wow..
who knew this shit caused schizophrenia

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3405830/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC33999/
altmedrev.com/publications/13/4/287.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Checked

But what source do you have for that statement?

I knew. I flushed a bunch down the toilet no lie last 2 weeks made me go crazy had to stop f****** with it

Smoking it rn and y'all freaking me out now

Some people just can't handle their drugs

ridiculous high amounts of THC fucks with your dopamine receptors

which is somewhat the same with schizophrenia, their dopamine receptors are fucked

and you get voices that have consistency in personality
hopefully temporary

good ol weed wouldn't cause it, but anything super high in THC like shatter with chronic use will fuck up your dopamine receptors

>source
>othersideofmarijuana
starting to happen more in the U.S.
was already happening in europe to burnout teenagers with rich parents

To my knowledge most drug use can make latent mental issues manifest, but I doubt it "give" you schizophrenia.

>source
>othersideofmarijuana
that sounds like a creditable non bias peer reviewed scientific backed source

"give" is just another term for loosely based causation

you input massive amounts of THC that increases dopamine, your brain will eventually create more dopamine re-uptake receptors, which basically eventually causes schizophrenia/psychosis

all receptor damage slooooowly starts to heal unless you were a chronic meth head

but of course others are more receptive to damage and change than others

welp, when the link between all the people who shouldn't be developing schizophrenia for their age group is drugs that create high amounts of dopamine, you should start looking at that one thing

I've been smoking wax, hash, and concentrates for a few years. I'm not smoking massive amounts or anything but I'm an everyday smoker.

Never heard voices or any of that and I have a history of mental illness (Anxiety and depression). Maybe if someone is predisposed to schizophrenia, it would cause them to experience symptoms.

forgot to add that most of the kids getting drug induced psychosis has no family history of schizophrenia

>when the link between all the people who shouldn't be developing schizophrenia for their age group is drugs that create high amounts of dopamine, you should start looking at that one thing
MDMA?

Nobody, because it doesn't, you filthy casual.

Teenagers, it's been proven that marijuana can have an effect if used heavily while the brain is still developing

all the stoner threads
on all of them without fail just keep repeating the same thing "it fucks with your dopamine receptors"
read a book faggots, it's getting old and annoying
everyone knows this, you are not smart for knowing this. you can't make assumptions with this fact alone
I for one actually read so maybe you'd like to hear this
dopamine receptors are not the biggest problem
the biggest problem are the brain cells that die
some of them die because dopamine cuts the breathing chain
brain cells don't grow back, even if you read on some shitty buzzfeed article that neurogenesis has been linked to weed
you are all just a bunch of faggot stoners pretending to be smart because you read what every other person has
get a grip on reality if you haven't fried your brain beyond repair already

you guys don't know the first thing about molecular biology and want to talk about brain cells
for people who actually know about the subject is infuriating, but for you, it's just sad

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3405830/
>thc increases dopamine produced

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC33999/
>schizophrenia
>triggered by more regulation of dopamine and more dopamine receptors being made to compensate for it

and anyone who's taken any intro to neuron psychology or something similar knows your brains re-uptake receptors increase in compliance to drug use

another similar condition is SSRI but that has to do with serotonin, which is more related to shit like DXM

Schizophrenia is just the onset of psychosis and psychotic symptoms for more than the desginated period of time per the DSM IV TR or DSM V - Usually around 6 months.

Psychosis is where people experience things lie paranoia, delusional beliefs, hallucinations, etc. Psychosis is broken down into positive and negative symptoms. Positive and negative don't refer to whether they're bad or good but is used to describe what is happening to their reality. Positive symptoms are things that 'add' to the break from reality - i.e hallucinations, delusional beliefs, paranoia, thought insertion, thought broadcasting, referential ideas, etc. Negative symptoms detract from their experience of reality which are also the lesser known psychotic features - decreased motivation, memory and concentration and even depression.

Cannabis and meth are two of the main drugs that I see that contribute to a person having a psychotic episode. Almost always there is an element of drug use that precipitated psychosis. There is something called drug induced psychosis which is usually a temporary one off psychotic episode. Other times the drug use placed a lot of stress on the brain and along with other comorbidities resulted in long term psychosis or schizophrenia.

Literally everything can be harmful if used heavily. Doesn't matter if you're a teenager or not.

Too much sun can cause cancer, but in moderation it provides Vitamin D. Water is necessary for life, but too much at once/in a short time period will kill you etc.

