Haven't lurked in a while, how does Sup Forums feel about Tame Impala?

Haven't lurked in a while, how does Sup Forums feel about Tame Impala?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LCZNhd_6GN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We don't feel anything about it at all.

10/10 for thoughtfulness

listened to lonerismism again today after awhile and realized its not all the meme that people say it is

I'm in the minority on Sup Forums but currents is one of my all time favorite albums.

Lonerism is great too.

Innerspeaker is good.

Thank you. Seriously, Currents is fucking amazing and I really liked Lonerism and Innerspeaker.

Disciples is the best song

Innerspeaker and Lonerism are top notch psych pop/rock, especially for being made in 2011/12. Currents has a couple good tracks but is mostly shit.

Tame Impala EP is pretty great too just for the fact that it mimics classic psych rock so well. Not as good as the first two albums but leagues better than Currents.

Why is Currents bad for you? Out of curiosity.

goddamn mu is good tonight

What's the meme exactly? Since I'm at work, I'd like to know without searching lol

Droning disco garbage with shit vocals and even worse lyrics. Let It Happen is great, The Less I Know The Better and Cause I'm a Man are good, the rest of the album is completely forgettable except Past Life which is only memorable for being the worst track in their discography.

I don't agree but I'm glad you shared.

How could you forget Love/Paranoia tho

he's pretty good

damn I was just about to post a thread about them. lonerism is a fucking masterpiece

Because it's extremely bland and forgettable. I really hope Kevin sticks to what he does best when he releases his next album.

The last two tracks alone had me like

don't phonepost

why? I'm at work, not going to use their computer.

then wait until you finish work and get home

Didn't explain anything so I'll continue.

>not recognising the cancer that is phoneposting
fucking retard

they sound like a lot of groups that have sounded like that for decades, without really adding anything to the style

bands that amount to a collection of influences usually get slobbered over by indieheads who've never listened to the influences

how does it affect you honestly

it makes me angry

okay well that's your problem, I can't help you. Would you like to contribute to the thread tho

i'm actually contributing to the wider forum by slowly eradicating phoneposting

what difference does it make if a comment was sent from a phone or a computer?

too fucking true

I just wish it was longer

I hope Mark Ronson coproduces the entire next album

all the difference in the world

this

same goes for Radiohead and Animal Collective

So all Radiohead, AC, and Tame Impala are is just a collection of influences with no original contributions to music?

How is Animal Collective not original lol

Name one band that sounds like them

I'm with you, but innerspeaker is better than lonerism.

It's not but it is very close

t. autist who never goes outside

deerhunter... grizzly bear... glass animals...

In all honesty I haven't given lonerism enough of a chance. I'll have to do this.

Currents is literally the only good album Tame Impala has come out with.

idk wtf y'all niggas be trippin on lmao

my man the bands you listen are the inventors of their sound and it s others that rip off of them nice b8 though

I HATE the wanky psych rock from the first few, but I enjoy the pop sensibilities and production on this album quite a bit

youre a dumb for saying deerhunter but i see grizzly a bit

the point is theres a difference between inspiring from others to create something memorable and aggregating influences to create something forgettable

kevin parker is the best producer in rock music right now

could you give me more stuff that sounds like currents and lonerism? would genuinely love to hear more like them but i don't know enough about music to know quickly who is influencing somebody

like obviously i can listen to mind mischief and know that it's psych rock / pop but that's about the extent of my knowledge. i enjoy the grateful dead, who also fall under the psych rock label, but they sound nothing alike

You bet

I always liked them, listened to Lonerism/Innerspeaker endlessly in college, and Currents since its release.
Just found out fairly recently that Tame Impala IS Kevin Parker. Blew my mind that it was a one man show, and no matter what you think of the music you have to admit how much talent you need to create something like this on your own

this is correct

I would like to see him try more rap production in the future
youtube.com/watch?v=LCZNhd_6GN4

but brand new person is one of their best songs

Dubs confirmed for truth.