Songs you misunderstood the meaning and ruined it for you

I took this song literally and thought it was an extremely deep existential crisis song. It turns out it's just another love song.

The end of the acapella version here is burned into my mind from listening to it in my late teens right out of high school. It's so fucking powerful and profound, to be some stupid love song, I don't want to believe it.

youtube.com/watch?v=OvNXPkK7JY8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZuWkVqum6a8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The fuck are you talking about?

I had no clue what surfer girl meant til a few days ago.
I was wondering what ''do you love me do you surfer girl'' meant

I thought it was asking if the girl surfed.

retard

what part confuses you

I know

every good thing about the beach boys is ruined by their americana cant wait to bone an apple pie ideological lyrics.
unlistenable.

Everything you've said is true, just that love is the catalyst for these self-pitying feelings.

I thought God Only Knows was some clever shit about how a god only knows what i'd be without him existing, or something mind bending like that.

but no, it's literally a love song brian wrote for a girl he had to go away from for touring and shit. that's it. nothing profound about it.

What the fuck did you expect from a song on an album that's entirely about romance?

Not me, but pic related makes me cringe every time because the words are obviously "it's all in your hands"

The profound part is in the composition.

i thought LIttle Old Lady from Pasadena by Jan and Dean was about an old lady who drove fast, but it turns out that

>the little old lady from pasadena
>has a pretty little flower bed of white gardenias

it's all about old grandma pussy and white pubic hair

>listening to music for lyrics

>I took this song literally and thought it was an extremely deep existential crisis song. It turns out it's just another love song.
are you that fucking mentally retarded to listen to Pet sounds for the lyrics
what difference does it fucking? make Brian Wilson is a composer. Pet Sounds is good music not good poetry you fucking autism lord
honestly if you wanna cry over lyrics head over to Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, or some other boring folk piece of shit

Why are the lyrics worse because of that ??

First heard this is in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and loved it, but when I listened to it later on the soundtrack outside of the movie I realized it's about getting cucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZuWkVqum6a8

Dumbass.

As if the lyrics of boy bands are to be taken seriously and analyzed.

>if you wanna cry over lyrics
>Lou Reed

>folk
>Lou Reed

>Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, or some other boring folk piece of shit
>Bob Dylan
>Boring
Would you care to elaborate on which artists aren't boring to you? I'm sure Nobel prize in literature just doesn't do it for someone as special as you.

I dont mean he's actually folk I mean his music is strummy strummy memery

They literally only write love songs. They had Parks come in and write Surf's Up, but it's literally gibberish with useless holocaust references.

parks and brian once said that
the point of smile was to make music for the ears
and that the lyrics didnt have to make any sense
after mike had objected

listen to Till I die