Finished the last episode yesterday

>finished the last episode yesterday
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY LIFE NOW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rp1ExC52BOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sell drugs

you walk through the garden and you watch your back.

watch a show that's actually good like The Sopranos.

Run for mayor of Baltimore.

Hey, you're qualified, and it's not like you can fuck up any worse than the current people.

Or skip that and watch the best show ever made, mad men.

watching The Sopranos next was actually my plan

>six feet under
Fixed it for ya

I dont think so

See

Watch House Of Cards. It's addictive and it helped me to fill the void that The Wire left.

Crossover when?

Never? ;_;

Pretend you enjoyed season 2 to appear patrician

Watch the Sopranos, then watch Mad Men.

watch treme

What's there to pretend, user? It was great! Sobotka is goat. The only reason why a lot of 'em hate season 2 is because blacks are absent.

b-but I did...

Well watch it again Motherfu-

He said good not shit. Read the post again.

STRINGA, WHERE'S WALLACE? THAT'S ALL I WANT TO KNOW.

We are on the same watching cycle.

that scene was so crazy good

join a gang

join the police

become a journalist

become a school teacher

drop out of high school

finish high school

open up a liquor shop in bmore

work at the docks

read about economics

read about elastic products

get an A in community college

goto prison

start a boxing gym

rip and run

say ayo

name someone dookie

be black

be white

be a jewish lawyer

be a congressman

be a political advisor

be a hobo

be a stern black man and rise through the ranks to be head of police

be natural police

make tiny dolls from wood

marry a prostitute

become a lesbian

get shot

divorce your lesbian partner and fall behind in alimony

have a funky song play at the end of your life

get a bunch of cops to give you a funeral when you retire

goto a gay bar

have an interracial friendship

die

the shield. it's better than the wire, sopranos, and all the other overrated pos shows out

how romantic!
I will think of you when I watch it

Liking season 2 isn't pretentious at all.

I don't go in for that hipster contrarian shit honestly, I just really enjoyed season 2. I live in a city hard hit by industrial decay though, so it really struck a chord.

Why is he wearing the German Eagle on his shirt?

what did you think of the wire overall?

Hell yeah. The scene where Bodie and Poot kill Wallace was one of the better ones as well, at least in season 1.

The Wire is the best. It's not even a meme.

Same, most people just hate it because it was completely different from s1. Aftewatching the entire show multiple times it's become my second favorite season(s4 is number 1 of course)

S2 > S1 > S3 > S4 > S5

Dude I can think of like 10 good scenes just off the top of my head from this show. It's not just a meme

BUT NOBODY GIVE A FUCK ABOUT 40

youtube.com/watch?v=Rp1ExC52BOc

I think season 2 is really strong all around really. The overarching theme is great, and even as a basic procedural cop drama it's probably the best overall, or second best. The characters are decently compelling and there are certainly no happy endings. It doesn't end neatly for anyone and that is what really makes it work.

nah, last season of the wire was shit.

where as the shield literally got better with every season

It is pretentious. S 1 sets a stage and then completely ignores it.

I guarantee the show doesnt reach S2 if it begins about some union retards going broke and dead whores in a shipment. Nobody cares about them, there's nothing at stake, nobody cares if the shipyard goes bust, there's nothing at stake.

In s 1 you're rooting for or agaisnt everybody.

S2 is just an education for retards who didn't know manufacturing is dead in the west. Congratulations you just learnt what everyone who isn't ignorant to history and/or geopolitics and economics has known for at least 50 years.

best show I ever watched
I watched the first 2 seasons years ago and then stopped for some weird reason and picked it up again recently.
The realism, the character development, pretty much all of it was amazing to me.
I love how Carver turned out for example. Kind of a shithead that just goes for dumbass low level drug arrests, but then turns into real good police.

Same here, it's a great show, the best to be sure.

So did The Wire, season 5 being the exception. That whole journalism story was meh, but everything else about season 5 was damn good. Especially the scene when McNulty gets analyzed by FBI.

Did you watch the 16:9 HD remaster?

Don't let those Fedoras tell you that the 4:3 version is superior, the show was clearly framed for 35mm film (meaning it works for Widescreen better than for 4:3)

That'd be one hell of a life.

You could make a TV show out of it.

Someone doesn't understand framing.

You're completely wrong. Season 1 sets part of a stage, season 2 broadens the stage, and season 3 completes the set-up by including the political aspects.

Without season 2 and season 3 we wouldn't know beyond the little corner of west Balitmore and the Wire tells a story that is more complicated than just that.

>In s 1 you're rooting for or agaisnt everybody.
This is absolutely not true. There are no clear cut heroes or villains on either side. The charismatic and sympathetic gangsters (other than Wallace) are murderers and impossible to entirely root for unless you have mental health issues, and the cops are typically corrupt or at the very least narrow-minded, career-climbing assholes who don't give much of a fuck beyond their own self-interests. Hell, even McNulty only gives a shit about the case and steamrolls/undercuts anything that gets in his way. The Wire isn't capeshit -- if you're looking for a monochromatic good vs. evil storyline, this is not the show for you and it's no wonder you didn't like S2.

Its about the decay of bluecollar jobs you retard and showing the effects

I'm going to make it happen

I'm going to call it

Hardwire

Thanks for accepting it

I'm so glad you liked it. Honestly I feel the same way. It just had so much depth for a crime/drug game show. I wasn't ready and I watched all of it and just loved every moment.

Hope you like The Sopranos. I'm starting it tonight.

Watch a good show?

I recommend Stranger Things or Agents of Shield, the last season was TOP NOTCH.

>nobody mentions the Shield anymore in these threads

>sets a stage and then completely ignores it
the stage and the story is that of Baltimore

>being a blind retard.