Yeah, even coffee is containdicated for adolescents.
In the 70s people could smoke a car load of weed and show up for work on Monday morning to operate heavy machinery.
Then in the 80s some (mostly Dutch) idiots went NASCAR with buds, making stuff that nails your head to the floor with small doses.
Then all the hormones and Frankenstein bullshit to make more potent weed leaves the user with a feeling of having the flu and a lowered iq.
That's when i put the weed down, more isn't better, i just want to get high not impress the mall rats with how stoned i got.

>ramblings of a retard
>read a book
they teach about the receptors in universities you pretentious sack of shit lmfao
>brain cells die from thc
uhh no. You are actually brain damaged lol.

"Cannabis use and risk of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes: a systematic review"

Long story short:

"Findings
There was an increased risk of any psychotic outcome in individuals who had ever used cannabis (pooled adjusted odds ratio=1.41, 95% CI 1.20–1.65). Findings were consistent with a dose-response effect, with greater risk in people who used cannabis most frequently (2.09, 1.54–2.84). Results of analyses restricted to studies of more clinically relevant psychotic disorders were similar. Depression, suicidal thoughts, and anxiety outcomes were examined separately. Findings for these outcomes were less consistent, and fewer attempts were made to address non-causal explanations, than for psychosis. A substantial confounding effect was present for both psychotic and affective outcomes.

Interpretation
The evidence is consistent with the view that cannabis increases risk of psychotic outcomes independently of confounding and transient intoxication effects, although evidence for affective outcomes is less strong. The uncertainty about whether cannabis causes psychosis is unlikely to be resolved by further longitudinal studies such as those reviewed here. However, we conclude that there is now sufficient evidence to warn young people that using cannabis could increase their risk of developing a psychotic illness later in life."

>cited 1671 times
>published in The Lancet

>neuron psychology

stop talking about things you know nothing about child

samefag retard

these are the arguments of a stoner?
keep quiet kid
even some drug addicts on this thread are smarter than this, let them have a turn to debate and go to sleep

>doesn't know the meaning of samefag
the actual state of drug addicts

whats the matter? long words that aren't "dopamine receptors" scare you?
too much data for you to handle at once?

So does anti-anxiety medications and SSRI's. They literally rewire your dopamine receptors to bind with serotonin.

see? it's happening to you right now. you need to stop

>that one retard who sites definitions without ever facing the problem in real life
hey shithead guess what, schizophrenia is one of many drug induced psychosis
your shitty definitions are not how the real life works

many REAL people have consistent voices of schizophrenia, not just one episode or just random things, from drug-induced psychosis

The developing brain in utero, during infancy and during puberty is unstable and susceptible to all manner of morbidities. Your brain stops developing around 25 yrs of age.
THC isn't health food, it interrupts your hormones less than alcohol but in different ways. It sends fat to the tubes in testicles and can inhibit fertility.
At least it doesn't have a realistic fatal dose (something like 400 joints in an hour i'm told) and it actually makes most people i know more careful drivers.

>dopamine receptors increasing literally in the pubmed article
>still argues against it

welp we all know your futures not in science fuccbois

Is that that shit that they found that mosquito in that jurassic park in and they extracted the dna to make donisaurs?

Not that guy but he seems to have it right.
A really unstable person can have a psychotic break from alcohol, or just plain old stress from life.
Don't get all angry if someone's talking down your favorite method for ass-scratching, some people out there are tearing their asses to pieces.

it doesnt "cause" it. It can bring a predisposition for it into a full disposition for it.

Always clean your ears, earwax can cause major brain damage.

The cure to Schizophrenia is injections of vitamin C. A lot of Vitamin C. I can give source.

This.
If your family has schizoids or psychos in it, lay off the depressants and narcotics.

No shit one can have a psychotic break you fucking retard
He's literally defining the 2 as separate things when it's not.

Real life problems have gray areas, that fucking NEET fuck is trying to define it with definitions he googled.

He's saying schizophrenia and psychosis aren't the same, when it's actually blurred in real life.
He's a retard who wouldn't even speak up, that's why he put up definitions and you're a fucking retard too.

The word cure is used by unscientific plebs. There's only treatments.
But yeah, drop the source.
I heard Johns Hopkins had 80% success rate getting people off cigarettes using psychedelics.

Found the health mom

I work in Early Psychosis Intervention. I gave a broad outline to educate as I don't have the time to go into every nook and cranny about psychosis. If I did I would have been able to talk about depression with psychotic features and bipolar with psychotic features.

But I guess you took it personally. I would be interested to hear your qualifications and experience in the matter.

