I've been wondering about this chick who died from her phone getting wet in the bathtub...

I've been wondering about this chick who died from her phone getting wet in the bathtub. Would a phone charger really be able to provide enough power to kill a person in a bathtub of water? Or is this just another fake story about someone dying from a phone charger?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Dd6_TghcE0
youtube.com/watch?v=6Dd6_TghcE0&feature=youtu.be
tribune.com.pk/story/1372085/man-electrocuted-iphone-charger-bed/
youtube.com/watch?v=3Hdn0MuCK_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

U dumb. Phone no kill, it was saxophone!

I don't think the current strictly from the phone charger is enough. She was probably soaking wet and closed the circuit all the way to the wall, which really has nothing to do with the phone. People just want to blame phones for everything.

A phone charger goes from 120 Volts to 5 V, it cannot kill someone

Same guy... also I've always heard that with modern wiring, a circuit breaker will flip before enough electricity is absorbed to kill a human. Can anyone weigh in on that? Because if that's true, then either fake news or shitty wiring in the house.

The phone charger was plugged into a surge protector. The surge protector overloaded due to the water, and sent all the energy back towards her and the water, resulting in her heart stopping.

This. How much power is what you're wondering.

Not if nudes exist of her. Or if she has videos of her being fucked by her dad

If the story is fake. If she somehow faked her fucking death from playing with her phone in the water. This is what you're wondering.

You need to kill yourself immediately. You're like a trump supporter incarnate.

"It's obviously fake. How could a phone plugged into an outlet in a bathtub kill someone."

This is your priority. You should be beaten like a goddamned baby harbor seal.

Holy fuck i hate people today.

>Madison Coe's mother and grandmother tell us she was in the bathtub, and either plugged her phone in or simply grabbed her phone that was already plugged in. It happened at her father's house in Lovington, NM.

In other words they don't know what the fuck happened except that the phone was nearby when they found her and all the sensational news sites went with "ermahgerd killer iPhone."

USB is 5v and usually 1amp. That itself wouldn't kill you. At best you'd probably feel it enough to want to get the fuck out of the tub.

Say, in order to get it closer to the tub, it was plugged into an extension cord and the 110v (America) fell in, then yes.

True. Fuck that guy and his dumb questions. Just go ahead and start dumping nudes.

That's fucking tuba you dense cunt.

what should smart, progressive people being wondering about instead? Please, tell us, we're all ears.

Yeah. It's all faked. She was fucking assassinated by jews. The autopsy was inconclusive because science is a big fucking put-on. Because everything in the news is just a huge fake-out.

You should have been aborted as a child.

When I was a kid I put some metal thing into both prongs of an American socket, all I got was a good zapp. It hurt like a bitch but I was fine, is that normal?

damaged cord

I'm going to ignore your bullshit and just point out that no one's saying she wasn't electricuted, just that it wasn't the phone that caused it.

Fuck you.

Yup.

Nowadays modern bathrooms will have GFI switches so that you can not electrocute yourself. THIS IS BUILDING CODE. If there is none in her bathroom then they can sue the fing piss out of the builder.

She electrocuted herself to death fucking with her phone in the bath.

What, is there a fucking conspiracy about this? Are you retarded?

Smart progressive people would be wondering if anyone from the CSI's took pictures of a hot dead loli that we can fap to you fucking cunt. Not if theres some sort of fucking leftie conspiracy about some dumbshit kid who couldn't stay off the phone for 5 fucking minutes during a bath.

Unless the building was built before the code was changed.

If there was a hell for stupid people, you would be satan.

/thread

Yeah 120volt outlets won't kill you unless something really goofy happens and you complete a circuit and can't let go.

It should just be a tingle/shock.

>trolling for the sake of trolling

Yeah. because using a plugged in piece of electronics in a fucking bath can't hurt anyone.

Plug a toaster in, hit the handle and drop it in the tub and save us all from having to listen to your retardation in the future you stupid fucking cunt.

You're right. It's a conspiracy. She was killed by the Illuminati.

found the Jew. stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes you freaking pennygrabber.
it's an obvious conspiracy.
electricity can't melt teen dreams

>a phone charger and a toaster are exactly the same

There's a stupid cunt here but it ain't me.

it wasn't the phone you dummy it was the charger attached to both the wall outlet and the phone.

You're referring to GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters). Universal Building Code (America again) requires that any outlet within 3 feet of a water source be GFCI. Owners of older homes are not forced to retrofit them unless they're remodeling or selling. Even with GFCI circuits you can be electrocuted if your body is an easier pathway than the neutral line. The risk is greatly minimized.

holy fuck man way too soon
that is seriously not okay

Here's a better look. Yeah this was Darwin. The phone charger is stepped down so it couldn't kill anyone on it's own but she was using that potato extension cord and probably had it plugged into a non GFI outlet.

here's her nudes

plot twist: you're fapping to a corpse

Op asked if a phone charger carries enough current to electrocute a person to death and the answer is still no, dummy.

100 mA is enough to provoke a hearth fibrillation, voltage as nothing to do with it.

The bathtub scenario is different in that your body is submerged in water, greatly increasing the surface area for electricity to flow, versus small contact points on your hands.

thats a faggot, faggot

There is also no way to get out the tub once it starts because you can't just let go of the prong he was sticking into the outlet.

So yeah she was screwed.

