What is life like in a town of 2000 people? Is there a lot of gossip about everyone knowing everyone?

What is life like in a town of 2000 people? Is there a lot of gossip about everyone knowing everyone?

>2000 people
>town
Why is every settlement in America called town or city? It would be a village here.

village is used, but it seems a bit pretentious and europy.

Town is the correct word

I think that's just because "village" sounds more informal desu.

It just sounds silly. Town with 2000 inhabitants.

American villages look really cool

>What is life like in a town of 2000 people
Really quiet. I mean in european villages there's often a lot of old people so that's why it's really quiet

Drugs, old houses, nice people, nature, poor.
Never lived in one though.

God forbid a country founded by Europeans and populated by European descendents with a government formulated on European enlightenment thinking do anything "Europe ", that would be pretentious.

You can use a qualifier like small and call it a small town. See how that works?

2000 is a small town, too big to be a village.

I live in a village of around 1000 people. Quiet and comfy, everyone is friendly and white.

I grew up in a small town in north Florida but now I live in DC. Would not go back, there's nothing to do so everyone is either on drugs or always doing church stuff or sometimes both. No economy means the only jobs are shit jobs like restaurants or retail

I get good drugs and party my ass off when I visit home but otherwise it's really boring.

I wish I could live in a comfy sleepy small town in the Northeast, Instead I live in near-the-ghetto but far away enough Washington DC

>Is there a lot of gossip about everyone knowing everyone?
yeah, absolutely

>American villages look really cool

Only a small amount of them look quaint and inviting, like you would see in a movie or tv show. The rest are boring pieces of shit, and (even in the nice looking towns) you probably wouldn't enjoy staying there for more than a day or two as a foreigner.

I kind of imagine them like the villages in GTA San Andreas, basically just an intersection with a gun store and a liquor store.

Dude Maryland is the shit there are a lot of pretty towns and scenery here all of it is 30 minutes to an hour's drive away from DC. Add on an extra 2 or 3 hours and you can enjoy the nature on the eastern shore, it's really pretty. Maryland has the nick name of America in miniature and it's true. Even Baltimore (pic related) has that comfy small town American charm when you're away from the drug hell holes.
Maryland isn't a big state it's super easy to explore it, Virginia, and Pennsylvania.

Yep for the sake of simplicity that's almost exactly what they are.

More like settlement

The US is literally "fuck Europe": the country

You single handedly made me want to travel there

I'm not that poster, but I have also been to Maryland. The cool thing about it is that it's in the middle of the East Coast, where all of the states are tiny. What that means is that if you're willing to drive a few hours, you can visit all of the oldest and most culturally important buildings in the USA just by going to Maryland.

I live in a village of about a thousand people and it's great, I wouldn't go anywhere else. Sure, old ladies are very aware of their surrounding but there's nothing horrible about it. To be honest, they're like local news announcers.

Fun fact: Slovenia is the EU country with the lowest rate of urbanisation (50% in 2012and it's apparently stagnating and possibly even falling slightly).

I think it's pretty great living here, I have access to so much. Outside of the nature, you can easily get to other major cities in quick time. The nations capital is 45 minutes away from me. Philadelphia is 2 hours and I can hop on a early morning train or bus and be in NYC by 12 afternoon.

Pic related is a photo of the wild horses that live in heards on Assateague island. They'll come down to the beach and jack some of your food.

Living here is awesome.

Don't skip Baltimore, a lot of people just see the bad shit on TV and are always surprised by how nice it is, plus Maryland food is great and Baltimore is a good place to taste much of it.

Not at all, only dumbfucks think that, they're literally just as bad as Europeans who spout anti-Americanism.

it's fucking soulless and rural.

t. father is from a 2k people town

"Pueblo chico, infierno grande"
(Small village, big troubles)

Pahrump, Nevada has 30,000 people and it's still an unincorporated community.

>soulless
So just like the cities then

There is a bit of gossip, but it is difficult to know everyone. It is kinda fun