>he thinks he knows what s2 is about
>he thinks the decay of bluecollar jobs and the end of manufacturing in the west are not interconnected to the extent that one cannot exist without the other

welp guess you learnt a lot from tv, don't bother opening up any books goy

You're in denial if you weren't rooting for one person or another

>hurr i took a DND test and decided I was chaotic neutral so I didn't hope for anyone to win I was just watching it completely unphased BUT I TOTALLY LOVE THE SHOW

yeah sure faggot

If something was shot on 35mm film it will always look better in 16:9 than in 4:3 (unless the DoP specifically framed it for 4:3)

CHAIR DON'T RECOGNIZE YOUR ASS

>nobody reads the thread before posting anymore in these threads

Lets see what the show creator David Simon has to say:

>In fact, Bob had asked before filming The Wire pilot in late 2001 for a widescreen aspect ratio. He correctly saw television screens growing wider and 16:9 ratio becoming industry standard, and coming from the feature world, it was his inclination to be as filmic as possible. But, to be honest, The Wire was at its inception a bit of shoestring affair and expectations for the drama at HBO were certainly modest. Filming in letter-box was more expensive at the time, and we were told, despite Bob’s earnest appeals, that we should shoot the pilot and the ensuing season in 4:3.

>At which point, Bob set about to work with 4:3 as the given. And while we were filming in 35mm and could have ostensibly “protected” ourselves by adopting wider shot composition in the event of some future change of heart by HBO, the problem with doing so is obvious: If you compose a shot for a wider 16:9 screen, then you are, by definition, failing to optimize the composition of the 4:3 image. Choose to serve one construct and at times you must impair the other.

>Because we knew the show would be broadcast in 4:3, Bob chose to maximize the storytelling within that construct. As full wide shots in 4:3 rendered protagonists smaller, they couldn’t be sustained for quite as long as in a feature film, but neither did we go running too quickly to close-ups as a consequence. Instead, mid-shots became an essential weapon for Bob, and on those rare occasions when he was obliged to leave the set, he would remind me to ensure that the director covered scenes with mid-sized shots that allowed us to effectively keep the story in the wider world, and to resist playing too much of the story in close shots.

1/2

HUNGRY
THE
WOOOLF

yeah I will start today or tomorrow. Hope it's good man

>Similarly, Bob further embraced the 4:3 limitation by favoring gentle camera movements and a combination of track shots and hand-held work, implying a documentarian construct. If we weren’t going to be panoramic and omniscient in 4:3, then we were going to approach scenes with a camera that was intelligent and observant, but intimate. Crane shots didn’t often help, and anticipating a movement or a line of dialogue often revealed the filmmaking artifice. Better to have the camera react and acquire, coming late on a line now and then. Better to have the camera in the flow of a housing-project courtyard or squad room, calling less attention to itself as it nonetheless acquired the tale.

>In the beginning, we tried to protect for letterbox, but by the end of the second season, our eyes were focused on the story that could be told using 4:3, and we composed our shots to maximize a film style that suggested not the vistas of feature cinematography, but the capture and delicacy of documentarian camerawork. We got fancy at points, and whatever rules we had, we broke them now and again; sometimes the results were a delight, sometimes less so. But by and large, Bob had shaped a template that worked for the dystopian universe of The Wire, a world in which the environment was formidable and constricting, and the field of vision for so many of our characters was limited and even contradictory.

2/2

So take your HUR DUR LE FEDORA memes and fuck right off

Then why does it look better in 16:9?

Because you're pretending it does because you don't want to be wrong

You said rooting for or against everybody, your words, implying that you were either entirely behind one side or the other.
>a DND test
What the fuck are you even talking about. Believe it or not, most adults don't view shit through the teenage polarization lens. Fuck off to Sup Forums and post some xbox vs playstation garbage, or maybe Sup Forums and post some liberal vs conservative shit and pretending that most people and/or things aren't somewhere in between, you slack-jawed mongoloid.

what kinda autistic semantics are you trying to 'win' this discussion with? haha you aactually didnt like any characters or want to see them succeed or fail but you enjoyed the show? why? cause youre some benevolent god autist who doesnt care about outcomes but still cares about watching things play out?

autistm

I don't know why but 4/3 looks "funnier" probably better for sitcoms

The thing i like about season 2 is it shows how all the drama and violence of the drug trade in the rest of the show is just a day in the office for the big distributor like the Greek, who can afford to leave 100+ kg of dope sitting on the docks without much hassle, while the fiends and dealers kill each other over a few vials.

gb2rddt

All the Shield supporters in these threads come across as conceited faggots, how is anyone ever gonna be compelled to watch the show?

I unironically place it on the same tier as The Wire / Sopranos / Deadwood. Nothing's ever upset me as much as everything that followed the money train scheme. Can't even rewatch the season 2 ending knowing what's going to come of it.

>ywn witness ridiculous scenes like Aceveda comforting a rape victim and then start jacking off to the footage of the assault for the first time again

I think this show was the last one to ever catch me off guard

I think the Shield had the darkest ending of a show ever made

THE SOPRANOS IS BETTER THAN THE WIRE

BUT WHEN UR DONE WITH THAT YOU'LL LITERALLY HAVE TO KYS CUS YOU WATCHED THE 2 BEST TV SHOWS EVER MADE AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE SHIT BY COMPARISON

Watch Chase's other stuff.

Despite being an Irish character I assume he must be a German soccer team fan

shirt says "Bundeswehr" on it, which is the German army

after doing my annual watch of the series i go out buy crab legs, crab cakes, 10 pc nuggets, and some pit beef.

wash it with strawberry soda, dutch beer, and irish whiskey

i live near faidley's so i get them authentic

am I the only one that was super disappointed McNulty never fucked her?