Prove to an atheist who wants to believe in something why your religion is valid

Prove to an atheist who wants to believe in something why your religion is valid.

Basically, redpill me.

Rules:
You cannot shift the burden of proof
You cannot go against scientifically proven studies

Help

Other urls found in this thread:

asatru.org/aboutasatru.php
youtube.com/watch?v=28i3lWxW5xs
youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jainism.
It's dope cause if you fuck up you get a do-over in the next life.
It's like playing Mario bros with infinite lives.

also curious athiest.

If you want to belive in something then just search some information until you find something that convince yourself.

Fuck you btw.

Can't. I can't study every religion because there are too many, so I need representatives from their religions to alert me to their presence and why they should be valid. I already found something I never heard of called Jainism.

>Prove to an atheist who wants to believe in something why your religion is valid
>Prove

If proof existed then the word "faith" would not exist. The reason that there is no evidence is because every god is fictitious. All bullshit.

I thought all OPs believed in a religion called gayism
>? :/

That'd be pretty dope I'd be down for that. What do I worship in it?

"Cant shift burden of proof"
God cannot be proven or disproven, you stupid faggot.

With that logic

Do not research Science... Ignore the theory of evolution and natural selection... Ignore cosmology and physics... Ignore geniuses like Carl Sagan, Richard Dawkins, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and Bill Nye... Ignore anything that might discourage delusion... Focus on metaphysics... Focus on superstition... Focus on Religion... or join a ignorant cult... Ignorance is bliss

Just find a religion that engages in ritual sex. Just because gods are made up doesn't mean you can't get some pussy out of the deal.

Lmao

Dicks. Dicks and only dicks. It's fun at first, but then it gets pretty boring having to worship dicks every Saturday.

Bill Nye is not a scientific genius. He is an engineer that had a kids show.

asatru.org/aboutasatru.php

Are you an engineer that's friends with an astrophysicist?

Yea but it's fairytales

So your point is that his friend is a genius?

Bill Nye....genius? LoL.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson is a genius, why would he hang out with an idiot?

That's the cool thing about science though. You don't have to be a genius, if you do it right it always works.

joyofsatan.org

Modern Satanism, educate yourself.

Genius or not Credulous

Either one will suffice

The Church of Flying Spaghetti monster, because it is

All religions are fairytales

So being friends with a genius makes you a genius? Well I think you need to go make friends with him quick, because you sound dumb as fuck.

Scientific and religious truths operate on fundamentally different levels of reality. One tells you what is the other what you should do. Taking this into account, all religions are based on stories kept alive far beyond the reaches of history only by oral tradition. This would not have happened if they did not tell of a fundamental truth of human life. Learn from them all is what i'm trying to say, they are multi-faceted alegories with great wisdom available to those who seek it.
Also, if you equate religion with religious stablishments, you are retarded.

ANSWER ME ONE QUESTION!

What year is it?

Oh, 2017 you say?... And that's AD right?

So the whole world is just counting the days since Christ died and awaiting for his return...

How obvious can it be guys?

Viking paganism, because Jesus promised the end of all wicked people Thor promised the end of All Ice giants I don't see many Ice Giants around

This.

As a legitimate question, and also not op, where did Jesus promise the end of all wicked people? I havent read the entirety of the bible myself, but I wouldn't think Jesus would've made such an unkeepable promise.

Checking my own trip-dubs and also bumping the thread because every thread I go into fucking dies.

technically, l am an omnitheist, at least l think that's the correct term. I believe in all religions, they are all true, all with real gods that don't exist on this realm, and the more you give attention to these gods through rituals and pray the more closer you get to these egregores, which is a term of a powerful spirit made by people or one person in the occult, the egregores envelope beleives and provide the faith and insight that the believers think what comes with that being. Which is why many converts believe in their god so much, because of these egregores, what they describe as feeling gods love and presence. But if you don't want to belief, and look for answers whether it is in religion or science you will get it, but science is just what we use to ground the reality and understanding of this universe, it is true and not true, as with everything else.

shintoism is an origin of moe culture.
in a sense it's blasphemy but I'm glad that my country has such a sensual culture

For me Christianity makes sense, bc humans will eventually mess up any idealogy, whether secular or religious. So if there were a perfect law God would either have to kill us all, or provide some sort of atonement. Also, the dichotomy of the universe seems true to me, so one could see the world as two opposing forces at work. There's also the underdog element in the teachings of Christ that resonate with me.

