"We need blood!"

>"We need blood!"
>Character cuts the middle of their fucking palm to get it

Does this trigger anyone else? I mean FUCK that shit fucking hurts you're basically disabling your hand.

It's for dramatic effect, obviously.

Fuck your dramatic effect

I want my suspension of disbelief

Literally when has this ever happened outside of vampire movies?

>muh suspension of disbelief

It's not like they're slashing anyone's throat

>"We need blood."
>"No problem, I'm menstruating."

Stranger things

where's the correct place then?

Harry Potter 5 or 6, the one were Howeverwizard dies

Mongol

niggas cant slash their palms like that and continue using their hands normally. it triggers me too

yeah I can get a person cutting more than they need to - it's not like they're experienced at it or knowledgeable - but the palm is probably the most inconvenient place you could cut it. The hand has tons of nerve endings and you won't be able to grip anything and you'll be inconvenienced for weeks. It might also make for a highly visible scar

BvS when Michael Cera turns Michael Shannon into the Incredible Hulk

literally all the time you fucking idiot. have you ever seen a tv show or movie that wasnt capeshit?

But user all you need to do is wrap your hand in a dirty torn tshirt.

lord of the rings

It's Always Sunny

top of the forearm, or any other part of the body that doesn't have nerve ending all over

Star Trek

it's because it's an easy place to hide a blood packet

Star Trek did it all the time, but it was a Klingon thing so maybe it was intentional

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Every fucking thing

Stranger Things did it

This.
It started out as an easy way for the SFX crew to have blood come "out" of a knife.
Then it became tradition.

I'd love to see it mixed up in something.

filmmakers do it about as intentionally as they do with characters slowly going up to objects and then deliberately touching it.

it's all intentional.

Why would you need to worry about infections? Even if you die someone can just get the defibrillator paddles and bring you back from the dead. Or gently slap your chest while screaming YOU WANT TO LIVE!

wow bro you got btfo

Natural born killers

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
Game of Thrones
National Treasure (not quite the same, but still)

Not only that, but it's a terrible place for a cut because you need to use your hands, meaning the wound cannot properly heal and will constantly be re-opening making infection much more likely.

It's so stupid how people make a "blood bond" type thing this way too, it's so goddamn stupid.

You're not disabling your hand, but it's a great way to get an infection. There are better places to draw blood from.

I forget, what context/scene did this happen?

Try terminator 2 where arnie cuts his forearm off.

Deep Blue Sea

ok let me just slice my fucking throat real quick. where else would they get the blood

Batmanslaughter v Necksnapper

Thumb?

Pirate of the carrabian. With his swordfighting hand.

Not to mention you are touching shit with your hands all the time which means they are dirty as hell and wound in your palm would get really easily infected.
I would know I got one to my hand week ago.

Was that for a blood sample or to fix his arm?

yeah fuck that. this shit was even in fargo though he cut other side

Punch themselves in the nose

To prove he was a robot to Miles Dyson.

>Pirate of the carrabian

Django Unchained

They do it everytime toe guys are going to become blood brothers or some similar ritual.

>toe guys

In the hanover movie where they become the blood pack.

The hunger games ... . . .

(You) Ok, name 50 movies where that happens.

Every Dragon Age game with blood mages

mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol mongol

Scene when they're trying to summon the boogeyman

Sorry senpai, fell for the iPhone meme and my fingers are too manly for a touchscreen

Stannis does is in the books, I rwally wish they kept this scene in the show
>"My brother's debts," the king was muttering. "Joffrey's too, though that baseborn abomination was no kin to me." Theon twisted in his chains. He knew that voice. Stannis.Theon Greyjoy chortled. A stab of pain went up his arms, from his shoulders to his wrists. All he had done, all he had suffered, Moat Cailin and Barrowton and Winterfell, Abel and his washerwomen, Crowfood and his Umbers, the trek through the snows, all of it had only served to exchange one tormentor for another."Your Grace," a second voice said softly. "Pardon, but your ink has frozen." The Braavosi, Theon knew. What was his name? Tycho... Tycho something... "Perhaps a bit of heat... ?" "I know a quicker way." Stannis drew his dagger. For an instant Theon thought that he meant to stab the banker. You will never get a drop of blood from that one, my lord, he might have told him. The king laid the blade of the knife against the ball of his left thumb, and slashed. "There. I will sign in mine own blood. That ought to make your masters happy."

Cubital fossa, just like when you need to take blood for medical reasons. Or the back of the hand, if there is a decent sized vein. Or on the radial side of the wrist, generally there is a good vein there too.

LOST

Not really.
He slices only part of his palm.
Not from pinky to thumb.
Stannis is, as always, the reasonable one

National Treasure

ROME.
minus the "we need blood" line.

Caesar does it before his battle with Pompey as sacrifice.

At least they have auto-healers things.

O SHIT YOU JUST REMINDED ME I HAVE A BAG OF SOURDOUGH PRETZELS IN MY PANTRY!

Hack writers projecting a subconscious urge to commit self-Injury

>character gets into massive brawl
>has no bruises or swelling in the face, only a little cut under his eye

>We need blood, Daniel!
>Don't worry, There Will Be Blood!
Literally threw away my PTA collection and put Fantastic Mr.Fox a movie made by an Anderson who isn't a hack.

;p;

Several movie adaptations of Hamlet after the ghost says
"Adeau, remember me! "

This is both one of the stupider parts of The Thing, and also one of the most effective gore-moments, because you can feel the pain. Must be part of the dramatic reason for the characters being stupid - to make the audience feel pain-by-proxy. Everyone's had a paper cut on their hand.

the dumb-simple squib-effect was described by Carpenter as one of the most effective gross-out moments for audiences in the whole movie. This just moments after Norris had been fried.

I always found it dumb how Windows just flicks the blade on his clothing after it's been shared(?) with others.

B v S

That's true I suppose. It hurts to watch people do that because it is something you can imagine happening.

It was a shitty movie but I remember "Kill List" has a scene at the start when his hand gets cut and it looked really realistic and made me feel uncomfortable.

literally the last movie I watched, The Handmaiden.

Just saw this an hour ago,strang things.
Fuck it always bugged me.
One movie a guy cut his palm,like op's pic,but only so he could prove he was nuts.
Even In supernatural(a show about demons) they will cut elsewhere,I guess from a production point of view,cutting your fore arm would be easier to hide,not fuck up scene to scene.

Made me lol.

Little flick called I Posted,I Got BTFO:the faggy shit poster.

Mimic by Guillermo Del Toro.

Could get blood from your dick,by kicking you mom in the jaw.

With you 100% OP. Bothers me every time.

I think that literally happened in an episode of Being Human US once.

>Does this trigger anyone else?

Me! It triggers me fucking hard. Never cut you hand.

Literally?

I never realized that was a GDT movie. Seems so obvious in hindsight.

It triggers me too user. Can't fucking stand it.

Better than cutting a finger

He disowned the movie though. A shame. It's pretty good and it would have been even better if the studios had let him do what he wanted.

arm or leg

Actually it happened in capeshit too.
all me btw

No pic no proof

>getting rekt this hard
I hope it was on purpose.

>"We need blood!"
>Character pulls down his pants and begins rapidly wiping his asshole

Does this trigger anyone else? I mean FUCK that shit fucking hurts you're basically disabling your butt.

The Neon Demon

my brother did that when he was drunk with one of his friends...he sliced his hand open and his buddy sliced his hand open and they shook hands, blood everywhere.

They should slit their wrists instead, so much better.