Do women have it easier in society?

Do women have it easier in society?

That is a hell of a question. If you're being serious then it's really pretty damn complicated. In certain social interactions women have it easier. There are certain dynamics skewed towards women. However in MANY aspects of life being a woman is a detriment. You have the heavily political influence by conservatives who overreach too fucking much about women's reproductive systems. Workplace sexism can still be a serious thing and there are a lot of people who hold outdated and offensive views about women.

In male dominated fields, it can be really difficult to be taken seriously just because you're a woman. There's a 'need' to have to purge yourself of femininity in order to be taken seriously and even then you still have to be 'perfect' or else any fuck ups will be joked about as being part of your gender.

It's a double edged sword, like most things in life.

In some ways, yes. In other ways, no.

>work in coal mines
Or
>get complimented about your body randomly and have to suck dick
Hmmm really makes you think.

it's ok, user. she's still not going to fuck you

The fact that people actually asking this question in a sincere and genuine way proves in fact that the patriarchy exists

not according to every woman ever

muh childbirth

muh rape

muh glass ceiling

muh 70% pay

muh discrimination

muh equality

Not really. They have different challenges. The problem with the modern feminist movement is assuming that life is easy for men when it sucks for everybody.

I'm a feminist and this sort of thinking pisses me off, but it's not shared among the majority of feminists I know. It's more popular than the really fringe radical feminism but it's not really part of the mainstream beliefs. What sucks about the internet is it allows these lesser known beliefs to have a broader platform which can taint the movement as a whole.

bump for interest

when in comes to the legal system, getting a job, and getting into college, certainly

Not if theyre ugly

It depends on the field. I worked in a male dominated field for 3 years and had to quit recently because I just couldn't put up with the harassment anymore

inb4 tits or gtfo

Society expects less from women. In that sense only, they have it easier

>But women get to reject men and are always evil bitches to me and my fellow fatbeards

If you're a man and still think women have it easier than you, then you're a disgrace to your gender and don't deserve to carry a penis

As I woman, I feel I can answer. Yes. And Fuck your TITS or GTFO. As a woman I don't have to play by your rules.

I wish I could force women to spend a year living exactly like men.

>What sucks about the internet is it allows these lesser known beliefs to have a broader platform
literally feminism

>commit a crime, get a shorter sentence

>get a divorce, take everything

>need help, beta orbiters and white knights everywhere

Sounds pretty rough being a woman in a first world country

Of fucking course they do. I've seen only moderately competent women succeed in careers and have work thrown at them more for the fact that they're cute or pretty 20-something women, than anything else.

Then get out of Sup Forums. You clearly dont belong here if you don't abide to the sacred rules.

in canada yes. in Afghanistan no.

No, I wish women had as many rights as a fucking gun. Idiot fucking conservatives.

Woman = Easy mode

Man= Hard mode

Gays = Glitch mode

Th/read

Western countries yes, places in the middle east no.

Yes. Next question.

fpbp

Guy is awesome at doing the job. Girl is maybe 85% awesome at doing the job. Who gets hired?

Not to mention, which one gets the most "help" along the way?

>takes off ninja costume
>gets stoned

That being said depending on the job if you have a fat ugly chick who's great at her job vs a good looking fit guy who's not as good at the job he's gonna get picked

This. Women walk the red carpet.

It's not the patriarchy, it's just that men are smarter, stronger, and more competitive than women.

>do anything as a woman there
>gets stoned

It doesn't even have to be an ugly guy. An average women is going to have an easier time at a job than almost all men. They have lower expectations to meet. At my job, they don't criticize the female employees for shit.

In your imagination.
Unless your a fat or ugly woman or live in a third world country, you do have it easier.

Yes. Not only that, they feel the need to bitch about every aspect of it.

>Caring about preserving a human life that can't consent to being euthanized at the mother's whim = Overreach in regard to women's reproductive rights.

Sure kid.

I think you need to have parameters for this to work.

Fat people, those with deformities or disease, and really ugly people just need to be left out of it.

All things being equal, a "nice" looking woman, especially if she's thin or has big tits, will always win out over a comparable looking man, OR an older man with a lot more experience (in most cases).

I get passed over for work all the time because of my looks and not being a nice looking woman.

A former friend of mine, mid 20's, cute, female with very little experience, was offered freelance work over maybe 10 other people with more experience (including me) because the guy hiring liked her and wanted to hang out with her.

Yeah, not a great example. You're right, except the guy shown is 15% more awesome and they still pass on him.

Yeah but then probably don't use a hideous male in your example

My example still works, but let's say the dweeb is 100% awesome and the chick is maybe 1/2 as awesome. Up to a point, the chick will always have the edge.

Yup

Here's when I realized women live life in easy mode

>Be a young guy who enters the police academy. The physical standards for the female recruits were much lower. Male recruits are busting their asses so they can pass the final pt exam. The girls just bullshit the entire time.

Final exam comes. If you're a guy you need to haul ass to make the final time. The girls' time was so slow that all but one of them stopped and walked several times and still managed to pass.

It was pretty heart breaking to see guys work their asses off and still fail. Meanwhile the girls had the nerve to walk and some even still complained how "hard" it had been.

To be continued

too lazy to green text properly

I work a moderately tough physical job - More endurance based than heavy lifting etc.
We are about 50/50 male/female staff.
The female staff is FAR slower and generally less effective but we get the same wage because equality I suppose.
Every time something heavy needs lifting it is always "We need a couple of guys to do this"
Never ever have I heard the sentence "We need some girls to fix up the lunch"
This has been the case on every job I´ve ever done and I am so fucking fed up with it.
Don´t even get me started on their advantages on the dating scene / with the law.
TLDR: Yes women have it way easier.

Honestly what's the worse thing that a woman needs to go through that a man doesn't?

Getting pregnant