Wtf I though this was supposed to be good and it ends up being some shitty ass Pop Rock album from the 60s

Wtf I though this was supposed to be good and it ends up being some shitty ass Pop Rock album from the 60s.

the Male singers voice is unbearable too.

trips confirms

>tfw I liked Nico before I found out how degenerate/batshit crazy she was

oh fuckin' well

did you like the tracks in which lou reed sings with a gay voice?

It's an innovative record, but one is fucking retarded if they think it aged well. Every single style they innovated on this record has been expanded on and done far better than anything on this or their other records.

>but one is

fucking cringe

kill yourself

Actually its one of the best albums of all time and your safuckin tetard

Some good tracks in there, I didn't enjoy most of it though. This album right here was when I understood how great they are.

>male singer
I thought that was Nico doing a gay voice

kek

Whenever you judge whether or not something aged well it's fucking retarded to judge if it sounds old or new compared to music released after it, you have to put it against what was released when the record was contemporary. This record was made before both of Johnny Cash's prison albums, for example, yet it sounds decades newer than either of them.

>correct grammar is cringe
>kys
Not a real argument. Ad hominem.

The epitome of a band more famous for their image than their music.

I'm not making an argument you fag, I'm telling you to kill yourself for your terrible opinion

But that defeats the point of something being TIMLESS or greatest OF ALL TIME.

>thinks someone telling you to kill yourself is an argument

Context is important in all art, only lazy cunts that don't want to do research disagree.

>getting triggered and crying like a bitch with ad hominems due to being btfo this hard
Lmao
I also forgot that the record also becomes less worthy of a listen as well.

but you are would've worked fine. but you chose to pick the supreme gentleman option.

fucking cringe

No, it doesn't because if you're trying to see if something was ahead of its time you need to see what was actually happening during its time.

I take great pleasure in listening to this than the majority of the punk records it supposedly spawned.

I literally said not an argument.
Yes, but historical context only matters on the history side of it, not the actual musical one. Thus it's comparatively weak on the musical side.
Sorry for having correct grammar? Man, you guys find the dumbest shit to get mad about.
I never said it's not innovative. Ahead of time doesn't always imply timeless masterpiece , neither does innovation.

>Ahead of time doesn't always imply timeless masterpiece
It does inherently imply that it aged well though in comparison to what else was out around its time though.

The feelings and ideas the music gives you take on a different life in the light of its history. They're inseparable, unless you literally only care about the notes on the paper, which no intelligent person does.

But the punk and noise rock is a lot more loud/visceral. The dreampop/shoegaze is far more advanced in its composition, delivering a more in-depth atmosphere. Later noise rock/noise based groups were able to explore microtones and atmospheres in ways this nor WLWH could imagine. Post-rock like Slint and GYBE make Heroin look amateurish by comparison. I can keep going on and on with this.

>Sorry for having correct grammar? Man, you guys find the dumbest shit to get mad about.

its not about correct grammar moron. i'm cringing as you choosing the most spergy autist ways possible to communicate.

do you greet people in real life by saying how art thou in your best english accent?

That doesn't mean any of it is better to listen to. You realize you're trying to argue objectively about something that's subjective, right?

And I really don't think you've listened to much Pop Rock from the 60s if you think most of it sounded like anything off TVU&N.

It depends on what it's being compared to. A lot of Summer Of Love-core? Yeah probably better off than that. But intricate masterworks of pop like God Only Knows or Strawberry Fields Forever which still haven't been matched in their complexity by modern pop? It's not even close.
Notes on apaper? Wtf are you on about? Are you one of those ignorant music fans who thinks anyone that knows more is automatically a pretentious faggot?

False equivalence. You used old English. I used contemporary grammar rules. My guess is that you have either always been around uneducated people, never had to write some, never had to be in a professional environment or all three.
>m-muh music is subjective
Sure, your enjoyment of it is. How far a musician goes with certain ideas can be objectively observed.

>never had to be in a professional environment or all three.
And Sup Forums is none of those so you deciding to use said grammar rules makes you come across as an obnoxious twat.

>Sure, your enjoyment of it is. How far a musician goes with certain ideas can be objectively observed.
That's not what started this discussion. You're the one who implied it wasn't good in the OP. See >I though this was supposed to be good

>How far a musician goes with certain ideas can be objectively observed.
I apologize, I just realized >and done far better than anything on this or their other records.
was your first post. And still you were the one bringing subjectivity into the argument.

>False equivalence. You used old English. I used contemporary grammar rules. My guess is that you have either always been around uneducated people, never had to write some, never had to be in a professional environment or all three.

just cringed again mate.

You don't understand basic mucore. You're the perfect example of being stupider than the average person on this board.

>Sup Forums is none of those
Dude you aren't making sense right now. Sup Forums definitely has writing and educated (hopefully) people involved. The fact that you're still going on about something so small says a lot more about you than me. Stop wasting your time on this.
Expansion of sounds and ideas is for sure objective though idk what you're on about.

>understand basic Sup Forumscore
Wtf does this even mean? Why can't any of you post more substantive comments?

>done far better
>better
is subjective.

You're talking to more than one user right now, I hope you realize this.

>he thinks using the word 'one' as a pronoun makes him seem 'educated' and 'professional'

expansion of sounds != better use of those sounds.

The Band's whole aesthetic on their first two albums was an expansion of what Dylan was doing on John Wesley Harding, that doesn't inherently make it better.

The ideas themselves have become far better due to what they became. The rest is subjective.
I don't know this example well enough to say anything about it. But expanded ideas makes for more objectively engaging music to exist.

>!=

this isn't fucking javascript you idiot, use the correct character: ≠

I have always hated this album, but today it really started growing on me, and now I love it.

Sunday morning is a blessed song tf. I don't really remember the rest tho

Literally just play me Sister Ray until I'm fucking dead

>Thinks Strawberry Fields Forever hasn't been matched in complexity by modern pop
>Literally John Lennon trying to act trippy and a couple seconds of psychedelic sounding/trying far too hard to be raga guitar playing with "orchestral" accompaniment

Back off buddy, he might be a retard, but he's also my friend. No one messes with my friends!

so does nu mu prefer green day, weezer, and ween over VU and nico?

Ween? Possibly. People REALLY fucking like the Mollusk on this board (not that it's not a great album but... come on man). Green Day and Weezer I hardly see mentioned here, which is the way it should be.

I can actually sense that you have no friends. Only friendless people talk like you.

>Oh, look! It's THIS thread again!

Nice trips, but it's a pretty good album imo

There's a couple of tracks I skip but overall it's pretty good. I love Heroin and All Tomorrow's Parties

>he doesn't like TVU&N
what a clon

bump