>He's saying schizophrenia and psychosis aren't the same, when it's actually blurred in real life.
You could make a better point, and inform people, just maybe, if you drop all the abusive name-calling that just makes you look bad.
Seriously, go back and just delete all the nasty before you hit post and see how smooth your post looks.
Wasted energy and arrogance.

look at these tweakers trying to justify their addiction. if you can't get high enough off of one bowl of good old flower, then you're an addict with underlying health problems (physically and mentally)

>brain cells don't grow back
adult hippocampal neurogenesis, look into that

Holy fucking alliteration nigger

I was incorrect, it is B3.
altmedrev.com/publications/13/4/287.pdf

Maybe. Some people have one glass of wine and four days later they're burning rocks of meth in a ruined house full of starving crazies.
Seems some people are more addictive than others, while some can moonwalk in and out of a bit of heroin use without losing their dayjob.
Gotta admit, this crystal meth seems to have been made to just destroy poor and stupid people.

>trying to call out insults with nothing but insults in both posts
literally KYS you braindead fuck
go work at walmart NEET fuck
go google more definitions lmfao

Yeah, weed gave me low key schizophrenia. None of the voices or anything, just the dissociation with reality. As far as I know, its a lot more likely to happen to people with schizophrenia in their family tree.

You have to smoke a fucking insane amount to get to that level, unless you already had preexisting conditions. Which I suspect you did.

I knew honey bees were bad for thw environment

Wow..
This thread is just a bunch of angry addicts fighting with other angry addicts

Meanwhile I got a stemline rig cheap as fuck from China just to smoke weed

Schizoaffective bipolar depressive faggot here. Am vaporizing a bowl of some Blue Dream right now. Can say that THC does not effect my hallucinations and that CBD definitely diminishes them to a small fraction of their usual frequency. Have to report that a friend with the same exact diagnosis experienced opposite of what I did and she told me THC only made her feel worse.

TL;DR
All things effect everyone differently.

>altmedrev.com/publications/13/4/287.pdf
FUUUUUUUck man, just gave that a skim, if that's how that works, seems all those schizoids that rotted their brains away were just neglected and mistreated.
Exciting stuff.

>schizoids
aren't schizoids just loners or some shit?

I read that in a book called "party of one" that schizoids just are some fags who don't want friends and want to be non-conformists by themselves or something, nothing to do with some hallucinations or mental illness that's detrimental to society

I can totally see you in a lab coat, making great discoveries and helping people every day.

There is also some very interesting experimentation happening right now with micro-dosing of magic mushroom extract. It is said to increase plasticity, and accelerate neurogenesis. I managed to treat myself successfully and - from my point of view - cure Chronic depression using nothing more than Colloidal Gold, Turmeric, Hemp oil and switching to a heavier diet of fresh red meat and green leafy veg.

Quit smoking weed you faggots.

I already have schizophrenia so if i smoke weed then my schizophrenia would get treated?

Yeah dude.

I work in Early Psychosis Interventions. I'm assuming you're referring to me the one who talked about the DSM IV or V. You took it personally when in reality I was providing a broad overview of my expertise in this area. I was limited by the fact that I didn't want to spend ages going into extensive detail. If you have anymore questions I would be happy to talk to you about them :)

i'll alliterate you you fucking fuck

If you're not trolling, being a loner or street person can be a result of schizophrenic symptoms. Some of those homeless weirdos you see are afraid to live indoors because they truly think that electrical wiring in the walls can hear their thoughts.
It can get really miserable for them when they get taken to hospital, they think they're about to be sacrificed to some satanic alien conspiracy and can get violent.
Privilige and persecution is the common themes, they think the whole world is after them and they are important enough to be preyed on by such an apparatus.

That is just (almost) pure cannabis or "cannabis juice"

Well I mean yeah, it's hard to give a crap about whatever normal people are bitching about now when you live like that. That doesn't mean that is the definition of schizoid.

>being this dense
You must be very familiar with this stuff.

So this isn't the place for it but I'm posting anyway.

So four nights ago I dropped some acid, nice little trip. The next night I decided to take a dab and I had a straight up 4 1/2 hour Salvia trip.

Why the fuck did that happen?

That is called schizoid personality disorder. Actually nothing to do with psychosis or schizophrenia. I did a dual CARMS (Comprehensive Assessment of At Risk Mental State) assessment with our clinical psychologist. We had a referral from a GP who thought he fit criteria for out Early Psychosis Intervention service.

You can look up Schizoid Personality Disorder and that might be more inline with what you are thinking about. A person with personality disorder problems are a bit more different than someone with psychosis based problems which are more my expertise. Or else I would have said more about what Schizoid PD is.

