I've spent over $700 on philips hue light bulbs and accessories

I've spent over $700 on philips hue light bulbs and accessories.

make fun of me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QJt7PfUfgt8
youtube.com/watch?v=kt6NrmFpKIk
youtube.com/watch?v=tPJQLvw3U44
youtube.com/watch?v=tFZBahypvmw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aren't those lights for autistic kids?

its cool actualy

Better put that shit on the bathroom

i mean they could be.

Nah it's pretty cool.

Whatever rocks your boat but... why?
Your kitchen looks like a gay disco now.

can you give any insight now that you've done it yourself?

i would but they don't have bulbs for wet environments :(

looks like a brothel

Looks quite neat, but why in the kitchen?

Looks cool, OP.

Now jerk off all over your kitchen so when you show it off, it lights up like Jackson Pollack graced your house..

his boat is obviously a gay disco

I've got a bulb for wet environments right here, lightning boy ;)

not practical at all for cooking, you won't be able to see shit, if its overcooked etc, how much salt your putting in...your just going to end up using normal bulbs. what a waste of money

looks gay.

Looks pretty, Id like your setup as a secondary thing, like have normal lighting and when the mood suits those nice colours, then I would do drugs and enjoy the lights :)

i have them in every room of the house but the bathroom

it's a lot of money to spend on something that's pretty useless but i really like being able to control every room of the house wirelessly through voice commands.

Except the $700 part.

It actually looks really nice OP Good job

they do whatever you want them to do including all your normal bulb temperatures.

ya that part kinda sucked

What do you do for a living OP?

Why buy hue lightbulbs when you can huehuehue

i'm a fishmonger

No, seriously

>not buying lifx bulbs

i may be a mong but i'm not a fish monger.

that wasn't me

i'm a consultant

for some reason that purple light makes me want to punch the microwave

OP, I understand you, I like those lights, great job! In Germany, one would say "Leider Geil!"

Ur a fucking idiot, that money was worth it fuck face. What are u a fucking nigger or something, you relying on government nigga boi!?

How long have you worked for Phillips advertising department? Genius plugging these to Sup Forums autists. GG.

Wow. How much was it for the whole house then? That's pretty cool, user. I have a small house, 2 bed one bath, probably not the best to do this but I just may if I'm feeling autistic enough.

I stand corrected OP, thats fuckin dope sir

>What are u a fucking
Look who's talking.

Post more. I know that one room was not 700$.

Where can I buy these? You've just sold them lmao

during the prime day sale, i bought 3 bulbs and the bridge just to light my bedroom. pretty fun. Simulates a sun rise, and can set a mood.

they really should be paying me

like i said in OP i've spent a bit over $700 to kit out the whole house. that number would be higher but i've sniped some ebay deals and the amazon prime sale.

2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen and dining room. i will probably get one of the portable hue lamps for the bathroom so i can have some color in there at night when i get in the bathtub and smoke weed dude style.

r8 my setup

Why so expensive for lights

It's pretty cool. I mean bitches spend that on makeup and people waste money all the time who cares.

could've just bought 30 bucks worth of rgb led's ya fuckin' moron

amazon of course but home depot and best buy sell them in store. best buy usually has more in stock.

the whole house cost $700 to outfit.

Du Dödel! But as a Philips shareholder I congratulate you on your purchase!

Dubs of truth.

if it makes you happy user, it was a good purchase. the normal lighting looks fantastic too

should have just used LED tape lights

would have cost you 30 bucks per 10 feet.

you don't seem to understand what the hue lights are or what they can do. you aren't going to be able to replace them with some rgb lights.

You could if you weren't a fuckin' moron.

you simply aren't going to recreate what these things can do with $30 tape led's. especially t he spotlights and recessed lighting.

youtube.com/watch?v=QJt7PfUfgt8

Purdy cool

I say it's very much worth it. You could have gamble all that money away

Id love to live in your house user

nigga, did you really just post a Phillips commercial as proof that you couldn't have just gotten regular rgb's

Do you have any proof that rgbs would suffice? Not OP btw

try out huelabs and some of the cool features people have made. i use one that slowly fades in the lights as i wake up and dim out as i fall asleep. i also have a setting that flashes the kitchen lights red when the cooking timer is up.

true

also my under counter kitchen light comes on at night as a nightlight.

he's just trolling bro.

