Horror movie thread Sup Forums

Horror movie thread Sup Forums
Best horror movies you've seen

Other urls found in this thread:

videos.files.wordpress.com/ye3jLBhI/18008149_1162264480552611_4218290524764766208_n_dvd.mp4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three..._Extremes
imdb.com/title/tt0472458/?ref_=nv_sr_2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

scary movie 2

Really liked

It Follows
Don't Breathe

But BEST horror movies? Umm...

Ouija: The Beginning
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Mothman Prophecies
The Fourth Kind (kinda shitty movie but scares me)
Signs

Hmm...
Don't Breath doesn't even look bad, and it has decent reviews.

This movie gave me nightmares

Fourth Kind was 2 spooky 4 me

I just turn on the news

Can anyone think of the name of a lesser known but recent (in the last 5 or so years) alien abduction movie where nothing really happens until the end where there's a broken flashing bedroom light and in the strobes you see the aliens come and take the kid or something?

nm i found it finally: Dark Skies

None of these are even scary. Horror movies now are either just mystery movies with extra death or it's a gore fest with no real elements of fear.

Or some teenage drama with a string of jump scares and a 'twist' ending that surprises no one ever.

that's why i made these threads, horror movies rarely scare me anymore
especially when i'm watching them with friends

The Notebook

3scary5me

nigga

The Exorcist - hands down.

kek

the "scariest" scenes from that movie are more funny than anything, such an overrated movie

The Augut Underground series was pretty good.

Is this the movie where the detective is investigating the female psychiatrist, and then at the end the kid is transported through the roof of the house?

Might download The Fourth Kind then. Thanks, user.

You are thinking of the fourth kind, not sure if thats what the other poster was thinking of

don't remember that but it was Dark Skies that I was trying to describe

The best I have seen recently:

The Babadook
The Autopsy of Jane Doe (HIGHLY recommended)
10 Cloverfield Lane

Also shout out to Hammer Horror, fucking love those films.

haven't seen any good horror movies
out of the stuff i've seen, Lights Out was good and Cabin in the Woods is silly but okay.

>The Conjuring
>Family moves in a new creepy house
>Dog growling at the door
>Strange noises the first night
etc etc etc.
Always the same shit, no originality, boring AF.

13 ghost

Seen the .gif from this movie so many times, but never sat down and actually watched it.

The Ring (2002)

scared the shit out of me when i was young, still one of the only horror movies that makes me feel uneasy

I tell people its an experience but nothing to write home about...

martyrs

Some of the Korean horror movies are with watching. American movies just rehash the same concepts and scenes over and over.

Rosemary's Baby.

Even if it is old, it is still one of the best horror movies out there.

Jump scares don't count towards horror.

BOOO!

I'm a horror movie fan and I've seen a lot of them. The scariest ones in my opinion is:
The conjuring
The conjuring 2
Lights out
Paranormal activity
The haunting

the blair witch is alittle spoopy last i remembered

>the haunting
that was terrible

the first insidious

all faggot shit

Dark skies

WTF ???
Watches at 0 $?

lights out
oculus
conjuring 1,2
babadook
don't breathe
get out
the ring
the witch
sinister

Talk about garbage
>summerfag detected

I've always believed that horror movies suck. I think they are pretty boring and poor. Never in my life have I seen one that I liked. I've only seen a few movies in my life, but recently I've wondered, Will there be a good horror movie? I'm a little interested now
What do you think? Which movie has been good for you? Which horror movies are good?

I can see that. Hell, I watched Salò just to say I've seen it.

>Hammer Horro
Whats that? imdb link?

all of these movies are complete trash
your taste in movies is so bad that it triggered me into responding

best bait ive seen all day

>Drag me to hell
Like Army of Darkness, but a little more serious (not much), awesome special effects and it's classic Sam Raimi.

>Hatchet 1 & 2
Ode to 80s practical effects slashers. Awesome kills, fucking Kane Hodder, tons of cameos, nice atmosphere, and awesome effects.

