Lawfag here. I take my state's bar exam next week. AMA

Lawfag here. I take my state's bar exam next week. AMA.

What school did you attend? also is the job market as miserable as everyone keeps screaming about to potential law school students?

I won't get too detailed, but I attended a T-3. I'm not certain, but there are a bunch of students from my school who have not secured employment. I begin my first job at the end of August.

How did you attain the job? internship? also was t-3 a problem or worth saving the $$$?

Nah. I'm good.

How can I assault a person and get away with it?

Pure luck in my opinion. The interviewer wasn't too concerned about where I wanted to practice or what was on my resume. I mean, that stuff is given - it's procedural. At the end of the interview, I asked him what his favorite subject was. He responded, "History." We then discussed the history of ancient Greece and Germany for an extra 10 minutes. Two weeks later, I received an offer.

To my favor, I did have a lot of experience working in law firms as a clerk, and I did compete in moot court.

I didn't save money to go to school. I'm in a lot of debt. I also had to work my entire third year, because I needed to supplement my loans.

Depends on civil assault or criminal. Elements are both the same - except criminal assault is attempted battery. Basically, you must create reasonable apprehension of bodily injury in the individual you are assaulting. This depends on the state in which you're located, though.

Keeping it simple, though: Don't get caught.

Hey OP thanks for the info. Glad you snagged a job. Any advice in closing for someone interested in law school?

When is the next lawfag thread?

Is it every Friday?

If I click a link on Sup Forums that takes me to a fucked place, what happens?

Um. Well, let's see.
>Don't burn bridges. Sometimes, you need to suck up your pride and let people walk all over you
>Studying for long periods of time doesn't mean you'll get a good grade. I studied plenty, and sometimes got suck ass grades
>Make time to get a drink and smoke a cigarette
>Enjoy it while it lasts
>You need experience in addition to decent/good grades
>Apply to clerkships in your second year

There's a few.

Depends. Sounds like you're suggesting a criminal context. This depends on your mental state, really. You're assuming that you've taken the action, which meets one requirement. So, a prosecutor must then prove you had the requisite mental state. I think I know what you're referring to, though - that doesn't require a mental state, because such a thing is strict liability, and there is no excuse for that, whatsoever, even if you accidentally entered such a site.

If someone commits digital crimes while underage (sexting, blackmail, hacking, exchanging nudes) and nothing happens for like years and time passes, will they charge the person as an adult? Will they still be investigating that after years?

>time passed
>strange vehicular activity is ongoing
>people pointed me out
>person with cop plates offered me a ride from store after turning down a previous offer, five seconds before
>feel watched

Will it be

Hey, Im also a law. LIFE SUCKS.

BUT remember fag... ,life sucks in general...

Hm. I suppose that depends on a few things.
1) Statute of limitations - which varies from State to State. Basically, you cannot bring a criminal lawsuit against someone 100 years after it happens - for most crimes a least. If too much times passes by, then you may be barred from bringing legal action.
2) Assuming the Statute of Limitations is met - and a crime was committed by a minor, but now faces charges as an adult? You know, I'm not too sure to be quite honest. You will likely still be treated as a minor in my opinion, and that will be mitigating to a certain extent. If you're 16 or 17, though, the court will likely just treat you as an adult.
3) Perhaps they will be investigating. Depends on how egregious the crime is.

You okay?

Long long ago, I clicked a link on Sup Forums, was like 15, not knowing to avoid clicking links on Sup Forums

It was sick shit.

HAHHA

Who is over 1987 here and still chats...?

I was born in the 90s. Jokes on you.

You're likely fine - as long as you got out of it immediate and don't hold anything in your possession.

Met sick fucks from chat site who were into sick shit

Long story short, it was bad.

is it true that many judges have dirt on them?

Left that place as soon as I saw what it was.

It doesn't stop there.