You don't believe there's any metaphysical?

Because it is fun to believe in religion where one god was licked into being by holy cow and another was born from 9 woman

Also Valhalla is fucking cool afterlife

The Egyptian gods don't expect you to be a perfect Mary Sue just to get into the afterlife.

Its a fucking joke, there is no god.

>Its a fucking joke, there is no god.
And Global warming is manmade. Right Sport?

>Spoon feed me info since I'm an idiot and can't make up my mind and lack conviction.

The post.

Gods are the horizons of superego.

We don't value truth naturally, and rationality has evolved as a social function in order for humans to survive, at least it's a valid theorem at this point.

The Knowledge Illusion: Why We Never Think Alone is a great book on the subject.

A believe a good way to actually grasp why religion even exists is through the lectures of Jordan B Peterson.

One could argue that with his own logic of why he's an actual believer it could really be applied to anyone who's a moral relativist in the slightest.Anyone unsure of who they are could apply the same nesting pattern of thought to fit a narrative that is the most truthful to them.

Here's a quick ~7 minute video that Mouthy Buddhy has compiled where Jordan speaks on why he believes in God, it might give you some perspective.

youtube.com/watch?v=28i3lWxW5xs

Not how it works

I am indeed looking into all of these, and so far, a few are actually really worth my time.

Thanks you to all anons helping

>Shill Nye

fuck of christkike

Your fedora tipping was so intense that it gave me autism.

> few are actually really worth my time.
which are?

>3D

Damn you are stupid as fuck

The only truth you speak of is that humanity lacked knowledge of nature which created fear and fear made them create the "God" complex or a father figure and protector to appease those fears.
Atheism is humanity finally "growing up" and joining the universe as a species and not as scared animals using their made up daddies to inflict pain on each other.

The autism

If it was easy the universal nature of the idea would have spread and everyone on earth would have grasped it.

Now.. they haven't, why?

You're letting yourself off too easy, effectively pissing everyone off who is genuinely trying to grant you some perspective through discourse, albeit in a thread on Sup Forums..sage

Nice copy and paste job friendo

that

>Islam

Are you a shitty person? Do you think all your woes in life is caused by someone else? Do you despise the shifty jew? You don't mind bestiality and pedophilia? You like women to be your servants and under your control?

Well, Imagine a belief system where you could be and believe all those things mentioned above and be praised for it? Be coddled by your peers and your victims peers.

>You could do shitty things to most people who aren't of your new faith.
>You could blame the west, the jews, the hindus, the blacks... everyone.... even people of your own faith who slightly believe differently than you.
>You could bomb the only jewish state in the world by launching missiles from within civilian settlements and still be the victim when that jewish state reacts.
>Goatfuckery and fucking of kids as little as 9 is not condemned... obv it's okay if our Perfect Rolemodel Muhammad PBUH did that.
>Oh... and women.... though so ugly we pull drapes over them, but a hole is a hole.... AND they must be total slaves to you... how great is that?

So, OP.
Can I get your Shahada?

t. benjamin netanyahu

Please find the source of that copypasta friendo

Sorry. I want to be a part of a religion that isn't a terrorist apologist organization.

Well I'm agnostic. I don't know for certain if there is a god, but I believe there is.

You got this all wrong mate.

We aren't terrorist apologists... we are the terrorists people find excuses and are apologetic for...
It's weird that people after we kill for being infidels try to shame other people into not offending us and killing their people.
It's like some segment of the western elite actually want us to rape, murder and maime their own people for some agenda.... but i'm just a hairy jihaddi on forums so don't mind me and my crazy ramblings....

And it's not like you'll be getting a nice religion... we also have job offers available. Usually short term contracts though.
We have open positions for truck drivers, people who don't mind large crowds, pilots etc.

That makes you a Deist, not an Agnostic.

Thought the definition of Agnosticism was that people could not understand whether god existed, or the nature of god in the event one does exist.