>Green Room
Not really a horror, I guess. Gruesome kills and mutilations, AMAZING acting, neonazi skinhead story that actually comes off realistic, fantastic soundtrack.

Hammer Horror was a British horror studio in the, uh, 60? 70s? They made all those old Dracula, Wolfman, Mummy movies. If it has Peter Cushing and/or Christopher Lee in it, it's probably Hammer Horror.

i hate the kids face

Hands down Martrys. NO jumpscares just purely disturbing all the way through. Fuck the remake though

Oh right on

im not a murderer is pretty good it suprised me

The gate

Always creeped me out

Is that with the kid with serial killer tendencies? That movie surprised me too, was way better than I thought it was gonna be. It's a bit like Odd Thomas, but more horror.

>The gate
Holy shit I forgot about that movie, great flick. Need to watch it again, haven't seen it in probably 20 years

Can't find this one?

Gave me nightmares

He might mean I am not a serial killer.

The x files

Ohh yeah. Good movie

My favorite as a kid. But the last scene is shit. Her make up is shit. Ruins the mystery of the original.

user. I'm a horror fan too and I think this is bait. I hope it is.

A clip from my favorite horror movie
Can you guess what it is?

videos.files.wordpress.com/ye3jLBhI/18008149_1162264480552611_4218290524764766208_n_dvd.mp4

Or he might just be into supernatural horror. Different strokes for different folks.

Im gonna get so much shit on that but i really liked blair witch projekt

Edgy Motherfucker 4?

Dude, me too. Big time.

Dude, I love that movie. The first one. I love how the director fucked with those actors for a few weeks to drive them insane. And I love how you don't really see exactly what happens so that your imagination can fill in the blanks and make it extra scary, customized for your particular brain.

Unpleasant and good movie

This is the best horror movie

What's the name of that one Korean movie where it's like a documentary on this one nurse who I believe ate a whole bunch of aborted babies? Really wanna watch it again

Yeah, I don't understand why they changed stuff in the remake. The movie lost its power completely. I'm not against remakes at all, but the Martyrs one was just bad...

The Funny Games remake was really good. Then again, it was made by Haneke himself and he apparently intended the original one to be shot in the US with American actors but couldn't pull that off because of the budget.

I've never seen it, but I found this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three..._Extremes

If that's it, I'm gonna watch it. Sounds fun. You might like Evil Feed too. About a secret restaurant that serves human flesh. It's an asian comedy horror. A bit quirky, but I really enjoyed it.

>WTF ?

Watches at 0 $?

three extremes

Dumplings?
imdb.com/title/tt0472458/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I really enjoyed [Rec]. Great atmosphere.

That list is not "horror", that list is "jumpscare"

I know what you're talking about, just watched it a few months back. Flipping through my IMDB ratings list because I can't remember the name

Stand by..

yeah, sequels were shitty tho

Not a horror movie, but a documentary. Crystal Lake Memories. It's a seven or eight hour long documentary (yeah, really) about all the Friday the 13th movies. They start with the first one and spend a good half hour or so per movie. Stuntmen, actors, writers, directors, it's an awesome watch. There's a book too with tons of behind the scenes stories and pictures. Really worth it for any Friday the 13th fan.

If only Kane Hodder was allowed to have done Freddy vs. Jason. Kane's Jason was such a fucking beast.

Ridley scott's alien and the blair witch project are both really good.

I'm afraid I have to say it's neither of these. I feel like the name had ring or one in it but all my searching doesn't give me much

It's not really my kind of thing either, but those are definitely horror movies. Jump scares are getting old though yeah... Have you played Until Dawn? You unlock behind the scenes interviews as you play. One of those literally shows you how they tweaked certain scenes on jump scare alone. Sound a little harder, that kind of stuff. Just write something scary, geez...

cringe

I thought the second was ok, but yeah, 3 and 4 suck the big one.

BOOM, found it! Noroi, The Curse

The devil inside
Good atmosphere and nostalgic 70s feel

Thank you that movie was excellent for me

np, I enjoyed it enough to watch it twice.