So now that the dust has settled, was she a Mary Sue?

So now that the dust has settled, was she a Mary Sue?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
youtube.com/watch?v=mjHEHuNyvME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes!

Everything was fine until the fight with Kylo ren, that's when she became a Mary Sue

she's addicted to cocaine irl now and has gotten fat as fuck

If Rey was a man, no one would have complained

Star Wars has been about white powder since day one.

Shes's my waifu

why does she suddenly know how to use a lightsaber?

She's just method acting what happens to Rey in the sequel

Disney is pushing for a pro-degeneracy/fat acceptance agenda

YOUR WAIFU IS A COKE FIEND

"A Mary Sue is an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

How does Finn know how to use it? He's not even Force-sensitive!

She's not fat you fucking virgin. Can you not tell the difference between fat and muscle?

didnt you see the stormtropper with the lightsaber on his forearm, the stormtroopers are all trained for it. finn was a stormtrooper

No because we don't know her background yet. She's probably the kid of the most powerful jedis in history or some gay shit.

>didnt you see the stormtropper with the lightsaber on his forearm

No, I missed it, when did that happen?

Then you're a fucking idiot. Bye.

I want TV Tropes to leave.

wtf are you talking about

*snorts line*

You mean TR-8R?
you think that was a lightsaber?
you think it was attached to his arm?
you might actually be legally retarded

>Daisy Ridley
>perfect

She will never snort coke off my dick

Her parents are Sith

Hi guys my name is Rei! I have never been inside the cockpit of this oh so conveniently placed throwback to your younger days, but don't worry! I'm fully capable of piloting technology I have never seen before to the tune of not only keeping up with but beating Imperial pilots using a variety of death defyin maneuvers. Oh no! Something has gone wrong on the ship and the actual owners don't know what?? That won't do at all! Allow me to rummage around in a ship I have never seen before for a piece of technology the owners of the ship apparently forgot existed. BUT DONT WORRY!! I am fully capable of fixing this ship (which I only just found) using my knowledge of years spent tearing out parts of crashed starships and selling them for scrap. Because that's tots the same thing!!! Did I mention that I BOYPASSED THE CONVERTAS??

>I have never been inside the cockpit of this oh so conveniently placed throwback to your younger days, but don't worry
I know this is pasta, but she's the one who repaired the Falcon

*rubs gums pensively*

Because all stormtroopers are trained in close combat you nonce or did you miss when Finn went toe to toe with a stormtrooper with a nightstick?

It's not pasta and nowhere in the movie did it even hint that she repaired ANYTHIG

>go to her imdb
>first fucking line in her discussion section is "It would add realism if Rey had hairy armpits"

She knew how to stick fight already.
And she gave in to her rage.
The Dark Side gave her mastery.

>yfw my girlfriend has hairy arms, hairy legs, hairy pussy AND hairy arm pits

she's mixed (white/italian) and love her just the way she is

She literally says she's both a pilot and that she installed the bypass

She also recognizes the Falcona me knows how to pilot the ship sitting right next to it. If you have no inductive reasoning skills I guess all of this would blow right by you

Of course she's a Mary Sue.

But that's not the real question. The real question is what does she smell like down there after 20 years in the desert ?

yup

like crack

Coke makes you skinny, not fat you sheltered kid. The only two people to ever stay fat while being addicted to coke were Jon Belushi and Chris Farley.

Yes she was.

Even my SJW friends on FB said she was boring and not memorable

coke bloat

look it up kid

t 80s teen

Yes

If Kylo Ren, after years of jedi and sith training, can stop a bolt from a rifle mid-air for several minutes, then release it to strike at the same speed and force it was meant to hit and fight several adversaries even with his guts spilling from a chewbacca shot that send stormtroopers flying....

how can this man-faced child do shit?

I would have

I complained about Poe too if that helps

Personally I don't think so the movie simply didn't have a lot of hardcore conflict so there wasn't a lot of time for Rey to be super flawed.

that's slightly gross and cute at the same time

>Mixed
>She's white/also white

>mfw invincible got canceled

They're getting an ending, not everything needs to go on for eternity.

>hairy italian (sicilian/southern)
>white

>wikipedia

and kirkman never ruled out an invincible part 2/invincible returns

I haven't seen this yet. Any good sex scenes?

Mary Sue confirmed

The accusation of being a "Mary Sue" gets thrown around an awful lot lately - practically every active female protagonist in genre films over the last few years has been accused of being such. To me, this says less about the characters and more about the people levying the accusation - they're largely uncomfortable with women in the role of an active primary protagonist and seek to demean them wherever and however they can.

Rey is, in many respects, very nearly the same character as Jaylah in Star Trek Beyond - they're both preternaturally skilled mechanics, speak multiple languages, live in dilapidated wreckage they consider their homes, and fight with staffs. Both get mixed up with well-established heroes and ultimately taken away from the planets they were effectively exiled on to begin new adventures. This is no accident - Simon Pegg based Jaylah on Rey, at the suggestion of JJ Abrams (producer on both films). Jaylah received very little, if any, in the way of accusation of being a Mary Sue. Jaylah is also "safely" relegated to a secondary role in the narrative, she never rivals a male character for primacy or threatens to supplant a beloved hero.

go back to bed, tumblr

That literally has nothing to do with the criticism that was leveled in the first place, so moving the goal posts is this's pastas answer for trying to understand why a remake that changes core things about the first movie in the universe ever made which endeared people to luke skywalker pushed people away from Rey.

Even with the force, luke was constantly being saved by other people and the main bad guy ended up being his father. I.E he had no intention of killing him.

He became the ideal of the jedi not for his skills, force or martial but because of his belief which ended up changing his father's mind.

The differences are so stark that the people that made the remake simply missed the lesson.

And Rey is also shown to be adept at close combat as well, thanks to fighting off aliens on a desert shithole planet, so I'm not seeing the problem here

Post pictures of her fat with coke bloat. I won't believe it until I see it.

was she a mary sue

Emily Blunt is not a mary sue
Rey is

Her ass is fat with cockbloat if you know what I'm laying down

Yes. This goes into pretty solid detail on how fucking retarded the story is and her character.

youtube.com/watch?v=mjHEHuNyvME

She calls it a piece of shit, if she'd ever poked around in its engines she would know that it's actually amazing or whathaveyou.

Is that the ugly balding swimmer chick?