Is Yu-gi-oh still fun? I quit 14 years ago when they started doing all that rule changing bullshit...

is Yu-gi-oh still fun? I quit 14 years ago when they started doing all that rule changing bullshit. now I have a substantial amount of income and can afford it but don't know if its worth it.

the original Jinzo was my favorite. simple, powerful and a total badass. I heard they banned that card

the game is very different, the op pic hasnt even been used in over a decade/ Granted if you buy old ecks you can still find people to like to play gen1 yugioh. That being said you can still learn, basically just buy one of the videogames
>preferably the most recent one
And they have tutoriels teaching you the mechanics by in each generation.

I have Yu-Gi-Oh Dual Links on my phone. All the good cards are there. Just started playing a few weeks ago...but never have too long a wait to play against someone

It's fun to play with friends, but not so fun if you're better than them and just shit on them with a superior deck.

The actual card game is highly complex, you can just look up competitive yugioh and have a look at the meta decks. There are many cards that are banned in tournaments because of their ridiculously strong effects, but in regular play that won't matter.

thanks dude. I might take you up on getting the newest video game just to try it out. Jinzo was amazing, I might just pick one up just to put it up on my wall

they are implementing a new mechanic and monsters today(friday), they are called link summoned monsters and the mechanic is called link summoning, there is a new monster zone called the exta monster zone reffering to the extra deck monsters, any monster you summon from the extra deck(fusion deck way back in the day) goes there, but you need a link monster in order to summon more monsters from the extra deck on the regular monster zones. it seems tricky but with some research you should know eveything to be up to date

also, jinzo is not banned

If you play Duel Links, the new rules aren't difficult. And all tournament/global banned cards are auto-removed

sounds way more complex now but im willing to give it a shot. Also fuck yeah.... Jinzo

good to know its not to over my head. might just need to start off with a base deck and start fresh

just look up yugioh meta decks 2017 on youtube. thatll be the best place to start. Kaijus would probably be the simplest to learn.
do you know what Dev Pro is? its an online pvp program for yugioh. you can try out decks for free and duel in real time. Also the game is auto guided meaning you can't break the rules, so if the game isn't letting you make a certain move its because its against the rules, its a way to learn the mechanic through trial and error
>also go to /tg/
your thread will gain more traction there than here

I have a friend who plays yugi and he says the game isn't as focused on traps anymore

dude you're awesome thank you so much

its odd to see a world where traps are no longer the #1 fear in yu-gi-oh

Pretty much...
There's fusion summoning
synchro summoning
pendulum summoning/spells
xyz monsters/overlay
and now link monsters
it's super complicated now, so prepare yourself if you want to get back into it. Btw, some meta decks cost a lot... Just look something up to get an idea of what's new and stuff. Lot's of summoning from the graveyard is what i've noticed but with link monsters (the newest mechanic) that may change

yes and no
Monster effects are very important, many monsters are immune.
>pic related was basically the most important trap in anyones deck, but ive been out of the game since last year so it might not be anymore.

okay I'm going to sound like a dumbass.... what is this?

I think it got limited...? I don't know anymore

its not yugioh

check out YGOPRO, it's a free program that has every card and updated constantly because there's tons of new complicated rules and shit so it's a free way to see if you wanna get into all the new shit

its not worth my dude they change the meta waaaaaay too much and theres stupid things like pendulum cards now

sounds way more complicated but fun.

I just checked and the top "Meta deck" in the world is worth $733.31 to put it together. not a problem for me but the significant other might cut my balls off

i hate card games so i think its really boring

Nope.

Too much syncro bullshit.

Motherfucking tributing doesn't exist anymore in their wild meta.

lol I was hoping not

Duel Masters, I'm surprised you know about YY but not about this, I'm a fan of both myself but prefer Duel Masters.

Odds are, if you don't recognize it, you're a millennial. That being said, you should know how to type some shit into Google.

