What does Sup Forums think of Buddhism, is it the most redpilled religion?

What does Sup Forums think of Buddhism, is it the most redpilled religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F4nGuEVs-JA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm not religious but I'm spiritual and like Buddhism

buddhim isn't redpilled at all

This thread again...

Buddhism is the religion for retarded white liberals.

jelly dat girls bicep insertions

this

And this is how we know it. Had to make sure to let us know you were not religious first.

DUDE

Buddhism and Hinduism aren't redpilled but they are non violent

Buddhist art is Catholic tier except instead of being regal and baroque it's just straight up mind-blowing.

and I forgot my pic

Why is it redpilled? I think leftists are drawn to it's Eastern mysticism but the beliefs are just as fantastical as any other religion. I put it in the category of religions along with Judaism that escapes criticism from atheists because it's not an easy target like Islam or Christianity.

No, retarded white liberals like to think they're Buddhist because they do yoga but they have no true understanding of it.

moar feets nigga

>I'm not religious but I'm spiritual

DUDE??

Islam has Sufism and Judaism has Kabbalah. However it's too close to home so white people look East to something that's more "exotic" like Buddhism when the teachings are probably the same.

>atheists criticizing Islam

fucking kek

This, tons of white liberals think they are buddhist and give people wrong impressions of it in the west

its not a redpill or a bluepill its more of a philosophy that has no attachments with the political sphere

>There is nothing... but Chad's cock.

>redpill
>religion

You know what to do

Kinda difficult for your simple mind to understand that?

And retarded Buddhists think they are going to die and come back as a grasshopper but they have no true understanding of reality. ~fedora tipping intensifies~

>Buddhism
>religion

The Buddha was a poo-in-loo.

No. Buddhism hasn't done jack crap for the countries who have espoused it.

the ultimate redpill is about suffering

That's kind of the point. Nothing needs to be done.

Oh yeah. Good point homie.

Kenneth is cute AF

conservacunts like you knows nothing about buddhism. it´s not about false love and happiness and shit like hipsters and libtards show.

The point is it's new age garbage for people who believe in retarded ideas like "life force" bullshit so that they can feel all giddy and religious, but turn off their god when it bothers them or tries to make them act a certain way that makes them uncomfortable.

i`m Buddhist and i dont believe in reincarnation because it´s not so important in the core of knowledge, btw i`m practitioner of Zen Buddhism, no fancy shit, no yoga cunts, no veggie sissy, i fuck when i want it, i shit when i need, i eat when i want, plain simple, no gods, no prayers, only here and now.

Or the least redpilled. The epitome of ignorance is bliss.

Buddhism is great personally, though Christianity is fine for the masses, even though it's pretty silly

Buddhism is the true faith of the white man

The ancient greeks both adopted and influenced it in the hellenized era

Look it up

Buddhism is what upper class liberals like to pretend to believe in so they can feel morally superior despite being terrible people themselves
they think if they do some yoga and have some buddha statues around their house that suddenly makes them great people

Buddhism shouldn't even be called a religion.

Sure, there are people who make it a religion, by appeals to superstition and the supernatural.

But at it's very core, it is not a religion, but a philosophy and a way of viewing the world.

And to be honest, this philosophy the THE MOST red-pilled you can possibly get, when you get deep enough into it.

But it is something most westerners cannot appreciate, because the way westerners are conditioned to think is directly contradictory to the basic Buddhist/Hindu/Daoist premises.

Buddhism of course does attract hippies and pretentious douchebags, simply because it represents something foreign and exotic to white liberals who have been taught to hate their own people and culture.

But this should not cause you to dismiss what is ultimately a profound and liberating philosophy of life and reality.

/rant

it pacified Tibetans and Mongolians
China would probably be better off today to if the Communists didn't destroy it

Sounds like how most niggers live

It's shit, like every single other religion.
No, you will not be free if you don't X because of a man in the skies.
No, you will not be free if you do X instead of Y because of a sitting fat fuck.
No, you will not be free if you follow the teachings of a pedophile arabian idiot.
No, you will not achieve "highness" by doing anything that is or promotes self-sacrifice, moralitivism and other cultural bullshit.
The only acceptable path is the one with the Machine.
Only when mankind will drop its flesh body in favour of the supreme metal everyone will be actually free and eternal.

Practicing expanding your conciousness and becoming more one with your spiritual self is literally the antithesis of ignorance, it is quite blissful though.

