So i tried out oblivion for the first time yesterday and i really like it

so i tried out oblivion for the first time yesterday and i really like it.
any non spoiler tips for a noob?

Youre a sad basement bubba.

No spoilers there.

Pretty good game. I see you're using the longest reach weapon in the gsme. If you're good at keep in your distance when they swing then you could out reach theirs and counter without getting hit

You die in the end

Shadows hide you

pick up conjuration and just spam it until like level 100. Then buy the deodroth summon. @ the mages guild can't remember what the city is called but top left chadonhal?

Find a nice tall rock and practice jumping off of it several hundred times to level your acrobatics. It helps as a marksman, a dagger wielding rogue, a pugilist, and as a mage that needs to get out of there quickly.

Also, don't let anyone tell you that restoration isn't important.

The leveling system is completely broken. If you're not leveling optimally, by the time you reach level 20 all the wandering animals are replaced with Minotaur Lords who can 1-shot you and have a billion HP.

Play Morrowind or Skyrim instead.

Spam the pick up button when collecting sigil stones to get more than one.

Don't get too attached to Lucien Lachance.

Acrobatics is key, I also enjoy running up hills while jumping. The slope a lows you to land almost instantly letting you jump rapid fire.

Also stealth is useful, if you break it enough you can sneak up to people, while in plain sight, and steal everything they have including the clothes they're wearing and they won't notice.

Of course go for the deadric items, they're amazing.

And if you plan to be stealthy, don't make stealth a major skill, because every time you level in sneak, it will go toward your hero level, which will take away from your combat efficiency by not leveling you to scale with the enemies in the world.

Hopefully my grammar isn't too fucked for you to understand what I mean by that.

Hackdirt is a good place to have a holiday

OP THIS. The leveling system in oblivion is FUCKED. If youre not doing super grindy min maxing to get maximum attributes every level up, the game gets stupidly hard. stay at level 16 or lower. If you hit 16 just never sleep again.

When you can craft a spell at the mages guild:

Time stops when talking to someone, so craft a charm spell and mercantile spell that has 100% effect but only lasts like 1 second.
Use it and immediately talk to a shopkeeper for the best deals

they have a weird underground spa where 12 hicks will massage you with wooden sticks

Def this, actually forgot all about that nightmare

Everyone I know says they love this game. I picked it up during the summer sale and it fucking sucked. I uninstalled it within the first hour of playing. The horrible combat, terrible quests, the imposible to navigate ui. It was so buggy that I coudlnt even talk to that fag in the castle by the oblivion gate.

What kind of diluted fuckwit honestly believes believes this was a good game? Or was it just good in it's time and everyone says it's better.

>swords without scabbards
wew

I see your dubs for bait, good bait

Super strong armor in the Crypt Southeast of the center city, easiest way to get good armor in the beginning

Chorrol

you are nerevarine incarnate, and will kill final boss Dagoth Ur, sorry for spoilzzz

press " ~ "

type: player.additem f 100000000000

press enter

close console

also, a spell like "5 fire damage for 3 seconds, 5 frost for 3, and 5 shock for 3" will deal 45 damage and cost almost nothing compared to a spell that just deals 45 straight

sry nerevar incarnate; aka nerevarine

Jump under the broken bridge at the lake inside anvil. Much faster.

it was great in its time and now it's a good game.
A bit repetitive, but that's a flaw of all the elders's scrolls games

>playing without bug fixes
shitwit its a Bethesda game, of COURSE its only good if you download the 3rd party bug fix patch.

I liked the campsite near leyawin, or whatever. Bogwater, near the black marsh. Nice homey atmosphere.

And then there's this bullshit. Every time I criticise this piece of shit game people just call it bait.

I'm starting to think you guys are the early 2000s version of shills.

I didn't even know that existed. Thanks, I'll look into it. Perhaps the game gets better after the first few hours.

Nigga I'm talking about leveling acrobatics. The bridge is a millimeter above your head, hence you Land immediately after jumping, allowing you to spam jump.

Anvil -> fighters guild -> rat mission -> turn difficulty up punch each rat and let them spam your heavy and light armor, heal with restoration.

also install some of the tons of mods out there..

And I'm talking about lots of steep hills and high rocks, plus a bed to rest in when you break your shitty, non-acrobatic legs or when you level up.

The bridge method is far faster than falling; dive rock is a better location for the fall method. And who the fuck picks acrobatics as a major skill?

Could be leveling up from the restoration used to fix the shitty, broken legs. And plenty of the preset classes have acrobatics as major skills.

Present classes are for niggers. Create a healing spell for 3 pts for 1 sec on self with fire damage 3 pts for 1 sec on self. Restoration gains from the fall method are minimal.

There is a lot of rage in you, user.

get a summon spell, and kick the ass of your
summon with bare fists.
level up in unarmed, summon and heal ftw.
Also, go FIRST to the mages guild and do the mage questline/travel FIRST. Being able too become invisible, drain health, summon dremoras and summon ALL your gear from thin air is fucking boss.

Trying to deflect from your shit knowledge of the game mechanics, I see.

Han solo dies at the end

lol just started this shit too, I've played Daggerfall (a bit), Morrowind and Skyrim a lot, and somehow missed Oblivion. looks allright so far

I just don't make custom spells, so understandably my knowledge of the subject would be limited.

Make your major skills shit you'll never use, then you can max every skill you actually use out and be level 2-3. Then you're op af and you can level at your leisure and always decimate all opponents