Tobacco enthusiast here, let's talk about Nicotine withdrawal

Tobacco enthusiast here, let's talk about Nicotine withdrawal.
Background:
>Love cigars, pipes, snuff, dip, chew, and snus
>don't like nicotine buzz
>still use tobacco anyway because it tastes/smells good
>aware of health risks so it's consumed in moderation
>quit every so often to be sure I do it when I want and not when I "need"
Currently I'm in my quitting period because I can tell I've become truly addicted, but the withdrawal isn't nearly as bad as I thought. Currently I have a mild headache and a small impulse to reach for snuff or dip but it isn't that bad. Anybody else have experience with this?

Wtf withdrawal are you talking about?
I've been smoking various tobacco products for roughly 15 years and have no problems stopping for 6 months at a time.

I am at work rn, its been roughly 14 hours since my last dip and really i just am antsy, a lil tired, and chew my bottom lip. Could be worse.

Typically addicted people suffer cravings, headaches, and mood changes when trying to get off according to places like the CDC and WebMD. I feel the headaches and cravings, but they're not the unbearable "I GOTTA HAVE A SMOKE OR I'LL DIE" kind of cravings I was expecting. Specifically I'm addicted to dip and snuff, I couldn't go out once with out an upper decker or taking a pinch of snuff up the nose. Now I just leave it at home and don't feel much different.

You trying to quit, cut down, or just happened to leave it?

I dip one or two pouches a day, i'm definitely addicted, but I when I need to stop for a couple weeks or so (traveling, etc.) its never really an issue and I stop thinking about it after a day or so.

Weird, you'd think it'd hit harder.
>pouches
What di you dip?

Shameless self bump, Skoal is the worst dip on earth.

Nah fam I used to use Skoal berry blend pouches on long drives because I refused to smoke in my car. Still miss that shit sometimes but I quit smoking after 17 years Jan 1st this year

How do you dip that shit?

I started with Wintergreen and one day the store clerk gave me the wrong can and I was in too much of a hurry to notice. Said fuck it, put in a pouch, and really liked the flavor so I stuck with it.

Ask your doctor for Wellbutrin. I took it for two months when I finally quit. Made it a lot easier.

Well, someone's gotta do it. My first dip was Skoal Wintergreen amd the flavor was overwhelmingly bad on my palate.

Well, someone's gotta do it. My first dip was Skoal Wintergreen and the flavor was overwhelmingly bad on my palate.

That's the thing though, it's underwhelmingly easy already.

Goddamn it, didn't mean to send that twice.

I'm 19 and only started actively smoking a few months ago. I probably go through 2-3 packs per week and couldn't see myself smoking any more than that. What I've noticed is that it's more of a mental addiction rather than physical. I never felt the NEED to have a cigarette, I've only ever WANTED a cigarette. I can stop, I just don't want to. Anyone else smoke Camel Turkish Royal?

holy fuck then what the fuck are on about kys

its a nicotinic acetylcholine receptor antagonist. Literally speeds the withdrawl period up 10x

you didnt have to point it out now you look like a faggot

>Be me.
>smoke since 15, 39 now
>get sent to behavioral wing for attempted suicide
>getonpatch.jpg
>don't smoke for 6 days straight
>finally released
>buy smokes
>quitting is for pussies

Funny, you and I use tobacco for opposite reasons.

I hate the smell and taste, but enjoy the buzz also enjoy the act of smoking. I just smoke cigarettes or spliffs with herb/tobacco mix.

Plenty of experience, iv'e had to quit several times before, whenever I felt as if I needed a dip, I chew gum or throw some sunflower seeds in my mouth, I also take an aspirin when I start to get a headache, and take about 12 mg of melatonin or valerian root to help me sleep through the withdrawals, also, just keep yourself busy.

It took me a year or more or smoking to become addicted. Now I've been smoking just about a pack a day for 3 or 4 years. The thought of going a work day without smokes is uncomfortable but not too bad.

It had helped me not want to smoke before but didn't work this last time

Did you not read the OP? It's explicit that going tobacco free for me is surprisingly easy.

I'm OP, it's assumed regardless.

By smell, I mean nasal snuff-pulverized tobacco you gently sniff into your nostrils.

It took me over a year to get addicted to snus, i have been using for five. But right now i am using nicotine gum.

That reminds me, have you or anyone else here tried those nicotine packs they sell in convenience stores?

Bump

yeah that's why barely anybody smokes

i cant even get addicted to cigarettes or chew because its so fucking unhealthy, i cant even enjoy a deep inhale from a cigarette because i just know how bad it is.

OP here, that kind of thing got me off cigarettes fast. Back when I was in high school I had a smoking phase that last 6 months and after a while I started to feel dead inside. Nowadays I associate cigarettes with depression subconsciously and can't finish them. Stogies and pipe tobacco on the other hand are like magic.

you are not addicted to it then, you just enjoy it

Whats the difference between physical and mental? Seems to have the same outcome.

Nah I'm definitely addicted, see

OP here;
Physical means your body has cultivated a dependence on the chemical. Psychological is your mind unwilling to part with the pleasures it brings. All pleasurable things can be psychologically addictive, but only chemicals are physically addictive. Among the top is nicotine.

ooo did read that far, im in the same situation as you lol I gotta go up town tomorrow morning to get some, except I love the fucking high it gives me, but it doesnt work after the first pouch in the day

What do you dip?

griz wintergreen pouches