Are you contrarian cunts actually gonna deny that this is one of the greatest directors of all time?

Are you contrarian cunts actually gonna deny that this is one of the greatest directors of all time?

I know Django and Inglorious Basterds were shit, but the rest of his films are pretty good despite how pretentious he is.

Tarantino is a goat

>being double contrarian

Inglourious is fantastic though. It gets better every time I watch it.
>inb4 "it portrays nazis as the bad guys!" memes

It's shit, though. Even if we ignore the whole "portraying the Nazis as the bad guys" thing.

Notice how there's no discussion happening? That should tell you something. I think the unspoken majority of people on tv agree he's a pretty okay/good/great director; just not as OMG BEST DIRECTOR EVER like some people claim

This type of thread is productive for nothing except contrarian posts

most of his movies blow.

I have not enjoyed a single one of his movies. Not only did I not enjoy them I outright despised them. At least fellow meme director Stanley Kubrick sometimes made entertaining movies on accident.

2nerd4me

>Being a Summerfag casual trying to sound smart

>jew power fantasy
>goat

It's shit you redditor faggot.

Quentin Tarantino is the reason my mummy likes The RZA, have I been cucked?

Greatest living director in America today. Maybe just cause his prominence came in my mid twenties and I am liking back in that time with rose colored glasses but damn, I love Kill Bill, Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and fuck it, I liked Inglorious Bastards too. ARRR VOOWARH!

Inglourious Basterds is his best movie and Django was a little too long but had great moments.

The Hateful Eight was god awful.

>ARRR VOOWARH!
are you ok

Fuck, forgot about the Hateful Eight.

Reservoir Dogs > Pulp Fiction > Kill Bill > Jackie Brown > Hateful Eight > Inglorious Basterds > Django Unchained

I think he's amazing, ppl hating on any of his movies are full of shit, they're all great

Jackie Brown > Reservoir Dogs > Pulp Fiction > Hateful Eight > Inglorious Basterds > Django Unchained > Kill Bill

Where is this idea that QT is pretentious coming from? He is very well aware that he isn't making great works of art, they're basically high-budget exploitation films. If you want pretentious, see David Fincher.

Most of his pretentiousness leaks through the dialogue he writes.

It's pretty transparent he thinks he knows something we don't and tries to come off as an intellectual, but there's no substance there, it's mostly masturbatory shit we all thought between the ages of 15 and 25.

I5
Just beeing myself senpai

I don't see it that way. QT's dialogue has a very organic quality, the stuff of natural conversation that regular people partake in (see the conversation about tipping, or the foot message thing) as opposed to "movie dialogue" that services character or plot.

Call me contrarian or whatever but The Hateful 8 is a masterpiece

Here's
>YOU
I'm generous today.
Now fuck off.

Watch them again. I used to think the exact same thing, that he had some of the best dialogue out there.

But it's only good by comparison, actually, and hardly organic. Look at Kill Bill 2 for example, the entire bit with Elle sounds so unauthentic and forced it causes me the same second hand discomfort I get from Meet the Parents.

>upvote if you reddit in his voice

You're not a contrarian, you're just unintelligent

It was too stage-y. It triggered my eye roll.

It literally only had 2 good scenes. You know the ones. Still not as bad as Django though. And the Kill Bills were only good when i was a teenager. H8tful 8 is his only good movie since Jackie Brown

Swap JB and PF and you've got yourself a flawless list m8

it was refreshing though am I wrong?

Ok, because you asked me nicely.

I'm not saying it's the best dialogue ever, in fact I think people do tend to overrate him because of it. All i'm saying is that a lot of it is the exact opposite of pretentious. It's organic in the sense that it isn't artificially constructed to fit some purpose or pretend to be greater than it really is. Most of it is fluffy stuff that doesn't pretend to do or be anything, like the Big Mac bit for instance, which was inspired by an actual conversation he had (you can't get more natural than that.) And by natural dialogue I mean in the sense that it has the ability to capture the unique rhythms of human interaction without forcing the notions of storytelling or screenwriting into them. But i'm really only referring to his first three films here.

Kill Bill 2 is sort of different because it's full on exploitation. I guess sounding inauthentic and overly dramatic was the point, as was the case with a lot of the movies QT pays homage to.

How can you have this kind of homage driven work (which is a constant in all his movies, Jackie Brown possibly being the one with the less) and maintain a natural, organic dialogue?

He still needs exposition through dialogue, he still wants to transmit something concrete through it (again, the best example of this I can think of is his Superman / other superheroes dichotomy in KB2), he still tries to drive the story through dialogue. Hateful Eight was basically an entire exposition talk where every character had a background story exposed by another character.

That's hardly organic.

I think the best example of what you mean comes to us from Pulp Fiction, which I admit is very, very natural and authentic. But at the same time it leaves me thinking it's the only example of such an occurrence, oddly enough becoming a trademark of his despite being a seemingly isolated case.

Did you really make this thread? Why did you make this thread? Delete this thread.

No, there are plenty of movies that seem performed in a diorama box, and the characters had about has many dimensions as if they were paper cut-outs.

django and basterds were fine. reservoir dogs is the shit one

Don't be little contrary cunts just because me and shane dog two young bloods are owning this town and chasing down our goddamn dreams

>Inglorious Basterds was shit
Fuck off nazilover.

Well Jackie brown was heavily inspired by blaxploitation, and such films like Foxy Brown and Coffy. But it is not like you can't make homage driven work and not have natural dialogue, which is kind of exactly what QT does. There is necessary exposition, obviously, but the way the characters handle the dialogue through misunderstandings, and their interactions is the key difference.

Again, it might be that this kind of writing was most prominent in his first three films, but Basterds also had similar moments (the opening sequence and the bit in the bar come to mind.) and so did Death Proof (diner scene, car conversations...)

>reservoir dogs is the shit

Yeah, it's fucking great.