I listen to it

i listen to it

Other urls found in this thread:

songsterr.com/a/wsa/pixies-number-13-baby-tab-s15123t2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you like it?

I'm sorry

One of the more underrated activities one can do with a record. Excellent choice.

I want to, but I put the LP in a frame and hung it on my wall to show my mates how cool I am.

better than surfer rosa imho

nice job. me too.

yes
thank
stay away from my family
oh wow big boy
ok
wow

DE

Pretty fucking boring honestly. Another example along with Loveless and The Smiths in general that indiefags will call any top 40 tier pop rock a masterpiece if it has a different atmosphere/mixing approach.

GOT

hair in a girl

Are you the same guy who pretended to be Anthony fantano and made an AMA thread?

>if it has a different atmosphere/mixing approach.

yeah obviously if it's good and unique then it's a masterpiece

Nice quads, but those nor your post implies that they put a lot of work into making anything intricate. Unique always being good/masterpiece is a fallacy.

but it's also good. and it's very unique, what fucking record sounded like this in '89?

it's like the template for 90s indie/alternative

It's got hints of everything from surf to punk to The Beatles in its songs. Not unique at all.

>if it has influences it can't be unique

you're retarded dude. please show me a song that sounds like no. 13 baby before 1989

i'll wait

It's track that mostly consists of strumming simple power chords. That shits been there since the dawn of the guitar.

oh okay you're trolling. sorry

songsterr.com/a/wsa/pixies-number-13-baby-tab-s15123t2

Oh yeah! I forgot the totally unique pentatonic lead parts that totally haven't been a thing since the dawn of blues music and used by literally every rock band ever.

>ignoring the odd hypermeter
>ignoring the fact that most of his leads AREN'T in pentatonic
>ignoring Frank Black's offbeat lyrics and delivery

can't wait for you to just say that since each aspect has been done before nothing is original

is there any music you think is original? i'd love for you to show me so i can shit on it and show you its influences

>odd hypermeter
It's 4/4 mostly you retard. The parts where it switches to 2/4 has two measures of 2/4 so it's effectively 4/4 on that end as well. Sticking to even simple changes like this is also far from odd.
>AREN'T in pentatonic
You don't know what a pentatonic scale is if you think those aren't pentatonic.
>Off beat lyrics
Like that's unique, or even that offbeat that it's somehow complex. God forbid you listen to Captain Beefheart, forget Steve Reich's phasing techniques (both extremely unique takes on off beat musical delivery in music.) Or really any singer that sucks at timing his vocals with the rest of the music because that's what No 13 Baby sounds like instead of the clever rhythmic interplay or Beefheart or Reich.

>It's 4/4 mostly you retard. The parts where it switches to 2/4 has two measures of 2/4 so it's effectively 4/4 on that end as well.

i said HYPERMETER. learn to read, i'm sure you don't know the concept anyway. the pattern is 3 bars of 4/4 and then a bar of 2/4, which is a hypermeter of 14 bars. That's extremely uncommon in a rock song, especially at that time

>You don't know what a pentatonic scale is if you think those aren't pentatonic.

You clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Listen to the part at 2:29 again and tell me how that C# fits into the pentatonic scale

>God forbid you listen to Captain Beefheart, forget Steve Reich's phasing techniques
lmfao i knew this was coming

wew, buddy