Elaborate here, you took salvia and the trip was incredibly long? Or you had a trip that felt incredibly like salvia?

peer review is bullshit
I understand your point and I agree with you
but don't be so closed minded
the scientific community is dominated by kikes and their nepotistic bullshit

acid can be pretty intense and the experience are like no other sober experience and dabs can get you pretty fuckin cooked so it probably just brought upon some of the most prevalent memories and mental processes which you experience while tripping back to you idk i pretty high and the human brain is weird this doesnt sound too irregular to me though

I took a fat dab and had a 'trip' that was like being on salvia. I usually don't 'trip' on dabs.

I had taken acid the other night however (24 hours prior) so I wonder if that had something to do with it?

>be me early 20s
>eating a bag of mushrooms in the country with trusted friends
>everything has a fiery gold halo around it
>people look like squeaky dolphins or south park characters
>a week later get punched in the face by a stranger
>get in short scuffle and have to talk to police for an hour
>fuckin shroom effects start on the way home
>watch late night tv all twisted and jittery but calm
seems stress can release residue into your system. I think some psychedelics lurk in your body fat or somewhere and can flash at you even years later. Just be aware what's happening and get some vitamins into you if it starts to look a bit grim or anxious.

>dabbing
it's fucking WAX

it's no longer "from the earth"
YOU'RE INHALING WAX INTO YOUR FUCKING LUNGS LOL

WHY DO YOU WANT YOUR LUNGS TO GET STICKY AS SHIT WITH WAX

>but don't be so closed minded
>the scientific community is dominated by kikes and their nepotistic bullshit
Close the window!
Your credibility!
Too late.
:(

Blowing your THC recptors wide open, yeah who woulda thought there would be side effects?

faggots, stick to a blunt or a bong. ffs stop with the chemistry bullshit trying to science it like its the cure for cancer.

feels_good_man.jpg

The thing is it was my first acid trip so I only took one tab (170) and was pretty, in control of the trip the whole time.

I have a high tolerance with THC (sucks) so it usually takes 4-5 dabs to get me nonsensical, so I have no idea why one fucked me so hard and terribly.

(Note: not a fan of salvia)

>being open minded means rejecting objective truths when they hurt your feefees or conflict with your pavlovian conditioning
just remember what i said, faggot

Shit son thanks this is incredibly helpful

Because I'm dumb thank you for your concern

>disagreeing with me means you are flawed
This mixture of totalitarianism with trailer park lingo is surprisingly common and unhelpful.
>peer review is bullshit
ok m80

Ok how long should I wait for regular to have an effect on me again.
I unfortunately started pretty hard so I've honestly never been able to get high with just weed alone.

I cum a hell of a lot harder when i'm stoned. Like a fucking geyser

what was your major before you dropped out

>peer review is bullshit
You just went full retard

It's been covered but yeah psychedelic trips are pretty strong experiences and anything similar like thc can connect the neural pathways leading to a flashback. Not that the drug is still in your system, it's just your brain vividly remembers how to enter that state and has learned how to do it on command.
Kinda like ptsd but not necessarily from a bad experience.

And taking the LD50 of any legal / non-legal drug can kill you. Shocking how the legal ones kill too right?

Only if you were already going to get it/ are predisposed dumb ass.

stream that for money

The thing is, I didn't have the salvia experience with acid.
I also didn't have salvia experience with dabs beforehand.

I guess there is only one way to find out if thc will always be a salvia trip....by trying it again! At some point.

Thanks for your help mate!

It's almost as if taking enough of anything will cause negative effects. Who woulda guessed?

> Omg there's only 2 drugs that causes psychosis
Yeah because psilocybin isn't a million times worse than cannabis you stupid fuck. Next thing you'll say is crack, dmt, prescription painkillers and alcohol doesn't cause psychosis

>WTF

Watches at 0 $??

when I was like 16 I once shot my cum onto the ceiling and across my entire room look 8 feet away when I was stoned. it was honestly shocking but so satisfying

It doesnt you are just weak

So... anyone here know what the best Recycler rigs are?

I've been meaning to buy a recycler... I don't really like those egg looking rigs but I heard they were good or something?

Also why the fuck would I want a bubbler? Wouldn't that be worse for filtering?

What about all the people who do better on cannabis with ptsd than prescription drugs that cause real suicidal thoughts and depression? Bring in the cherry picker

If this was the case then every coke head out there would be schizo ...

Mdma mimics serotonin