If you wanna play I highly recommend playing duel links instead of the actual game, the current tcg has way too many rules, so learning it from scratch wouldn't be worth it

pendulums got SUPER NERFED if that makes you feel any better

Ha! Yeah, it can get pretty fun, GG user

to be honest after looking up Pendulum cards it sounds like they kinda jumped the shark on this game. its way to complicated now. i sound old but it used to be simple and fun

the game is trash now especially after the release of links because they introduce infinite combos to the game and other cancerous OTK effects

Just go with MTG. yu-gi-oh went to shit a long fucking time ago.

HORY SHIT!! I GOT QUADS??!!

ever heard of monarchs?

Wow I haven't seen this shit since middle school.

Nigga that deck gets sweeped with horseshit tactics.

more like I've been out of the game for so long I'm disconnected from all of this. if I remember I thought Duel masters was cool as a kid but thought it seemed like the mexican knockoff of Yu-gi-oh so I stayed way from it

I actually liked that show a lot. Didn't play the game but it was cool.

It is to Yugioh, what digimon is to pokemon.

Still goord.

fuck off pendulums are good

AYEEEEE tooo bad this isnt a nudes thread

you see that the one game I've always wanted to get into. it looks really cool

Really? I quit a little while ago so maybe I'm uninformed

Yeah OP reminded me of them by bringing YY up I used to fucking love that show and the cards as a kid idk y I really LOVED them

My friends toad deck used to fucking wreck the monarchs.

That awesome toad was the death of many card effects.

I haven't been able to play anymore because it's expensive. Once I finish moving and getting shit settled, I plan to go back into it. I haven't played at tournaments in 3 years, dunno how it is now and missed a few seasons. If you got money to waste, MTG is still good.

damn it, you've peaked my interest

True Draco

Piqued, you fucking tard

when a girl you take to bed has a dick

Just play MTG
Yu gi oh is for kids

OP as fuck

Yes, it's great, but only if you find something you're into. Personally, I run shaddolls/arcanite or shaddolls/buster blader. Holds pretty well against most decks. Before that I ran madolche because I fell in love with the art style, and before THAT, I ran synchro dragons.
Op, if you want to get into it again, play around with Devpro and find something you like before blowing money on cards. DuelLinks is also decent.

at this point Yu-Gi-Oh is flawed as a game simply because power creep it has literally done away with having a cost to every move because cost causes you to think the only way Yu-Gi-Oh can become a decent game at this point is to implement a feature where there is a mandatory loss of life points for every summon made something like 200 life points for every summon and an extra 100 life points for each summon after the first

gotem

Just play Magic the Gathering instead.
Its cheaper, more balanced, and doesn't have stupid rules that nobody understands.

Also its artwork is much better and less about edgy weeaboo anime fags

first image I ever jerked off to was a Yu-gi-oh card... embarrassing fact. this exact one

Fucking degenerate sicko.

Bitch doesn't even have nipples.

english isnt my first language. sorry

If you're trying to use a word like piqued, then yes it fucking is.

OP here. I'm actually considering it. TBH I got into it originally because I love the artwork. I might just buy the originals and make a wall piece

Find an archetype you like the artwork for and play it.

Play MTG instead. It's still a money sinkhole. But much more popular.

thanks for the advise man!

Is there really any way to win without playing these ridiculous meta decks? I play with friends on ygopro and while my deck is quite powerful, the instant they use a meta deck I am screwed from turn 1

op here.... drew them on muthafucka

guess i will go kill myself now

some people play GOAT format(2005 meta decks) wich revolve around scapegoat and lots of old cards, and also plays by the rules back then and most of the cards are super cheap and common at this point like mystical space typhoon and mirror force

might be a compliment? is says you are advanced in the english language that you know the word but not how to spell it yet

Maxx C is good to gain an advantage and Shaddolls are excellent for preventing monster spam, but other than that most other non-meta decks have too long of a setup time to be able to counter a meta deck. I tried using spellcasters for a while but between not having enough draw power and the need to pile on spell counters I couldn't accomplish much against, say, a blue-eyes or galaxy or even a burn deck.

