"Krypton" Gets Female Lead As Georgina Campbell Is Cast As A Zod

what a time to be alive

>EXCLUSIVE: British actress Georgina Campbell (After Hours) has landed the female lead of Lyta Zod in Krypton, Syfy’s Superman prequel pilot from David S. Goyer and Warner Horizon Television.

>Krypton is set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet. It follows Superman’s grandfather Seg-El — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed — as he fights to redeem his family’s honor and save his beloved world from chaos.

>Campbell’s Lyta Zod is a member of Krypton’s military caste and the daughter of a general, Alura Zod. Lyta Zod serves as a cadet — and has also been having a clandestine, forbidden romance with Seg-El (not cast yet).

deadline.com/2016/09/krypton-georgina-campbell-cast-female-lead-syfy-superman-prequel-1201812873/

>every character is cis

What a surprise. *eye roll*

>syfy

Jesus, again

Nigs in their containment shows please. Literally no one wanted this insulting shit.

All their other shows are decent so I guess this will be decent too. Not really worth tuning in unless you're a tween girl or Fatman.

>superhero show on SyFy
>the only channel that will give the show a lower budget than CW

It's gonna be great

>WE WUZ BRITISH N SHEEEEIT
>AYY MANE WE WUZ FUGGIN KRYPTON N SHEEEIIITT

>Krypton is set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet

Who cares about that shit? Krypton was just invented to explain Superman's powers and give him a weakness.

This and Gotham sound fucking stupid.

>Krypton
>Gotham

Can't wait for the Spiderman prequel called New York.

>Implying they wouldn't produce "The Parkers" about Peter's parents being SHIELD agents.

given what Sony tried to do with ASM2 this is plausible which is insane

>Female Lead
>Not just "Lead"
It's shit.

Alright.

Looking forward to

>Themyscira
>Speed Force
>Oa
>Atlantis
>Mars

Why would she be just "lead"? It's going to be an ensemble show. "Lead" implies she's the main character.

It's more along the lines "HEY THIS IS A WOMAN LEADING A SHOW LOOK AT THIS WOMAN. BOOBS AND VAGINAS RIGHT? FUCK OLD WHITE MALES!" Thats why the explicitly state Female Lead.

No, I don't think that's why they did it. You'd have to have some sort of mental problem to think that's why they did it, user, ha ha.

>Why would she be just "lead"?
Why not? I don't really care actually, the show sounds like shit.

eh, id watch her fuck an old white male

>"Lead" implies she's the main character.

>Lyta

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?

Yeah, why couldn't she be the main character?

oh great, another sack of complete bullshit because DC and Marvel won't use their AAA properties on TV where they might actually benefit from the serialized format

SNOOZE

Because she's not the main character. There is no main character.

> It's going to be an ensemble show.

This triggers the Sup Forumsyp

not just a female lead
a strong female lead
as she is general

Is Hollywood just trolling Sup Forums at this point? Like they've made enough money to last 1,000 lifetimes of luxury, now they spend their days shitcasting just to fuck with us.

>Syfy’s Superman prequel pilot from David S. Goyer

Will they ever learn?

>as she is general

No she's fucking not. Did you read? Did you even fucking read the article? Or even the OP? She's a fucking cadet. It says it right there.

>Lyta Zod serves as a cadet

She's a cadet. She's not the general. You just saw Zod and in your simple mind the phrase "General Zod" floated to the surface like shit in a swimming pool and you just went ahead and rammed your fingers into your keyboard and posted that post that you posted. You fucking retard.

>David S. Goyer
>Goyer and his brother Jeff were born in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and were raised by their mother. He is Jewish on his mother's side, and attended Hebrew school. He has stated that in regular school, "a lot kids beat me up, saying that I killed Christ. I was very consciously different... I grew up with something of a chip on my shoulder."

i find it absolutely incredible that this lady's character is going to be part of what eventually destroys the planet yet you people complain because she's black
AND EVEN BETTER: fucking clark's great great grandfather is fighting for "family honor and to save his world from chaos"

fucking hell

>Syfy
absolutely kino

WE WAZ KRYPTONIANS N SHEIT

It's definitely why it was created, but it's come to represent a lot more than that over time.

>She's a cadet. She's not the general. You just saw Zod and in your simple mind the phrase "General Zod" floated to the surface like shit in a swimming pool and you just went ahead and rammed your fingers into your keyboard and posted that post that you posted. You fucking retard.
I'm not that poster, but I was confused too and thought they were literally recasting the Zod that we all know and love as a black woman. The fact that it's plausible is what is really sad.

Hardly anyone's complaining? It's just kinda funny at this point.

Or maybe, you know, it's to differentiate her as the female sharing the spotlight with the male lead who'll be playing Seg-El.

Then you can't fucking read either. The subject line literally says "A Zod". One of the Zods.

Fucking hell lads this is not difficult stuff.

The characters.

>SEG-EL (20s) | An athletic and quietly confident member of the science caste decided to restore the lost honor of the House of El and save Krypton from destruction.

>LYTA ZOD (20's) | A reluctant warrior and outcast member of both the military caste and the House of Zod, one of Krypton's most prominent families. Lyta maintains a secret forbidden romance with Seg-El.

>DEV-EM (20s) | A chiseled, troublemaking bad boy affiliated with the military caste and Seg-El's nemesis.

>TER-EL I Seg-El's estranged father who has denounced his own father for his fringe experiments and is disappointed to see his son heading down the same destructive path.

>VAL-EL | Seg-El’s genius grandfather who defied death by going into the Phantom Zone, and is a staunch believer in space exploration.

>ALURA ZOD | Lyta's mother and the ruthless and pragmatic supreme commander of Krypton's military caste.

jumped the gun on the direct context of it being this thread

i've seen people triggered over it

pls forgive me senpaii

>already a "The Parkers"
>perfectly colored cast

Thanks Goyer

Every fucking time.

This isn't real, this can't be real, this isn't, fucking, happening. Please tell me this isn't r eal., please tell me this isn't real, please tell me this isn't real, please, please, tell me this isn't real. this can' tbe real. fucklllllllllllllllllll

why are you so distressed my good friend?

They wont even have superpowers. It will literally just be bad politics in space.

>Peña Dura
>The Agency

Fund it.

>SyFy
Jesus can't DCcucks catch a break?

Well played.

This.

Fuck this gay shit, I'm going to stick to the movies.

She is an earlier member of the Zod family?

Well Diveristy aside, It's not a problem if it's two generations before.

I don't want cape shows but if this show is soxty years prior and built arounbd Krypton, what do you Beta's fine wrong?

Who gives a fuck really? It's going to be a shitty show I won't watch anyway

>female Zod will never tell you to kneel
I never thought I would have these feels

> Krypton show
> on Syfy
> seemingly unrelated to Supergirl
> by David fucking Goyer
Nope.

I never even watched much of Supergirl, but it's fucking retarded to to one about life on Krypton when you already have Superman and Supergirl on another show.

There are so many better characters to do a show with. Fuck. Do a fucking Legion show even.

Plus Goyer is an asshole know it all that doesn't know jack shit.

Only thing that can save this clusterfuck is by introducing Brainiac.