Can you guys recommend good contemporary horror film? I really enjoy stuff like the Witch, and Goodnight Mommy...

Can you guys recommend good contemporary horror film? I really enjoy stuff like the Witch, and Goodnight Mommy. Stuff that isn't necessarily shocking but more slow paced and settling with dark ambiance.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sorry i meant slow paced and unsettling

>muh ambiance
Thst movie was shit, It was nothing but ambiance until the very end.

Babadook and It Follows, family

pleb

This so much, I was like ok wheres the monster? wheres the jumpscares? Also I was browsing and posting and stuff cause I was bored but a film should hold my attention

Ben Wheatley's stuff: Kill List, Sightseers, A Field In England.

Please ignore this retard

Left or Right?

about 30 minutes in it gets interesting but personally i think it's great the whole way through, and i love that there's a bunch of somewhat subtle things going on in the background you can see if you rewatch like the devil putting his hand on thomasin's shoulder or the witch running through the woods with the baby

It was so slow i got up and put some popcorn in the microwave and took a shit in the middle of it, When i got back i asked my mom what i missed and she said nothing.

right.

>slow paced and settling with dark ambiance

You should definitely watch Cure.
Fantastic thriller/horror/detective film.

Neither because i have taste and self respect.

t. homosexual

The Wailing, it's the horror MOTY

right, i'm a huge fan of elle but didn't really enjoy her in the Neon Demon. Thomasin, on the other hand, was GOAT

>Thomasin, on the other hand, was GOAT
she was fucked by one too

right's movie was at least watchable

"It Follows". It's not the greatest movie in terms of having an intelligent plot, or relatable characters. But I really liked the ambiance. The pacing was on-point and the soundtrack was great. And it had some cute girls. It's a good movie to watch if you just want to turn your brain off and enjoy some ambiance. Also, it's basically a live-action, feature length version of this music video:

youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg

Another recommendation I have is "Never Let Me Go". Most people wouldn't consider it a horror film (it's billed more as a dystopian drama / romance). But, without spoiling too much, I'll tell you this: the premise of the movie is one of the most horrifying concepts I've ever come across. It's certainly not a traditional horror movie with jumpscares, gore, and little ghost girls in bloodied wedding dresses. But the horror comes from how such a seemingly nightmarish concept is presented with such realism. The fictional society that the movie presents seems so plausible. I highly suggest you don't read anything about the movie (or the book it's based on) before watching it. It doesn't take much to spoil it.

Remove thy sheath

>being scared past the age of 13

grow up, lads

Seconded...

b8 etc etc etc