Nice way to think about it, I'm just used to the hostility of Sup Forums

got 2 friends who play yugi and supposedly nowdays you can get blasted the fuck out turn 2 if you got a bad start and turns can last forever with all the summoning methods

tbh i cant see the fun in TCG, it's all so random and slow, so little skill required

Forgot to mention that usually if you stick to one or two archetypes, even if it's not part of the current meta, it usually works fairly well.

OP here. the reason I left to begin with besides the rule changes was because they released a deck of cards that had ALL of he heard to get cards within it. it made things way less fun because half of it was finding the EXODIA cards and cards alike. but then here comes a deck with a bunch of them non holo cheap and worthless..... then the rules came

Alright, at least you had some good judgment.

not every anonymous face needs to be hostel

> You should already know

But honestly the point was never to get the crazy stuff they used in the show, the point was to build a working deck that you thought was fun to play. The collecting is kinda fruitless because thousands upon thousands of cards and reprints of those cards.

Legit. Every good deck takes no thought, just patterns bullshit.

I always wanted to get into it bc it looked cool but never learned how it works...

It looks cooler than it actually is.

Its also stupid fucking expensive.

Most people buy cards for their decks now as opposed to blind packets, but its still going to cost at least 50$ per deck.

I know one guy who spent $300 on a magicians deck. Fucking mental.

I'm in the same boat. I used to play yugioh competitively on the national level and still have my last nationals deck, right when the chaos monsters were wrecking the meta. I think almost every card in my deck is either banned or restricted. I switched to MTG Commander format, the switch was relatively easy and I think you would really enjoy it. Adds a whole new layer to MTG and livens the game up quite a bit. Check it out, I think you'll like it. MTG cards hold value better than yugioh cards too, my nationals deck was probably over $1000 back then, I think it's worth a few hundred dollars now.

it's all bs now. Bought a deck last year and I still don't know how to play. Went against my nephew with the old deck I had and according to all the new bs written on the cards I guess I won? Fuck this new yugioh shit

the only difference was at the time they seemed special because it was so hard to find them. I 100% understand now there there was 1,000,000 of them but I was only 14 to 15 at the time. Jinzo was still that unobtainable card that everyone wanted. but once that deck came out when Non Holo Jinzo's were in every other pack it lost the magic to me

well, nowdays, expensive or super popular cards get reprinted a year later at most. i play a meta deck now, but i also enjoy playing goat format and 2004 format (chaos emperor dragon, yata garasu and all that stuff) but not many people like that format, but if you wanna play for fun, it shouldn't be expensive to make a deck

jinzo was used all the time a couple months ago wtf are you talking about

Jinzo decks get rekt on the reg since 2016

no its really bad now
i just quit the game a few months ago
theirs synchro xyz pendulum(which are half monster half spell) and now link which comes out some time this week. if u dont win in 1 turn u pretty much lose. and if u want to win get ready to pay a shit load. konami sucks dick as a company

there was a deck called paleozoic which was a trap monster deck that was meta. and jinzo countered the fuck out of it. plz stfu u have no idea what ur talking about

thats just the thing... when I played if you had Jinzo you were the shit. fuck your trap cards. United We Stand that bitch and win the match

And yet Jinzo gets destroyed by 99.9% of other decks.

The only reason that deck was good was because of the card that summoned any card with Ginzo in the title to the field, you nuke that and its a done deal.

now adays if u play that shit ull just get steam rolled. the amount of shit u can do 1 with card is unreal. u can draw 5 cards and summon 4 monsters

well no shit sherlocke
the first post i replied to said jinzo hadnt been used in a decade which it has
so stfu i dont even know why ur replying

holy shit man....

I used to have deck that was pure power but no skill.... shit was fun though. Is Exodia still a thing?

nope not really. there is an exodia buts its not even really based around drawing the cards. u summon an exodia type card and use still annoying trap card to sit on it. google "yugioh link monsters"

exodia nowdays is either you get a hand to draw out as many cards as you can, and if you don't make exodia, there's a high chance you'll lose

Because I get energy from arguing with people over the internet.

Can't even use pot of greed in TCG anymore, so good luck trying to bump up your chances of summoning the forbidden one.

lol