Except you'll be dead long before this becomes an option so basically this is psychological masturbation.

Considering it's the fashionable go to for white women that want to feel whatever the fuck "spiritual" means while still being able to do Christmas and shit, I'm going to say no. Pic related probably was, but Buddhism seems to have gone through the same pussification process that Christianity did to make it more palatable to modern people, at least in the west. It'll be interesting to see how peaceful the Tibetans really are when hostilities with China continue to increase.

Most redpilled religion? Definitely Islam.

Acknowledges that to come up on top, you have to either submit to them, assimilate with them or drop dead.

THIS version of Buddhism I'm completely on board with. That guy's pimping.

Nihilism cult.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaased Nietzche.

Sternberg ended up following Buddhism, and he was the most brutally violent and redpilled dictator in human history.

Probably, yes.
It doesn't matter.
Maybe it will take 3000 years, maybe even more.
Until then, wars will be fought. fauna extermination will continue, harvesting of this planet's resources will go on.
Humanity will probably mix and maybe even annihilate itself in the process.
But in the end, everyone will realize that our future in this universe is completely unexistant if we do not embrace the Machine.
Even the Dalai Lama itself agrees with me.
It is our ultimate goal as a species, to drop the flesh and embrace the eternal metal.

Those sandals

if you're talking about Nietzsche and your summary is: nihlism. You're functionally retarded and assgrabbing as bad as the lefties who also gobble up everything their professor said. Read ANYTHING by Nietzsche. He speculates on the greek gods and Christianity more than muh nihilism

Mexico must be a really boring place, huh buddy?

Enlightenment isn't as amazing profound and unachievable as average people think. Once attained, life goes back to normal. Nothing is any different but just your mindfulness and appreciation for the world around you.

Only a fool would prefer "inner peace" or "afterlife peace" when we can all be immortal through the Machine.

Nirvana is death.

Is that red pilled?

Nirvana is a recognition that there is no self, rendering "death" a meaningless construction of the ego.

Enlightenment is the opposite of this thread

>I'm too smart for church

>I'm too dumb to stop smoking pot

>I think I'm a poo in loo

Buddhism

That's essentially the same thing. The goal of Buddhism is to escape the cycle of reincarnation and let go of the self, with all of its worldly obsessions that lead to suffering. Once stripped of its Hindu cosmology Buddhism is essentially an anti-natalist death cult. Nirvana can only be truly achieved by death.

Oops why the fuck did I quote myself. Response to this:

>I'm too smart for church
This is legit though... Go in a church, you will find idiots.

>I'm too dumb to stop smoking pot
buddhism has nothing to do with pot. I don't smoke pot.

>I think I'm a poo in loo
nah pretty sure I'm a white dude.

I kind of agree with this, but I don't like the harsh tone.

Thing is, Buddhism is seen by white liberals as a non-political religion. They also like Hinduism for the same reason. (Yes, I know both Hinduism and Buddhism are political as FUCK in certain countries, like India and Burma, but I'm talking in a Western context.)

These people seek to have some mystical beliefs and experiences, without going to Christianity, Judaism and Islam. These religions seem too charged and political.

In all honestly, Sufi Islam is actually pretty mystical and a lot more chill than the other sub sects.

I don't wanna sound mean to these people, but this guy makes a decent point. In fact, in the Simpsons, they had Lisa Simpson convert to Buddhism and I thought it was actually kind of perfect when I grew up to see what the buzz was all about.

Full dislosure, I'm Sikh so. I've looked into Buddhism and just found it too... uninspiring. Maybe I went into it looking for something which it never professed to offer, but I just never got comfortable with the whole, "Get ride of your desires." thing.

buddhism is literally the blue pill anal suppository

complete opposite of red

it is the ultraviolet pill

>let go of the self, with all of its worldly obsessions that lead to suffering

>essentially an anti-natalist death cult

I fail to see how these two are connected...

>Nirvana can only be truly achieved by death

Nonexistence cannot experience Nirvana, because nonexistence cannot experience anything.

Nirvana can only be experienced in life, because only life contains experience.

good on you for having the same outlook on life as a 16 year old girl

duuude spiritual but not religious

might as well fucking kill yourself if you are legitimately that retarded

There is a reason the Chinese government is more lenient upon Buddhism and more opposed to Taoism.

people can't have spirit or faith without organized religion?

ITT people who don't know anything about Buddhism, criticizing or praising a philosophy they know nothing about.

