Critically acclaimed indie character study about a gay black man coming to terms with his sexuality

>critically acclaimed indie character study about a gay black man coming to terms with his sexuality

Pack it up, boys. Looks like we have an Oscar sweep on our hands.

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-union-nate-parker-birth-nation-rape-allegation-20160902-snap-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Nate Turner movie is gonna win desu.

>niggers getting oscars

Jews hate them more than whites.

>using the n-word in 2016
Fuck off, r3dditor.

No it won't. The Parker rape scandal has killed that movie's chance at winning Best Picture. Or at least significantly harmed it.

I think it's going to be too arty, and frankly too good, for the academy to give it Best Pic bro. It also won't have the necessary audience support, it'll be too inaccessible for the mainstream plebs and the pleb Academy voters. It will likely be nommed though. I'm predicting La La Land at this point.

>true low budget indie films have been neglected for decades by the oscars
>now because of oscars so white only those by black directors will get nominations

>indie movie
>Oscars
kekeroo do they ACTUALLY do this? No I don't think so.

The reviews actually have me pretty interested. Will give this a watch.

at least some indie movies will be nommed this year bro

it's a step in the right direction

also there is a good chance that Manchester-by-the-Sea will get nommed. I am guessing it is white enough for you (it is 100% white)

They changed their voter committee to include more ethnics and so movies like this are going to be nominated because indie films are the types of films the majority of blacks make.

did you even read the articles about them changing the voter base? it changed from being about 8 percent non-white to being about 11 percent non-white.

keep being an ignorant retard though

It means they pay attention to this shit though, they'll throw a bone to a few like that obama oscar bait one, this one seems like a real longshot though

oh no, they pay attention to some movies that might be deserving of attention?

Moonlight looks like it's going to be better than almost any other "white" movie out this year bruh

that Obama movie has zero traction, I doubt it'll get a single nom. I mean there will probably be a disproportionate number of "black" movies nominated for things this year but in no way does that mean the movies are going to be any worse than usual. It is very rare that more than one pretty good movie is nominated in a given year. I am guessing this will probably actually be the best line up in years if movies like Moonlight, Manchester-by-the-Sea, La La Land, etc make it in. That's pretty questionable though.

it's ok

Shit like Beasts of the Southern Wild, Whiplash and Room manage to sneak in every year

>Rape is a wound that throbs long after it heals. And for some of us the throbbing gets too loud.

latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-union-nate-parker-birth-nation-rape-allegation-20160902-snap-story.html

all of those were good though

>I'm a poor black man in the white man's world

>I am also gay and like teh male buttholes

the only thing missing to make it a total trophy-farmer is the lack of time in Auschwitz

wat

Moonlight looks like it'll be way better than all three of them. They're extraordinarily easy, middle-of-the-road fare.

I'm okay with Janelle Monae winning an oscar

Who the fuck is Oscar?

So deep xD

>not trans

it doesn't have a chance in hell

Considering how homophobic the black community is, this sounds like a genuinely powerful film.