Would you consider a serious relationship with girl in massive debt?

Would you consider a serious relationship with girl in massive debt?

6 months in, practically living together, she drops the bomb on me saying she has "about" 5k credit card debit (which "about" makes it 10k in my mind) and 40k in student loans.

She has a decent job as a nurse but 50k seems deep.

What would you do Sup Forums ?

>pic not really related

Well she's a female, so she's going to take all your money anyway, so it doesn't really matter

Consider selling kidneys

Who care's, it's her debt. Just avoid getting married

Your fucked mate.
Either you stay with her and the debt fucks up both your lives.
Or you leave her and she pursues you for the money.
If there's anyway to insulate yourself from your partners debt in your country then do it, but that's just gunna make her resent you and probably won't even matter when people come to take your home as she's living there too.

Relationship, yes, living together, no.

If she's making more than 50k+ at her job, she's not in THAT bad of shape. As long as she's paying it off.

Whatever you do, NEVER offer to help, even if she loses her job. DO NOT mingle your finances.

The moment you take responsibility, she will take it for granted.

If she's pushing for marriage after only 6 months, she just wants to use you.

5k is not a lot of money, though as long as she pays it off alone it is fine, tell her to drop creditcards.

Depends how far she wants to take her nursing career. I know a nurse with a shitton of qualifications and her new job just offered to move her entire family out to the west coast.
She's basically a consultant for massive telehealth corporations like Epic Systems You start rolling in money if you can make it to administration level.

Real question should be do you like her enough to weather through this debt, and will she not steal from your bank account. Also, don't get a linked bank account, one of you will take advantage of it if you break up.

Consider it? sure. the 40k in student loans is whatever. you can suspend those payments when you don't have a job, defer them for a year, whatever.

the 5k in creditcard debt is waaaaay more worrysome. Sounds like you need to sit down and have a budgeting excercise.

Make a plan to build yourselves an emergency fund, say $2k, in the bank, live entirely off your incomes, and pay the debt off. should be doable within a year?

credit card's aren't for living off of. they're for booking hotels, car rentals, plane tickets, and buying a new water heater with, because they offer you immediate cash and protection. And then you go back and sort out the money from your vacation or emergency fund, etc, and pay the card off next week, within this month, so you don't have to pay any interest on the loan.

Always funny to read sensible stuff on Sup Forums

I think you need to understand that she is the kind of person that puts herself in 5k credit card dept on top of student loans, fixing this problem won't solve anything she is still the kind of stupid and irresponsible person that gets into a mess like this, meaning no offence. But if you clean up this mess chances are you'll never stop cleaning.

you're fine for now, just test her out more before you actually move in together. then you're common-law (depending on where you live)

meet the mom and dad, too. see what they're like. maybe they'll help out

>meet the mom and dad
This this this, when I moved out with my now ex the dad paid off some of her debt to start us off fresh

Student debt is fine since most people 18 to 30 will have some nowadays.

Credit card debt of any amount is a huge problem. It's indicative of a lot of problems down the road.

I've had 2 gf's I lived with for over a year. The one with only student loans was great with money and was chipping away at it. The one with credit card debt (less debt than the other girl overall) would be out of money as soon as she got it. Didn't matter how much, she would be withdrawn again in 1 day's time. She was untrustworthy and eventually ended up stealing from me.

This sounds like my sister inlaw, her name isn't Stephanie is it?

How's her credit?

With a nursing degree she can make really good money as a travel nurse. At least she got a useful degree. Plus, I think there are gov. programs that will significantly reduce the amount of student loans you pay if you work for a non-profit.

Debt is a non issue if she is breeding material

They aren't even living together. Learn to read.

Stay away from credit cards! They basically fucked up my life. But, 5,000 shouldn't be too hard to pay off, if you guys don't have a lot of bills or kids. I'm afraid most people have a shit ton of debt these days.

thats manageable so long as nursing job is an option

pimp her out for cash, ill be the first taker give you $200 bucks just a quickie