Also Buddhism is not a religion. The spirit and ancestor worship is done to satisfy culture and human frailty and are borrowed from Hinduism. Buddha never talked about worship of any kind.

Is no one gonna talk about the fucking alligator?

I thought I liked Buddhism, but there is too much old baggage, just like Christianity. I like Buddha and Christ, but not their old religions. Both religions were also adopted by the state and became violent shortly after.

Taoism is the shit though. Just absurdity and non-violence. Seek peace, look to nature, take it easy, the Tao is everywhere.

As it is concerned with removing ignorance and foolishness, I personally feel it is as redpilled and based a philosophy as can be. If you cut through the mythological bullshit, it concerned only with perceiving the true nature of reality moment to moment.

Dumb question but is Buddhism the same as the concept of Zen? If so it seems pretty cool, Zen is a nice concept that's about finding peace and embracing the chaos of the world.

They totally can. Humans are spiritual creatures, we love spirits, gods, entities, ghosts, mysticism, etc. Each of these things along with the "big questions" is up to the individual, not some ruling class of clerics.

Believe what you want and fuck everyone else - this is literally the beginning thought in every major religion.

>red pilled

I don't know what that means.

I'm totally neutral in religion but Buddhism doesn't blame anyone else for their problems. That's good enough for me.

Most states of religion and ideology are about nothing but blame. It's refreshing to see a portion of humanity that doesn't create any place of blame.

Zen is like an add-on that came in later when Buddhism made it to Japan. You can have one without the other.

k

ITT:
Weebs circle-jerking over what they imagine buddhism to be.

Stay special, snowflakes.

>religion
>red pilled
PICK ONE!

Taoism and the New Testement is the only religion you need. Greek and Roman Mythology is pretty cool though.

Buddhism with a little Daoism sprinkled on is the perfect way to go

Your actions have consequences + Some things just are they way they are and you can't fight them

Meditation is actually very good and more people should do it. Fuck all the chanting and incense and orange robes and shit. Don't be some douchebag white buddhist hippie fag

>Go to youtube
>Search Alan Watts
>listen to his shit on the Dao and on Buddhism
>Feelsenlightenedfam

Nietzsche said that it was the most "real" religion out there, because it teaches you to acknowledge and cope with suffering, versus building a fictitious world around you that only aids to your suffering.

I know nothing beyond that of Buddhism, but I trust Nietzsche cause he was one of the greatest minds to ever exist

I have long thought that Daoism is a secret redpill, an instruction manual for surviving psychopathically evil (or typically Chinese) governments.

I don't pretend to know what you are, but I want to ask. What are you? I'm not a Buddhist, but I like their principles. There's nothing wrong with the attempt to achieve inner-peace, nor should there ever be.

I guess it's alright--I think there are profound discoveries and meanings in all religions (except for Islam, personally) and you can see it in the genuine believers.

>Hasn't red any Carl Sagan.
feg

+1 for Alan Watts. I love "the potato speaks".

youtube.com/watch?v=F4nGuEVs-JA

Like every other thread on Sup Forums I see no one is interested in any real discussion.

You talk shit about reddit but at least there are real discussions and back and forth debates there. Here people spam a response to OP and then abandon thread to spam another. Or shitpost...

Every post is useless here.

Buddhism has a lot of different types, the stereotypical hollywood kind is just plain buddhism, and is your typical religious mumbo jumbo scam for idiots

Other types like zen and taoism are more philosophy than anything else

Look up some alan watts lectures on youtube, good stuff

What is the philosophy/religion thats basically like "there is no beginning and no end" and shit like that? is that buddhist, zen, tao?

How so?

What useful discussion do you want? A dialogue is two people in speech. Don't be so obstinate just because you don't have an echo chamber.

Ah, the ol' Manlet-hancement device

>non violent
fuck no, they'll beat your ass like any other major religion it's just they demand you convert or die.

>I'm not religious but I'm spiritual
This is one of those statements that immediately identifies and idiot

>he thinks his institutionalized superstitions are canon

Buddist are more roll over and take it b/c we're all One, anyway.
If you must protest, set yourself on fire.

Taoists are more we are all One and therefore equal, all have a right to life and a right to defend that life.

I love you, user! Thanks for Alan Watts.

>You talk shit about reddit but at least there are real discussions and back and forth debates there

My favorite is [deleted]
[deleted]
[deleted]
[deleted]
[deleted]
>I love muslims
[deleted]
[deleted]
[deleted]
[deleted]
[deleted]
>lol