Fug dude I'm pretty jelly that not only do you own a house but have a sick set up to top it off, hope ur not married

>i'm a consultant

what an answer!

no no no never getting married. you might be closer to having your own place than you think. i thought i was still at least five years away from buying a house. i was renting a house with my cousin but he got engaged and moved in with his fiance and i couldn't afford the place on my own so i left at the end of the lease. renting would be at least $1200/month but after meeting with the bank i realized i could be paying $750/month on a mortgage and have a place just as big by myself.

that technically is the truth. what i really do on a day to day basis is more complex than what i care to type here.

lets just put it this way. it's nothing your schools ever told you even existed as a career path.

user is the oriental dude in the YouTube comments in the video he posted..

Same headline comment faggot op I have found u

oh look, 1 minute of research
youtube.com/watch?v=kt6NrmFpKIk
youtube.com/watch?v=tPJQLvw3U44
youtube.com/watch?v=tFZBahypvmw

You've given me hope. Thank you senpai!

lol yes led strips are a thing. we all know that. problem is that have literally 1/10 of of the functionality that hue lights have.

I can make the same for 50

Wtf are bulbs for wet environment?
You retarded?
Bet there are normal bulbs in your bathroom right now

look into your local housing market and start educating yourself on things like FHA loans. depending on where you are owning may be far cheaper than renting. with an FHA loan almost anyone with a half decent income can buy a house.

Why would you put lights under the cupboards?
I mean, it's cool and all, just seems pointless at that location.
Did you inform yourself whether they are hackable? I remember a few articles on people turning lights off in other peoples houses via wi-fi/internet.

Honestly kind of badass. Bathe your house in dark red light and invite people over.

that's what I want my apartment to look like
a bunch of pink / blue and purple light
chill af

neat

do chicks dig it?

today you learn that not all LED bulbs are suitable for high humidity environments.

see
probably hackable but what's the likely hood of that actually happening? pretty much non existent.

Can we get some more pics? Be smart tho, do t want too much of your house revealed

i usually don't show them until they've been over a few times but they get hooked on playing with them on my ipad once they find out they can control the whole house.

If my house wasn't in such shitty shape I'd be tempted to try this.

>can set a mood.
Alexa, set bedroom to fap mode

i call this setting "whore house". it probably freaks out the neighbors. forgive the lack of decor, i've been taking my time to decorate.

I like it. Lighting looks familiar to Eyes Wide Shut.

tits or GTFO

you can absolutely do that

i can make my place look like something out of a horror movie.

I spent $15 on led light strips and 3 years later they still work fine

You wasted some money

Is this enough to track OP's house on Google Streetview, guys?

have you entertained a lady there yet? they must fuckign love that

that is the most generic looking house ive ever seen. you tell me.

Adorable house, user. You can tell it's not a niggerhood. Too many where I live.

why is your house asymmetrical
looks retarded

Yeah, nothing wrong with assymetry in architecture, but when it's "almost there but not quite" it looks kinda off.

I bet your neighbours think you're a weirdo. Those chinese students, the young couple with all the kids.

Why do you have a dish washer; sell it for more lightbulbs. Handwashing gives a more thorough wash anyways and it gives you shit to do instead of spending nearly a grand on LIGHTBULBS.

you can try. i'd love some pizzas and stripper to be sent over like the old days.

thank you

you'll have to ask the designer but since the whole area was built in the 1930's-1940's he's probably dead.

eh actually 700 isn't terrible. i mean when you think about it, you spend around 200 dollars on bulbs if you replace like 2 or 3 rooms. At least if you get dimmable LED bulbs which everyone should be buying at this point. So an extra 500 isnt too bad considering you get to control them a ton.

That being said, making your house look like Need For Speed Underground isn't necessarily cool, and will more than likely send any girl you bring over running for the hills. But if you're ever like super high with some bro's it'd be cool to fuck around with, or if you have kids

Cheese pizza strippers? Can I come!?

chinese students like me. i helped them find a set of keys that got lost in the lawn one night. for asians they really like to party.

no thanks i like having machines do my washing for me.

Do they make you hard?