You are looking at it the wrong way, I mean it in the most benign way possible.

It sounds like you're an Arab, Somali or Serbian, that identify as Muslim or are identified by others as Muslim.. possibly also quranist.

Most people still get that not all Muslim people are as dogmatic as the media portrays them to be, most people are not that retarded, yes even though the pew research center asked those questions that one time, yes even so.

You will have to agree though that there is a severe problem facing Muslims in the West demanding reform for a more modern interpretation of the Quran and teachings of Muhammed, the faith is dogmatic by design, the book is written by the holy man himself according to most scholars and is to be interpreted as such, there's not enough self-critical theology being put forward towards Muslims, making it the abrahimitic rock that withstands the most water.. at least until the tectonic plates shift..

OP, why the fuck do you want to believe in something? Are you trying to find a reason to keep on living? Why are you asking questions like this?

Also, why are you making a whole thread that has to do with your personal identity? Do you really think you're special enough to warrant some kind of conversion?

You've challenged an establishment and a demographic, but you haven't really given any reason for people to answer your challenge. I don't really know what you're getting at, here. For what reason would you "want to believe in something," and for what reason would you seek answers on an anonymous imageboard of all places?

atheist doesnt exist, we are autoist, we belive in volvo and välfärd

Why do you care what OP thinks? Let him ask his questions, and invoke discussion.

Possibly because the founding father of Psychology speaks greatly about the profound positive aspects of having a belief structure or a stable ideology to follow.

UAZian Perspective begs to differ

OP, you must join the Pastafarians. If you do not join us, next time you eat pasta you will suffer a pasta attack. By the grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) you will be saved.

Op this is Sheik Mohammad al bin Sayeed. I would encourage you to explore Islam. We have many brothers and sisters from around the world. You can choose many wives, you can rape them, abuse them, trade them like camel, but the best thing about islam is the ability to blow things up.

The judeo/christian bible, (OT/NT), or more specifically the Torah, actually has God laying out the proof of His existence. If you're truly willing to look at it. In this is the case for why the hell the Jews are still alive. Literally, excluding the Exodus, history is rife with nations trying to exterminate them. There is cuneiform tablets and steles that talk about the sack and plundering of Israel. All the way up to our present time. Look at the fight that established the nation of Israel as it is today. A band of basically militia defeating a standing army consisting of I think five nations. In a week, they had won and the nation of Israel was reborn. Fast forward to the six day war, in six days they defeated six nations, crippling the powerhouse nation in that area, Egypt. Yom Kipper war, again overwhelming odds. Won.

I bring this to your attention, because in both the bible, and the Torah, God says He will protect them. Given that they have had a most every nation try and exterminate them, I figure is a powerful voice for thinking that that God is real.

Now onto Jesus, more than ninety percent of archaeologists agree he was a real person who lived and was then put to death by crucifixion. So historically, Jesus was real. Whether He is who the bible says He is, IS a matter of faith. But at least you know he was real.

Thanks! I'll definitely be looking into this one

The basic and the first redpill:
Star and crescent is not the sign of Islam, it is actually the sign of "Islamisation of pagans" as Turkic people became Muslim they started to protect Islam by fighting for arabs, etc., Islamic caliphate started to use the occult Turkic pagan/shaman symbol of star and crescent.

But in reality, the religious symbol of Islam or Muslims is this pic. Some Islamic countries except Turkic/Turkic-founded counties like Turkey, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan is using the star and crescent symbol because that places were belong to the Muslim's that protected by Islamic-Turkic dogs.

It was this stuff that convinced me. It's still a matter of faith in its form. Are the Jewish people protected? Or are they the luckiest race on this planet and are really the human form of cockroaches? Islams founder often remarked that he didn't know if he was going up or down when he died. I find it hard to imagine a deity who chooses you for the hurculean task of founding your religion and then punishing you for it. Didn't want such a pernicious god like that. Buddhism is nice, but wasn't for me. And I remember seeing something once that talked about Buddha almost progressing about One who would come into the world to save us all. It eerily sounded like he was talking about Jesus. Good luck on your journey user. I'll pray you make the same choice I did. But in any event, good luck man.

youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4