ITT: albums you never understood the hype behind

ITT: albums you never understood the hype behind.

Translation
>I'm an American and if I don't immediately grasp every facet of a culture than it sucks and it's not worth the "hype"

OI OI OI
LEE SATCHEL YOU BASTARD
STOP TRYING SHAG THE BIRDS AND FIGHT THE GEEZERS
mine's a kronenberg m8

When The Streets first dropped, hip-hop was at a creative low. All the good shit was getting swept away by high gloss party rap and Skinner gave us all some hope that the genre was not dead and, in fact, still evolving.

Skinner's music didn't really stick to my ribs, but I always respected his hustle.

If You're Reading This It's Too Late - Drake

Damn

Shit features and two straight up awful songs

What an embarrassing post.

How so?

Anything by Travis Scott

Oh look it's another post that's being very vague about how someone is "embarassing" to project some sort of weird insecurity. I NEVER see this. What's next, "yikes"?

A white guy made a non-cringy garage album.
That's pretty much all there is too it.
It came at the right time when chav was vogue but the lads from outside london didn't have black mates so couldn't relate to the garage scene of the time outside of Blazing Squad.

This stupid cunt might as well have said "cringe" like the meme addicted shitposter he is.

Embarrassing, really embarrassing.

Seems like.

I'm still waiting to hear how what I posted was embarrassing. It's pretty much a matter of record if ya know what was happening in music at that time.

I'd be far more embarrassed to try to call someone out without any ammunition, personally.

>stick to my ribs
>respected his hustle
Come on.

So, you didn't like my figures of speech?

Get it together, mate. Take a good long look in the mirror and ask what you've contributed to the world today.

if your not from england then i could careless about your opinion on this album.

.....That's what seriously bothers you?
How about you go outside.

If you post frogs and make your/you're mistakes then you should stay on your containment board and let the big dogs talk.

this album is a relic of the 2000s at this point. listen to roots manuva if you want something actually good. weird how grime came back for some reason but other "uk hip hop" never had that resurgence

it's shit

not him but
>all the good shit
>respected his hustle
you sound like a typical ktt larper

could you possibly jump to a steeper conclusion

You've got it all wrong. Just stop. If you wanna talk music, let's do it but keep all that projection to yourself because that is, indeed, embarrassing for all parties attached to the conversation..

he made Grime mainstream duh

would you say you are smhing at me right now?

Yes, your shitty generic hip hop figures of speech.
>round here we say birds not bitches

>this album is a relic of the 2000s at this point
how? I'm not British, so I don't see how it is no more relevant.

No, it's fine.

Well, then by all means could you post the July 2017 list of Sup Forums-approved music slang? Because I don't pay attention to that but I can see that it's very important to you so I'll try to be accommodating.

the streets was chart-stopping stuff here in the 2000s. nothing like it exists any more or is anywhere near the charts. it left no noticeable imprint on music to follow. ergo it is irrelevant and less relevant than it was in the 2000s

ayo my nigga the new Grimes just dropped, peep that, it's tight phat

*note-taking intensifies*

Does anyone else feel really conflicted about The Streets? He clearly sucks as a rapper and the actual quality of his music is questionable but I feel a deep connection to those first two albums I don't get out of many others