Why are hipsters buying fucking cassettes again?

why are hipsters buying fucking cassettes again?

why does it bother you?

...because they are hipsters?

Bc normies like vinyl now I guess

those are antiques you idiot just like atari console , its worth fuckload money now
now cut yourselves that youve broken/threw away all those old consoles
you would be rich

Yes, but why are they buying it?

Meme again, and your content is getting permanently removed. Do not chance it.

Because them turds think that retro stuff is cool... I was so happy when CDs became more mainstream.. Finally can switch between songs

Ataris ain't worth "fuckloads", I've sold two 2600's in the past few years and still have a 2600 and a 7800 and while you can get a couple of bucks off em they aren't gonna do more than put a tank of gas or two in your car maybe.

This could actually explain why

my car can only play cassettes sadly

Stfu and let them because I'm beyond sick of the cost of vinyl going up like crazy the last 10 years. Let them follow dumbass trends

Cassettes are a flawed format for many, many reasons, but I still love 'em.

Growing up with them probably has something to do with that, but I've always just found it to be a really satisfying way to throw an album on.

I like this plan, drop vinyl prices

You know you can buy a cassette to headphone jack adapter for like 10 bucks at any store, right?

Modern vinyl's actually pretty good. But it's really just a physical $30 FLAC album instead of a file.

Cassettes are just hipster garbage. That format has a short read life because the read head of the cassette reader rubs away at the magnetic tape in the cassette. You can't save them either. Humidity and temperature flux especially are bad for cassettes, and even unplayed they will lose quality after five years or so in storage. It's just a cheap, shitty data medium.

Don't confuse it with archival tape, which is a different thing. Data tapes made from archival quality material are used for backing up bank and governmental records. That stuff would withstand a nuclear bomb. However, it is not used for music, and the slow read speed would make it a poor choice for storing audio.

>crack open a fresh cassette
>put in stereo on side a
>press play
>stops
>rewind cassette
>......
>......
>......
>hit play
>sounds alright
>/krrrrrjrkxhfdsjhfkjkjkdjsjkl
>stereo eats the tape, spits it out
>mfw

so scared

I lost my favourite Rush tape that way not too long ago.

As a format, tapes leave a lot to be desired, but alas I am a hopeless nostalgia-fag.

>ilstening to rush in 2017

digital master is shit bud.

next they'll be buying these