What are we going to do if this chick actually dies.

A phone charger usually carries 1 A, recent models goes up to 2 A for faster charging.

This. I read it was the extension cord that got her.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Dd6_TghcE0&feature=youtu.be

Obviously it does. Exhibit A is the dead person that prompted the whole discussion in the first place.

What the fuck do you think a phone charger is plugged into?

Actually you probably have a superhuman resistance to electricity, like one of the X-Men. You could call yourself The Shocker! But you'll have to test it to be sure. Showering with a toaster should prove it one way or the other. Only way to be sure.

thats not true at all you dumb cunt. it's the voltage that kills you, not the amperage, plus the current is only 6millijoules from standard US outlet. On top of that, the voltage on the east coast here in the US is generally less than 2.8 newtons. there's no WAY she could have been killed. bathtub or not.

Natural selection at its finest.

I read that your mom loves my cock.
she texted that to me.

Samefag much?

>it's the voltage that kills you, not the amperage

nigger you got that backwards now go fuck off.

TL;DW Soapy water is conductive.

>volts kill
>amps don't
take that. reverse it.

It was plugged into an extension cord. If the phone and phone-side-plug were the only things that fell into the water, she'd be alive. So it wasn't the charger that killed her, it was the extension cord falling in.

>Taking the post seriously

u dont have to hit the handle with toasters nor with hair dryers etc. phone charger is diff., because the adapter is inserted in the socket

The family made a gofundme page. Doesn't that seem like a scam

Here's an article about a black man who had the same shit happen to him.
tribune.com.pk/story/1372085/man-electrocuted-iphone-charger-bed/

too new

eh, theres enough trump-ish retardation out there that when simply explained news stories are called into question, it's entirely possible that that level of stupidity exists.

You niggers are so stupid. Whatever, believe whatever the jew media tells you... get yourself killed. I've been doing this for 15 years as a professional electroician and I know what the hell I'm talking about. There simply aren;t enough newtons coming out of the ground for any substantial damage to the human body. TRUTH.

Ma always did have a soft spot for eunuchs and fags. Keeps trying to convert 'em. Which one are you?

Cheap chinese phone chargers employ switch mode power supplies that are often very poorly isolated from the AC line, so poorly isolated in fact, that the shield of the USB cable can often be at 120V line potential.
youtube.com/watch?v=3Hdn0MuCK_0

You're right. She was killed by aliens.

both :(

you sound like a dummy

Find out at the end of our show on Beyond Belief Fact or Fiction.

There were several stories where people died from putting phone chargers in their mouths but all of them were fake. You can do this yourself or have a friend do it. Are we stupid for not believing those stories?

would the power out of a phone charger kill? no but if the extension cord it was most likely plugged into goes into the water then yes

Ooh. That's rough brother. Keep "hanging" in there.... sorry, too soon?

Then wouldn't the family have been able to see the extension cord in the tub? I mean yeah they probably wernt paying attention to that but it sure sounds like they arnt exactly sure what happened

no I don't

It's possible the "ground" from the charger was not "ground" but "hot" - because of shitty wiring.

What you're talking about is a Ground Fault Condition Interruptor (or whatever, it's GFCI) - once a small voltage comes back on the ground, it'll throw the breaker. Shitty wiring, ground is not "ground" (or really, neutral is not ground, I bet it was a two-pin plug).

A 15 amp circuit breaker will not trip because a human has too much resistance to sink 15 amps.

do you think I'm sexy... tee hee!

Yes.

yes you are.

what would be gained by faking these stories?

iunno, I guess if the charger was plugged into the wall it probably would.

This is exactly what happened. The extension cord had open wiring

She had an extension cord that got wet iirc

Electric + water = shocking good time. Try it while looking at Sup Forums on your phone and masturbating. It's great... dumb fucks.

Just put down the god damn phone for once. You don't need it while taking a bath.. unless you are taking nude selfies... in which case, make sure your phone is charged first... not during. Jesus fucking christ, people have no common sense.

Attention
Money
They is a gofundme for this girl with 13k last I checked

This

Could be old school filament wire fuses which also might not have broken circuit.

If 110v gets into the water you spaz the fuck out, I've been shocked momentarily by 110 and 240 (not in water), for a brief moment you have no control over your muscle contractions.

Being stuck in a bathtub with a shock like that would prove very difficult to get out.my money is on her not being able to get out whilst being shocked over a period of time killing her, very unlikely the initial shock will kill unless you have a heart condition.

Something like .2 mv can kill if it's sustained. The problem was with the wiring. A bathroom or any outlet near water should be a GFCI and pop immediately. Failing that, the breaker should have popped.

0.2 mv = 0.0002 v
Nope

Maybe if you were made from solid copper

Who is that in the pic?

If you drop a phone (or hell, just the battery) into water, you probably won't fucking die, or even come close to it...
...unless it's plugged in.

The output end of a USB block still shouldn't be able to do so, but there's all kind of awful dumb shit regarding cheap chargers, so you might end up with wall voltage coming out from somewhere it shouldn't (look at bigclivedotcom's videos for loads of examples of cheap shit that takes awful cost-cutting shortcuts that make shit a lot more dangerous than it should be), and you're fucked if you get hit with that in the water.
if you have an extension cord for the charger block and that goes into the water, rip in peace, gg no re

good shit