Popular music brainlets why don't you just kill yourselves?

Popular music brainlets why don't you just kill yourselves?
Anyone who studied music theory for at least more than 8 years will confirm you that there is no dignity whatsoever in the shit you listen to. Just think about authoritative theorists such as Adorno, openly against your commercial crap: is there anyone out there with the same kind of knowledge that the man had which had the balls to actually defend and write essays about such plebeian trash and comparing it to the glory of classical music? No, there isn't. If you defend such trash you probably never studied music in your whole life and can't realize that what you call "innovative" is just something recycled from classical music again and again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YMMXrFI7140
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Classical music sucks dick

Why did you post the frog?

It does if you're a brainlet who can't handle it.
He's smirking at you all.

>studying music
most ridiculous thing I've read today (and i've been on this digital web gathering for several hours)

Hahahaha I really like that frog! Where did you get it! Or did you make this one yourself!

I can handle it fine. It's not like there aren't genres that are more interesting and forward thinking anyway.

this but unironically

adorno was a jew.
frankfurt school is pro marx.
communism created zero quality music.
capitalism created beethoven, the beatles and britney spears.
your pseudo intelligent musicians probably just create crap that don't deserve to be heard any more than they ads.
whatever i said above, i don't really agree we with lul.

You don't belong here then. If you really like something, you have to REALLY get into it, not just trying out a bunch of pseudo-intellectual, overrated works which some faggot in an anime image board suggested you.
Not ironic at all.

He was a musicologist, not a musician.

you don't have to study fucking music to understand it, you fat autist

If that was true, this board wouldn't be like this.

/thread
OP is just high-horsing, there are times when pop music is entirely acceptable, like at parties; just try throwing on some Beethoven the next time you're hanging out with your normie friends (inb4 no normie friends elitist reaction). I'm sure that you'll find that they think that you're the one with a problem because you can't enjoy normal shit without making a big deal about it

Musique concrete, tape music, sound poetry, lowercase, and indeterminacy are all way more interesting and just downright better than classical.

If you're really going to be >2deep4u brainlet. I agree with this guy

and literally all of those came from classical

Shit bait Montie

Classical music was just stolen from medieval folk music

>sound poetry
youtube.com/watch?v=YMMXrFI7140
interdesting indeed

ps, pls tell me user, how far up your own bunghole do you currently reside?

What that the fuck does that matter? Are you going to claim that cavemen banging on rocks is the best music ever because it came first?

actually caveman banging on rocks was heavily derivative of birds singing

>projecting
I can only say that progress doesn't necessarily mean improvement.

Hmm, maybe you shouldn't base your first impressions of a genre on some random youtube video. Listen to Henri Chopin's sound poetry stuff.

>a senile man accompanied by le funny soundz
oh wow yes I was wrong

Honestly though, are there musicologist in favour of popular music? Some good books/essays about it? I've actually never seen any.

Whatever. Just go back to listening to Taylor Swift or Grimes, I guess.

>studying music
>not a brainlet

ah wait... the local hobo is doing psychotic sounds and it's alliterating pretty interestingly with a revolting door and some pigeons

I might have been wrong about sound poetry

>classical plebs think they're superior despite the fact that the majority of classical music is puerile poetry, written in a language that consists of words which don't actually allude to any ideas
Opera and folk music are the premier forms through which musical artistry can be expressed; purely instrumental music, serving as entertainment as opposed to art, is almost completely worthless--think, perhaps, of television, though slightly more highbrow.