It's easy to prove how religion has been responsible for the murder of many human beings throughout time

It's easy to prove how religion has been responsible for the murder of many human beings throughout time.

Can you prove if atheism has ever been responsible for mass murder? I bet you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Terror_(Spain)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Terror_(Spain)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Soviet_Union
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Crusade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Militant_Atheists
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what is marxist communism

>jews are responsible form most murders
ftfy

I believe niggers need to be cleansed because they are violent animals. Not because of some phony God's instructions.

Christians dont abort their own children. Neither do Seiks, Catholics, Buddhists, etc etc etc etc

STFU violent animal.

Does anyone know when atheism was formally penned as an ideology anyway?

I don't think it was until post-enlightenment right?

Most philosophers would think its a pretty fucking stupid ideology as it is.

I mean I understand agnostics point of view; but atheism?

Literal fedora

probably because when faced with adversity atheists roll over and give up.

Actually, it's the people who are responsible for mass murder.

One could argue this is far worse though. :^)

>post a pic of the kkk for christian mass murderers
>when black people kill there more of there own in one year then the kkk has in there entire existence
ebin

Even if he didn't kill any jew.
He killed elder people and gypsies because they're unable to work.

The killings weren't in name of atheism.

abortion is not murder

>Does anyone know when atheism was formally penned as an ideology anyway?
Never. Atheism is just when someone doesn't believe in a deity. Nothing more

Not in the name of atheism

The Militant Atheist League of the USSR op.

/thread

>The killings weren't in name of atheism.
Actually. Stalin ordered the death and destruction of orthodox Christians and churches SPECIFICALLY because he wanted atheism to be the state belief.

So murder in the name of a ideology makes the ideology wrong somehow?
It just proves the ideology is strong

>Actually. Stalin ordered the death and destruction of orthodox Christians and churches SPECIFICALLY because he wanted atheism to be the state belief.

Source?

And destruction of property is not the same.

>And destruction of property is not the same.

>Hey guess what Christians. Im going to totally destroy every gathering area you own and forbid you to ever reconstruct them so your religion scatters and its easier to reprogram you to atheism.

I ask the difference between forced brainwashing and death.

>forced brainwashing

It's precious coming from a christian, isn't it?

>Christianity
>forced

>Christianity
>forced

a little, yes.

Destructuion of property, and the killings of some priests and bishops. Best you can get?

Please tell me how Christianity is forced? Are you punished for being an atheist? I don't know what your threshold for mass murder is, but thousands of dead Christians would likely fit that criteria.

FUCK RELIGION.

>lol evidence. is that the best you can get?

>t. ISIS

columbine shootings.

>it's easy to prove
No, and my standard response to this immaturity is "study theology seriously or do not presume to talk to people." You don't know who Florovsky or Moss are you but take for granted that everyone is dumber than you.

you understand agnostic because it fits your interests of labbel every fucking human mind/psyche to your stupid religious belief system so you can get confy in your space.

Why not stoping parasite peoples minds with your labbels?

Its like isis suddendly shows is your life and all the sudden you have to choose between pay jizah or convert

you religious people are indeed control freacks

Agnostic is the most logical standpoint. There is literally no way to know God doesn't exist. So instead of assuming He does or doesn't, the logical mindset would be one of neutrality.

>what is the USSR?

Fuck off with this "atheism." That's as bad as calling people "cis."

There are people, and then there are religious people. Religious people are a subset. I don't need a fucking adjective to be normal. But in 2016 I'm suddenly a "privileged cis non-trans atheist."

Who the hell defines himself as not being something? Fucking asinine.

why the fuck you have to parasite my life with your stupid god?
Because I really dont care for your pathetic ape urge of finding a god or explanations for the existence of one.

Keep it to your self dont drag a all civilization to your limited existence

>Please tell me how Christianity is forced?

Tradition (parents force religions onn their sons). Societal pressure. Nowadays that these factors have been substantially diminished, atheism is on the rise.

>Are you punished for being an atheist?

no

>I don't know what your threshold for mass murder is, but thousands of dead Christians would likely fit that criteria.

My point is that if those thousands killed in the name of atheism is the best you can get, then i can give you examples of Christian mass slaughters.

>There is literally no way to know God doesn't exist.

And there is no proof that god exists. You can't prove that something doesn't exist, when it doesn't exist.

Not in the name of atheism. Try again

(You)
why the fuck you have to parasite my life with your stupid atheism?
Because I really dont care for your pathetic ape urge of hedonism and arrogance.

Keep it to your self dont drag a all civilization to your euphoric existence

>religions are one person
>everything done in that name of said religion is obviously the responsibility of the religion and not the interpretation of the followers
>atheism is one person
>you can do something in the name of lacking belief
What?

