping the humans alive using their brains as processing power in an attempt to figure out a solution to undoing operation dark cloud w/ the nanomachines that fuck up the sky and prevent the machines from leaving the earth.

Once they figure it out they'll kill off the rest of the humans.

Kind of like that Folding@Home or SETI@Home shit.

good argument

I prefer the theory that the machines felt sorry for us as we were their creators and kept humans from going extinct as a sign of respect

>operation dark cloud
err, i mean dark storm.

also there's some non-canon book about the machines using a human pilot to fight aliens and destroy the nanomachines.

maybe human brains are like their version of quantum computers and the machines themselves can't figure out the nanomachines.

matrix.wikia.com/wiki/Goliath

Perhaps they've exhausted their supply of raw processor chip materials and need to explore a biological solution before everything breaks down.

theoretically even if it takes thousands of years nuclear/fusion energy would eventually become depleted

but with proper long term breeding programs and keeping the human rebel shits in check with an endless cycle of false hope humans could last for all eternity aka unlimited energy

That's what feed our brains sire.

You'd think the hackers would give themselves away with the ridiculous clothing they seem to wear. The chicks are hot though.

if the program was flawed sure

You don't understand how something like this could be done.

It's based on statistical regression of decision matrices (hence the matrix). As people interact with their physical environment, they are making complex calculations, the average of which is a normative influence, the machines don't have to procedurally generate everything because the human brain works on autocomplete. That is how Neo is able to influence the Matrix, by altering the information his brain feeds the system he is able overrun the buffer and make changes, like reducing or eliminating the velocity of a bullet, for example. Because how the fuck else would you explain it?

The Machines are sentient and even the helper programs seem to be sentient, so perhaps machine society has a labor supply issue. Robots don't want to be the slaves anymore, mechanically derived energy might seem like a form of cannibalism to them. Which is what the architect meant by "dirtier methods." Dirty isn't a quantitative measure but a qualitative one; dirty things are rarely preferred so it is a matter of preference.

>meme dot net

Shouldn't you be finishing/starting your summer reading?

>You didn't purchase that meme from a Sup Forums Approved Meme Store, get out!

Well explained, user.

emotional processing units

epu's

like graphics cards for emotion maybe

You're an idiot if you think the "we use humans for energy" explanation was literal.

It's what they said.

Wow it's ALMOST AS IF the second and third films were shit! Woww!!

They use humans as processing power to decrypt whatever is blocking the sun.

I think even Animatrix explains this, it's in thge original script.

>t. autist who doesn't understand subtext
What's it like looking through the world through your eyes? Everything must seem so confusing and frightening.

>Geez man how did you not know this thing that isn't in the movie and is only in a scrapped original draft? Come on man, keep up.

Because the "real world" is just another level of the matrix logic doesn't really need to apply. Since the people there believe they are in the real world.

>tfw no cyborgs in the 'real world'

imagine half-terminators storming zion instead of squids

how come smith was the only program to ever try to jump IRL and possess bane?

It's in the extended material though. Watch Animatrix.
I know that's a cop out, but the producers thought normies were too retarded to understand the original explanation.

The Animatrix shows them darkening the sky, it doesn't explain anything further about it.