Anyone use vinyls?

Anyone use vinyls?

Yeah small collection so far, mostly hip hop and jazz. I use a Pioneer PL-518 that I bought off this old dude for $25

I got a really small collection of vinyls. Last week I bought Queens of the Stone Age, Like Clockwork double vinyl.

Hipster faggot
>Inb4 they sound better

Nice, I want to collect some but I don't know what to get. I just got pic related

I don't buy vinyls "because they sound better" (they don't). But because of how big the cover art is. It makes you appreciate the cover more.

So that uncompressed sound meme?
It's not true, is it? My friend insist that vinyl is the last true recording of music and modern tracks are cut off and reduced.

I know mp3s are reduced and so on, but surely there is a format that stores music more precisely than it can be scratched into a vinyl.

I just think they're neat, I appreciate it more than a picture and audio file on my phone

I have no idea, I think anyone who claims vinyls sound better is full of shit though

I have a collection of dub plates from the early 2005 roots of Dubstep. Have a couple now but there only a couple.

Fuck outta here, baiting faggot.

sold all mine last year. Over 200 albums, mostly old old metal and then alternative and punk. Now I just need to sell my stereo. Nice Technics turntable, sony cd player and pioneer receiver and dual cassette deck. Not really sure where to sell it though.

Use condoms

Audio is always compressed. Uncompressed audio is fucking huge, like we're talking gigabytes.

Vinyls are actually quite limited in how much you can squeeze on one side without compressing it into high hell.

Why did you sell them?

took up too much room. I'm old and have too much stuff and I never listened to them anymore. You can find just about anything on youtube these days.

I did keep around 200 cd's but I took them all out of the jewel cases and stuck them in an album type thing.

To anyone that enjoys the type of music, Metallica Master of Puppets is phenomenal on vinyl.

The Rega Planar 6 has just been released. Looks like a big step up in terms of fit and finish, probably performance too.

Want to know vinyl's dirty little secret? When mastering a record the mastering engineer nearly always puts the audio through a delay to give them a chance to hear it just before it gets cut on the disc, i.e mastering engineer hears undelayed audio but the delayed audio is what actually goes onto the disc.. They do this so they know what is coming up audio-wise as this helps them maximise the quality/playing time ratio. It's a trade-off. More volume/quality = less playing time. The thing is, the delay is a digital delay....

>Audio is always compressed. Uncompressed audio is fucking huge, like we're talking gigabytes
Mfw you're full of shit.
>know mp3s are reduced and so on, but surely there is a format that stores music more precisely than it can be scratched into a vinyl.
APE and FLAC are a couple of lossless audio file formats that are popular amongst audiophiles

>vinyls
>vinyl(s)
>with an s

the plural of "vinyl" is "vinyl" you degenerate. "vinyls" isn't a word

if your hearing is so fucked you cant hear over say 10Khz then oh boy flac is fucking pointless for you
source: i cant hear the fucking difference.

I got a few. mostly all 90's hip-hop but some newer

Got a small collection of around 550. Mix of rock, classical, pop, soundtracks etc

I wouldn't say vinyl sounds "better", but it sounds different.

The main part is the ritual of selecting a vinyl, getting it out of the sleeve, placing it on the turntable etc. It's a different experience to just clicking an mp3 file

I own absolutely zero vinyls, as that's just a word used by retards.

Got quite a lot of records though, but then I'm just about old enough to remember when it was a choice of buying those or tapes, and tapes suck ten million shades of donkey penis.

It doesn't sound better but I am partial to the warmness of vinyl and how the mastering and production can have a dramatic effect on the sound. Also unlike MP3s there is no loss of quality over time. Lossless audio is a fine alternative but its hard to find certain things and it requires tons of hard drive space.

Exactly they're called fucking LPs or records or 45s I hate when people say oh nice Vinyl collection.

>I own absolutely zero vinyls, as that's just a word used by retards.
Spot the hipster faggot

Yeah a vinyl mix is sometimes different to a cd, and that's where the improvement in sound comes from.

Although I find that's mostly true with older releases, with modern ones not having a huge difference between vinyl or cd/mp3

Language evolves, get over it

Uninformed retard