The murder of 37 priests, brothers and seminarians by leftists in Asturias marks what some see as the beginning of the Red Terror.[14] In October 1934, the Asturian Revolution was strongly anticlerical and involved violence against priests and religious and the destruction of 58 churches, actions that had been rare until that time.[25]

>And there is no proof that god exists. You can't prove that something doesn't exist, when it doesn't exist.

They dont care and kill for there imaginery god, be very carefull with religious people .. They deserve no trust at all , the mind delusion will pray on them as they have being programmed since birth

How about now?

>inb4 lol wikipedia

all lies

Sure the atheist regime in Communist China and Russia were responsible for the mass murder of over 100 million of their own citizens while they have existed.

That's cool bro but the original claim was "Can you prove if atheism has ever been responsible for mass murder? I bet you can't." He lost that bet. Also learn to read fuckwit. Right after that sentence you quoted I said agnostic neutrality is the logical standpoint. I thought atheists were supposed to be smart?

My parents were atheists. Nice try faggot

Estimates of the number of religious men killed vary greatly. One estimate is that of the 30,000 priests and monks in Spain in 1936, 13% of the secular priests and 23% of the monks were killed, amounting to 6800 religious personnel altogether.[7][52]

The figures break down as follows: Some 283 women religious were killed, some of them badly tortured.[53] 13 bishops were killed from the dioceses of Siguenza Lleida, Cuenca, Barbastro, Segorbe, JaƩn, Ciudad Real, Almeria, Guadix, Barcelona, Teruel and the auxiliary of Tarragona.[53] Aware of the dangers, they all decided to remain in their cities. I cannot go, only here is my responsibility, whatever may happen, so said the Bishop of Cuenca.[53] In addition 4,172 diocesan priests, 2,364 monks and friars, among them 259 Claretians, 226 Franciscans, 204 Piarists, 176 Brothers of Mary, 165 Christian Brothers (also called the De La Salle Brothers), 155 Augustinians, 132 Dominicans, and 114 Jesuits were killed.[54] In some dioceses, the number of secular priests killed are overwhelming:

your book setnences humans to death
for example the witches
you believe in witches? jajajaja

Shit happened on both sides. But those killings were not in the name of atheism

Already adressed this. Read the thread

The difference between the two is that the white terror killed leftists. Leftism is worse than religion by a long shot.

hedonism, atheist , how many labbels you need more?

Arrogant is someone that says is god is superior to everything, yourt god is superior more like to a hot dog

And the euphoric is on your side because everyone one knows you cristian fanatics mental disturbed are euphoric for another crusade serious you a a stone in mankind

>Mao
>Lenin
>Hitler

That's over 100million lives lost (by Israeli Estimates) in the last century alone.

cry me a vatican river of pedophile sperm

> "Can you prove if atheism has ever been responsible for mass murder? I bet you can't." He lost that bet.

No, he won. All those religious killings were not made because of some atheistic uprising. They were done for political power.

Atheism was not responsible for the red terror in spanish revolution, neither it was for Soviet Union killings.

Yes, some SU officials, perhaps the vast majority, were atheistic. But the revolutions and the subsequent killings were not caused by atheism, but for the willingness to obtain the church power by the state.

It's not forced at all.

Why are you even here?

Not in the name of atheism. It wasn't atheism that sparked those revolutions

>abortion is not murder

It is. I don't give a fuck since I hate kids but stop lying to yourself.

>hitler
>atheist
wow

>the lack of belief does something!

Don't be stupid, OP. There are multiple ways theism and atheism can manifest. No clear answer can be said of religion nor of atheism.

You're retarded

>religion is what made civilization possible

>destroyed their things and killed their leaders
>"best you can get?"

It was forced on me, albeit in a very light way.

>Why are you even here?

What do you mean?

Can atheism actually do anything positive or negative or is it the actual beliefs that you choose besides all forms of theism that does it? Seems like the latter that just gets passed off as "atheism".

Murder is killing when it's not sanctioned by law. Self defense is killing, yet it's not murder. Murder is a well defined legal term. Google it. Your fee fees don't change anything.

What do you mean?

Yet Orthodox Christian is still strong in Russia.

Anyone who doesn't believe in God that isn't agnostic is an atheist, by definition.

Any killings that have been done by atheists which I'm sure is a lot, fall upon atheism, it is just as much an ideology as everything else.

So fuck off.

>pathetic ape, christian , how many labbels you need more?
>Arrogant is someone that says is he is superior to people because he think God doesn't exist, yourt intellect is superior more like to a hot dog
>And the euphoric is on your side because everyone one knows you atheist fanatics mental disturbed are euphoric for another red terror serious you a a stone in mankind

It wasn't in the NAME of Christianity you retard. MOST people in recorded History have been religious, nearly all in fact. If you go by what religion they were, instead of what motivated them to do it, then everything before 2010 will be a religiously based occurrence.

Okay. Then the crusades were done for political power.

I have trouble committing to a belief system.

Christianity is the best religion though.

The only reason abortions have ever been permitted were in cases where that mothers life was at stake.

Abortion is legal, you are still killing a child, it's legal murder.

>Can atheism actually do anything positive or negative

No, because most atheist don't put atheism on a central part of their lives. Atheism is simply not believing in a god. Nothing more.

We're not talking about Russia. We're talking about the USSR. The USSR came and went. Don't be disingenuous.

Man you are reduzing our exixtence as species to religion, maybe with out religion we were much more advanced as societys and civilization, you cannot tell cause you enslaved humanity with religion as moral authority actually devine moral authority at point you claim peoples lives.

Yet Islam is still strong after the crusades. Yet Judaism is still strong after the holocaust. What a moot point.

and minds...

you cannot claim this , our dna is so advanced that you cant even be ignorant to the point to limit our mind and existence to this.

We weren't you dumb ass.

Every civilization EVER believed in God.

Religion is responsible for the existence of science. Quit being naive.

It's gonna be a kid if you don't vacuum it out, stop lying to yourself. Again I'm for abortion, if my chick didn't have one I'd have to had killed it in its sleep and risked getting arrested.

Yes, because the soviet union was so advanced. Sure they sent vodkaniggers into space, but compare the living conditions of the average citizen in the atheistic soviet union to the living conditions of the Christian united states

Are you autistic or just b8-ing? Seriously, nothing you've said in this whole thread makes any sense. It's all you blurting out ad homs while calling the other person names for using ad homs. Not to mention the blatantly incorrect assertions that sound like something a reddit "historian" would be saying about muh dark ages ruined everything.

Sweden is pretty atheist and they're being overrun with sand niggers.

Atheism and anti theism has been a core component of literally every communist movement ever. It's perfectly legitimate to count the casualties of communism.

Christians were treated by far the worst in the USSR, no surprise given who was in charge.

Yes I can. Every civilization believed in God.

They even built these civilizations as a tribute to God.

French Revolution. Worse still, besides the 50,000 killed in a year, was the legacy of shitfests that have lead up to today, inspired by it.

>fall upon atheism, it is just as much an ideology as everything else.

Atheism is not a ideology. Atheism is when one doesn't believe in a deity. End of it. You christards are really stupid.

>Any killings that have been done by atheists which I'm sure is a lot, fall upon atheism

No, because they weren't done in the name of atheism.

With that way of thinking, let us include every killing made by a christian and compare the tallies?

A little hard to justify. Crusades were made to preserve the christian faith. All the politics revolved around preserving christian lands.

Also this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Crusade

>legal murder.

God, i forgot how retarded people here could be.

Search the fucking murder definition ffs

>Hitler(rationalist and materialist), Stalin(became a religion-suppressing atheist), Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot

Atheists.

And i am talking about modern Russia, wich is the largest and central succeding USSR republics

Again, search for the fucking murder definition on google.

How uneducated you guys can be...

As a matter of fact, they were

And if they put atheism as central to their lives does that change anything?

If you want to define atheism like that (which is the proper definition) then there's no reason to picture atheism as a thing with the capacity to interact like actual beliefs in things and thus the OP ends up only being a false dichotomy.

The OP's logic ends up being something like "Believing in empiricism have led to numerous failed empirical studies throughout time. Can you prove that lacking belief in empiricism has ever been responsible for failed empirical studies? I bet you can't".

It's obvious you can't as there is no studies. The lack of belief is not an equivalent agent. OP is just being disingenuous.

Not in the name of atheism, try again

Not in the name of atheism. Try again.

he doesnt even know what atheists are

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Militant_Atheists

If not religion, it will be whatever big swinging dick power structure is in play that will be the source of murder. In the 20th century, it was government. The only time atheism comes into play is when religion is at odds with the existing power. Then you will worship the state, comrade.

Secularism was a massive part of what the French Revolution fought for. Do you wish to parse the secular from the atheist?

Stalin, Mao, and Pot were done in the name of communism, which was strongly atheist.

They were what? You think life in the soviet union was cush?

I did not say you were my ignorant or that represent you in anyway, im not invasive to the point of creating a god to rule your world .

Btw you can say same about democracy without democracy there would not be political history . It is the same thing .

Without democracy politics and humakind would never existed , this is religious point of our existence

If it wasnt for religion we would not exist as humans.

in a point of view of a religious person obvious does not make sense .

Prove me your god exists now...

They believed a Creator didn't exist. In essence, they did their atrocities in the name of the same void they practiced.

I am aware of the definition.

Atheism is an ideology.